PDA

View Full Version : Aloe

atlantaz3
January 31st, 2009, 09:20 PM
I had tried aloe a year or so ago and thought it dried out my hair. Tried it on a whim in my last conditioning treatment and got the softest hair, low frizzies - wow. My steps were a little different this time - mix was 2 tbs grape-seed oil (warmed for about 20 seconds in the microwave - a step I wasn't doing before) 2 tbs honey, 1 tbs conditioner and 2 tsp aloe. Left in about 45 minutes, wash and condition normal with a final rinse of distilled water and white vinegar. I did spend an extra minute or so blending the mix. Anyway I'm going to try this next time - here's hoping for the same results!

DragonLady
January 31st, 2009, 09:27 PM
What brand of conditioner did you use? Everytime I've used AVG I've gotten nasty clumps that won't wash out. :(

sibylla
February 1st, 2009, 05:56 AM
I love Jasons Aloe conditioner. Itīs so good for my scalp and the hair gets very shiny!

atlantaz3
February 1st, 2009, 09:07 PM
Clairol Rose Hips conditioner.

Delilah
February 1st, 2009, 09:14 PM
I find straight aloe on hair gives me terrible dry tangles and roughness... but well diluted in a vinegar rinse or conditioner mix gives very nice results.
Oddly, aloe in mixes will often make my hair feel nasty while the hair is wet, but it dries very soft and smooth.