PDA

View Full Version : New from Kansas

Dorothy
February 1st, 2009, 01:23 PM
My name is Dorothy and I am new to this board. I'm having technological ignorance problems, the last time I participated in a discussion board was when my exhusband and I ran a pre-internet BBS in 1988. Please bear with me, I'll learn. I'm delighted to find a site dedicated to the care of long hair, bun demonstrations, etc. I would like to share soon w/you my collection of hair toys, both purchased and homemade, I favor the ethnic, the asian, and except for bakelite eschew plastic. no offence meant, simply my personal taste. So glad to meet you all.

kam984420
February 1st, 2009, 01:26 PM
My name is Dorothy and I am new to this board. I'm having technological ignorance problems, the last time I participated in a discussion board was when my exhusband and I ran a pre-internet BBS in 1988. Please bear with me, I'll learn. I'm delighted to find a site dedicated to the care of long hair, bun demonstrations, etc. I would like to share soon w/you my collection of hair toys, both purchased and homemade, I favor the ethnic, the asian, and except for bakelite eschew plastic. no offence meant, simply my personal taste. So glad to meet you all.

Welcome to the baord. Im pretty new here also. Where exactly in Kansas are you? Im in Kansas also.

Xi
February 1st, 2009, 05:01 PM
Welcome Dorothy :waving: I'm always so impressed by people who make their own hairtoys. I think there's a hairtoy-makers thread somewhere about the LHC...

levelek
February 2nd, 2009, 10:35 AM
Welcome, Dorothy from Kansas! :)

jivete
February 2nd, 2009, 11:58 AM
Welcome! I'm also in KS, even though I put Kansas City Missouri as my location. It is only 2 miles from my house...

Dorothy
February 3rd, 2009, 06:56 PM
I'm in Lawrence. Where are you?

Dorothy
February 3rd, 2009, 07:02 PM
that would be nice. I'm always looking for new ideas. My latest creation is hairsticks with radio tubes (from old fashioned radios -vacuum tubes) on top. They give a real alien look.

kam984420
February 3rd, 2009, 07:47 PM

Im 2 and a half hours from you straight south. Im in Oswego.

SimplyLonghair
February 5th, 2009, 12:09 AM
that would be nice. I'm always looking for new ideas. My latest creation is hairsticks with radio tubes (from old fashioned radios -vacuum tubes) on top. They give a real alien look.
OMG I hope they are little tubes! Sounds cool though, welcome aboard! I love it Dorothy, from Kansas! LOL

Aditi
February 5th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Hii and welcome to LHC Dorothy. Hope to see your post real soon over here.

jivete
February 5th, 2009, 07:43 AM

I'm in northeast Johnson County, a couple of miles from the Plaza/Westport area.

ncurls
February 5th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Welcome Dorothy! :D Glad that you found LHC.

Kanntara
February 5th, 2009, 10:40 AM

:blueeek: I'd love to see these!!!

bigmama
February 6th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Hi Dorothy! I'm new too. Located in NC now, but lived in Lenexa, KS for 4 years! LOVED IT. Some of the nicest folks in the world. Can't wait to come back for a visit. I would love to see pictures of the "radio tube hair sticks"- they sound interesting.