PDA

View Full Version : I did it.

ColoradoDreamer
February 1st, 2009, 04:08 PM
I had all of my layers cut off! I also started coloring my hair again. I got tired of having three colors of hair, and I didn't relish spending the several hours it would take to use my LUSH henna. I thought about getting my hair cut back in a pixie to get back to virgin hair, but DH wouldn't let me. He was hesitant to have a 50+ year old wife who had longer hair, but once it got to the "long" stage, he didn't want me to get rid of it. :rolleyes:

I did a strand test first to see if the color would wreck my hair, and it did okay, so I went ahead and did my whole head. However, over the course of time of no trims and accumulated chemical processing on the ends, my ends were really frazzled. The only way I could have more or less smooth hair would be to use an anti-frizz treatment with silicone in it. It was driving me crazy.

So I thought about it and thought about it and thought about it some more and decided to go ahead and get a cut. It's just touching my shoulders now and only lightly layered on the ends, as my stylist had to do that in order toremove every last bit of damage. My hair now feels smooth and healthy.

Not exactly like starting over, as I still have hair long enough for up-do's and such, but I did loose around 5-6 inches of length. And it will grow out again.

suicides_eve
February 1st, 2009, 04:10 PM
good for you for trying something new! I am sure your hair will grow out in no time, you siad it was about shoulder length? shoot by christmas it will be very close to your previous lenght

Coriander
February 1st, 2009, 04:11 PM
I know it feels weird to have that much cut off, but you seem genuinely pleased with how soft and lovely your "new" hair feels now :)

That's a really great thing.

kam984420
February 1st, 2009, 04:12 PM
That's awesome! Now you just need to gain length! Happy growing!:cheese:

Forever_Sophie
February 1st, 2009, 04:17 PM
I think that was a great decision! Bet it's gorgeous :) Good luck with the continued growing!

Carolyn
February 1st, 2009, 04:32 PM
You'll still be able to do a cute little ponytail, half ups, and a peacock twist with claw clips. Enjoy those fun things!

Juneii
February 1st, 2009, 04:42 PM
congrats, I don't think I'll ever be able to convince myself of that right now