PDA

View Full Version : Is my hair turning coarse?

Tap Dancer
January 31st, 2009, 03:37 PM
This can be deleted. No one is willing to answer a simple question, but people have time to rate my thread. Whatever.

jojo
January 31st, 2009, 05:56 PM
whats your question? your seeing coarser hair? it isnt on the top near the parting by any chance (long shot!) I am noticing coarser hair there, maybe it just looks coarser as it isnt damaged????

manderly
January 31st, 2009, 06:00 PM
This can be deleted. No one is willing to answer a simple question, but people have time to rate my thread. Whatever.

Hmm, I'm sorry I didn't get to see your OP, but it seems a bit silly to give it 2 hours before you remove it all upset. I never even notice those silly thread rating things....and it seems that 2 people voted. They were probably guests or lurkers who never bother to post anyways.

Don't let the little things get you down.

As for coarse hair, from jojo's guess, I get those crazy, kooky, kinky, coarse hairs sprouting right out the top of my head. They are unlike any other hair on my head. I plucked a bunch of them out and even saved one to try to photograph later to post here but never got to it.

Tap Dancer
January 31st, 2009, 06:16 PM
Sorry; it's been a rough weekend. I didn't mean to spaz out.

tsenglish@ns.sy
January 31st, 2009, 06:24 PM
My hair has gotten coarser as I get older. Especially after having my second baby. Hormones is my best guess.

Curlsgirl
January 31st, 2009, 06:24 PM

It's okay! I don't know the answer to your question but wanted to say that.

kdm310911
January 31st, 2009, 06:54 PM
If you are going gray, that can tend to be much coarser. I've never heard of hair just becoming coarse otherwise, but I guess it could happen -- interesting. However, it could be damage making it feel "coarse"?

Don't worry about the ratings thing by the way -- who cares. We're all here to help eachother out. Those who want to rate your thread poorly aren't worth any second thought.

manderly
January 31st, 2009, 07:00 PM

Awww, it's ok....it happens. :grouphug: I hope you're feeling better :D

goatgal
January 31st, 2009, 07:14 PM
I have one hair that's at the crown of my head. About 3 times thicker than the rest, deep auburn red and kinky (can you say PUBIC?) I pull it out, it grows back. I have no idea what that's all about in an otherwise blond/silver field. As for coarser all over, just a little as the silver wanders in to stay.

purplebubba
January 31st, 2009, 07:22 PM
I saw the original message but couldn't think of a reason.

As for the ratings I agree to ignore them. There could be some lurker who has never posted who gets their kicks by rating stuff. You never know why someone rates something a certain number.

People who rate things low may be rating themselves. It's kinda like the saying when you point a finger more fingers are pointing back at you.

littleredlx
January 31st, 2009, 07:28 PM
I thought it was weird when I found some of those too. They are way thicker, kinky and very dark. I think that they are just random hair that do what they please.

spidermom
January 31st, 2009, 08:09 PM
I agree that it's just one of those things about hair. Some of us get a mix of fine/medium/coarse strands. I've got some wirey white hairs now.

People can rate threads?

DragonLady
January 31st, 2009, 08:16 PM
I have a few funky, really coarse hairs interspersed here and there. Sometimes, I pluck 'em because they tangle everything else all up. I don't notice any bigger numbers of them as I'm getting older, but the same ones always seem to grow the same way. :( I'd probably learn to like 'em better if I had more of them.

_____--side note; I completely removed the "karma" ratings system from my forums because the only people using them were robots, spammers and lurkers. Seems following the link rated the user, and we ended up with a real mess. Those numbers don't mean anything, except that something or someone followed the link. --___________

NiAosSi
January 31st, 2009, 08:42 PM
I've noticed some of my canopy hair are coarser. I don't know if it's always been like that. I've just started really paying attention to my hair about 1 year ago. Maybe it's the same for you. Once we start really paying attention to stuff we find things we didn't know about.

Debra83
January 31st, 2009, 08:53 PM
I bet the coarser hairs ARE gray hairs...they are so determined to come in they'll camouflage themselves! Then one day, when you least expect it...they peal off their paint and stick out their tongue at you!!!! ;)

Oskimosa
January 31st, 2009, 09:39 PM
I bet the coarser hairs ARE gray hairs...they are so determined to come in they'll camouflage themselves! Then one day, when you least expect it...they peal off their paint and stick out their tongue at you!!!! ;)

Thats so cute. I bet it really happens that way!

I also have weird hairs that are EXTRA coarse, since most of my hairs are pretty coarse anyhow. The super hairs refuse to remain uniform with the rest of my hair and stick up and out too. They kindof look like wavy dog hairs. I guess that means everyone who called me a b***h was right...? :p

Magicknthenight
January 31st, 2009, 11:49 PM
ugh stupid computer didn't send what i wrote. anyway i am glad you posted this because just today...or was it yesterday o-0 i found a really coarse thick black hair coming from my scalp. They seem to be really strong and unbreakable. I have no idea why its there but i find those every once in a while. but then again if you looked at the strands of my hair some are smaller and some are fatter strands. some are also lighter. the waves in my hair are a different color from the straight parts. i wish i knew why.

Tap Dancer
February 1st, 2009, 03:34 AM
Okay, well, it's not the white hairs that are coarse/wiry. It's a small section of hair near my scalp and it's about 3-4" long. I clarified and deep conditioned and that didn't help. I don't need protein, so that's not it. I color my roots every month, but I've been doing that for years and the rest of my hair isn't affected. My original question was: Is there anything I can do? I hate how rough that section feels.

rymorg2
February 1st, 2009, 03:40 AM
Hi tapdancer...I'm a stylist....

It's actually very typical to have different textured hair on the same head like that. Not always in a patch, but that's not too unusual either. I have a patch at the back of my head that is always coarser than the rest of my hair and it's not from coloring or anything. It's just my hair. HTH!

Tap Dancer
February 1st, 2009, 03:51 AM
Thanks, rymorg2. It makes me feel better to know it's normal and not something I'm doing. (Especially since I don't "do" anything, other than the coloring.)

I'm sorry again about last night, guys. I usually don't flip out like that and I'm feeling a bit foolish about it now. :o

rymorg2
February 1st, 2009, 03:52 AM
Thanks, rymorg2. It makes me feel better to know it's normal and not something I'm doing. (Especially since I don't "do" anything, other than the coloring.)

I'm sorry again about last night, guys. I usually don't flip out like that and I'm feeling a bit foolish about it now. :o

YW....I don't do anything other than color either. The VERY occasional flat iron but that's it. Oh, and every once in awhile blow drying just a bit if I have to wash on a work day. It's always been like that in that area for me.

:flowers: It's ok....I've had days like that too!!!

Debra83
February 8th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Thats so cute. I bet it really happens that way!

I also have weird hairs that are EXTRA coarse, since most of my hairs are pretty coarse anyhow. The super hairs refuse to remain uniform with the rest of my hair and stick up and out too. They kindof look like wavy dog hairs. I guess that means everyone who called me a b***h was right...? :p

.........:D........

Angellen
February 8th, 2009, 02:49 PM
I have a section in the front that is blondish for about an inch before it turns to my natural brown-black-burgundy. And I find a few pure black, coarse, wiry strands scattered throughout from time to time. Now sure if that helps, but I thought I'd chime in as well...