PDA

View Full Version : Little buns hairdo

Phalaenopsis
January 31st, 2009, 06:56 AM
I think a lot of people know this style. I don't really know. :)
But I really like it since it's so easy.
I've made an article about it, I don't know if that was necessary?

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=104

I hope I didn't write something unnecessary :o That's why I made this topic to check.

Moderators, please delete this topic and or article if I'm being too intrusive with all my hairdo's :o

MemSahib
January 31st, 2009, 06:59 AM
Very pretty, Phalaenopsis! You have enough hair for this to be impressive in a lot of tiny little buns. I've tried another version where I made three tiny buns at the base of my neck, lined up at the bottom there. It looked nice but took a ton of pins and baby clips for my superfine hair.

squiggyflop
January 31st, 2009, 09:39 PM
very pretty! i like it alot!

annie09
January 31st, 2009, 10:11 PM
wow thats relly lovely i think i might try that when my layers eventualy grow out - it looks really professional :-)

Debra83
January 31st, 2009, 10:17 PM
When you say, "I... bunned it", does that mean twisting it until it twists in on itself and then pinning it?

kwaniesiam
February 1st, 2009, 12:42 AM
That looks really neat! I don't have enough hair to ever pull off that style, but the tutorial was interesting.

susiemw
February 1st, 2009, 02:04 AM
That is wonderful, but you need to find another name for this "do"! It looks a little too fun and exotic to simply be called a "bun".

You did a great job and your hair looks wonderful. But, how are you "bunning" it? I guess I need more specific directions.
there are tons of types of buns that I've read about on this board, and I'm not experienced enough to recognize one just by
seeing it. Whatever it is, I like it and will have to try it.

Susan

Phalaenopsis
February 1st, 2009, 02:14 AM
I mean "to cinnamonbun" it. But due to the smallness of the bun, you can rearrange it to 8-buns. You just take some 'loops' of your bun and rearrange it a bit so it is flatter and not like a beebuttbun. You can't do much wrong with this do, I think. :)

Debra83
February 1st, 2009, 02:56 AM
I mean "to cinnamonbun" it. But due to the smallness of the bun, you can rearrange it to 8-buns. You just take some 'loops' of your bun and rearrange it a bit so it is flatter and not like a beebuttbun. You can't do much wrong with this do, I think. :)

Thanks for the narrowing it down for me, now to google cinnamonbun!!!!:confused:

Phalaenopsis
February 1st, 2009, 03:16 AM
Just start twisting your hair and it will start to bun itself ;)

PurpleAshes
February 1st, 2009, 09:15 AM
I didn't know this style, it looks very nice! :)

Ade
February 2nd, 2009, 06:33 AM
What did you use to pin them down? What kind of pins?

Phalaenopsis
February 2nd, 2009, 06:59 AM
Amish pins, but you could just do it with regular hair pins.

Addy
February 2nd, 2009, 05:07 PM
I've been curious about this do. Thanks for posting! I'm going to add it to my hair arsenal skillz! :D

Citrine
February 2nd, 2009, 05:54 PM
That looks amazing! I'll definitely have to give it a try! :D

loves2spin
February 2nd, 2009, 07:40 PM
How pretty! Thanks for showing us how to do this! :)

elbow chic
February 3rd, 2009, 08:04 AM
It does look more complex than described. I'll have to give it a whirl after I wash my hair tonight.