PDA

View Full Version : Cut hair wet or dry?

Fairlight63
February 1st, 2009, 08:00 PM
I was wondering which is best to cut your hair wet or dry?
What do you do?

Carolyn
February 1st, 2009, 08:12 PM
I trim mine dry and insist on a dry trim if I go to a salon. If they won't do it, I leave. I did that once. I think my ends look a lot better if it's trimmed dry but freshly washed that day.

viking_quest
February 1st, 2009, 08:20 PM
I don't trim my hair, but I trim my family member's hair. I've found the dry trim to take less time and easier to do and I prefer to do it that way.

chrissy-b
February 1st, 2009, 08:36 PM
I don't know which is better but I trim wet, let it dry and even up anything I may have missed.

Cereus
February 1st, 2009, 08:40 PM
I cut my hair dry. I've cut friends and family members hair also and I preferred to cut it dry. I felt that I could tell what it looked like better that way.

HairColoredHair
February 1st, 2009, 09:31 PM
I prefer dry, mainly because I do like like anyone other than myself attempting to comb/brush my hair while it's wet. When I cut my roommate's hair I don't care if it's wet or dry, but she likes it messy and short, so I'm not exactly need accuracy. I only cut it when she hands me the scissors and says 'fix it' anyway. :lol:

Delilah
February 1st, 2009, 09:32 PM
I do it while wet. It's easier to get it to lie evenly if I comb it straight while its wet.

jojo
February 1st, 2009, 10:56 PM
I do mine on dry because its wavy and although I can comb a straight wet line, it springs up and I am scared of cutting too much off and making a boo boo. Id say go for wet if your hair is straight, but dry if wavy/curly.

spidermom
February 1st, 2009, 11:15 PM
I've almost always had my hair trimmed while wet.

eyesofsummer
February 1st, 2009, 11:57 PM
I've only had my hair cut while wet, but I'd be interested in trying dry cuts as well. I think it would be a better way of seeing how everything will actually fall! Also, getting hair cut while wet requires dragging a comb through wet hair...which is one of the reasons I only get my hair cut once a year ::shudders::

Jeni
February 2nd, 2009, 01:28 AM
I get my hair cut (my other cuts it) while dry. I guess my reasoning is so that she can see how it lays but my hair is stick straight so I suppose it really wouldn't matter...

Aditi
February 2nd, 2009, 01:40 AM
I prefer my hair to be trimmed while its wet.

Meli
February 2nd, 2009, 05:18 AM
I used to trim my hair wet (in the shower), and then, if necessary, even it up once it dried. Then it occured to me, why not cut it dry in the first place, so I don't have to fix the mistakes I sometimes do when trimming wet hair. So, the last few months I've been trimming dry and combed straight, and I have been able to cut with more accuracy than before - I could never do 1/8" trims on wet hair.

paper
February 2nd, 2009, 06:27 AM
My hair dresser always sprayed my hair with water before trimming.

I just started trimming my own hair and I do it dry.

going gray
February 2nd, 2009, 07:26 AM
My hair stylist cuts it wet & she's wonderful & knows exactly what my goals are, she's a rare find. I've got a lot of uneven layers due to a very short hair style, growing it out was actually painful, looked SO awful.

lilalong
February 2nd, 2009, 07:40 AM
My hair doesn't have any consistent wave, meaning it seems to wave differently every day.
For this reason, I used to trim it wet - if it's straight while wet, it will fall nearly straight dry most of the time..

Last time I tried, I trimmed my hair while loaded full with olive oil - worked better than water and i got a deep oiling as a side effect...

Arfed
February 2nd, 2009, 07:59 AM
The one time I trimmed my own hair, I did it when dry; there's no particular reason why I chose dry over wet hair, I figured it wouldn't make much of a difference :)
Since it's less hassle to just leave it dry, I'll probably do it that way in the future as well.