PDA

View Full Version : My Birthday...?

dorothea-brooke
January 31st, 2009, 07:42 PM
Okay, I admit I am a great, big, huge, giant baby when it comes to my birthday. I logged in a while ago hoping to find one or two b'day greetings on my profile page, and was very :( that there were none.... But then I noticed that my b'day isn't listed on the front page, which is of course the only way I know when anyone's b'day is....

Why isn't it there? :wail:

Okay, I will go back to being a (43-year-old!) adult now. ;)

Petulantly, babyishly,
dorothea-brooke

dorothea-brooke
January 31st, 2009, 07:46 PM
Um, never mind, I figured it out. :oops: I had it unchecked on my Preferences page, and I've changed it. Too late for this year. I missed last year, too, cause it was during the crash. :wail:

Can you tell that I was one of those kids who obsessed about bringing the right kind of cupcakes to school on her birthday? :laugh: Maybe it's cause it's my Dad's b'day, too, and I always felt overshadowed by that. :hmm: Hmmm. Is anyone even reading this???

Off to my lovely birthday dinner now. Next year! :)

LisaJaney
January 31st, 2009, 09:04 PM
I'll fix that! I'll go wish you a birthday now! (actually, you could put in tomorrow's date, get the wishes for this year, then next week fix it to give you another birthday in 363 days on your REAL birthday!)

dorothea-brooke
January 31st, 2009, 09:39 PM
Thanks, LJ! I guess my petulant whining must have worked, cause several intrepid folks found their way to my page to wish me a happy birthday! :)

eaglesflight
February 1st, 2009, 09:38 PM
You were my opposite! Having a birthday within one week of Christmas made me decide birthdays were pointless and meaningless. Until this year, when I became totally freaked out about the number 29.

dorothea-brooke
February 2nd, 2009, 07:39 AM
You were my opposite! Having a birthday within one week of Christmas made me decide birthdays were pointless and meaningless. Until this year, when I became totally freaked out about the number 29.

Heh heh! It's true that I've definitely become more mellow about my b'day now that I'm so bloody old ;) (just kidding!), but I still do kind of f*tishize them -- other people's too! I'm way more into DH's than he is.... :)

Ech, the dreaded Christmas-time b'day.... :eek: :flowers: