PDA

View Full Version : Quick cassia question:)

Isilme
January 31st, 2009, 03:12 AM
Those of you who cassia for the golden colour. Do you apply the mud on freshly clean hair or on dirty hair?

Jeni
January 31st, 2009, 03:49 AM
When I was doing just cassia I applied it to clean* hair. I wasn't necessarily going for color but it did make my ash blond turn more golden blond. Never tried it on dirty hair so not sure if it would affect it or not.

* washed (CWC) earlier that day (I use cones), no oil but sometimes I did use some coney leave in.

Hope that helped

Nightshade
January 31st, 2009, 04:00 AM
Clean :) Shampooed no conditioner.

lynnala
January 31st, 2009, 11:39 PM
I'm pretty sure I applied it to unwashed, dry hair in the siggy pic below. I mixed the cassia with orange juice and let it sit overnight, then applied and left it on my hair for three hours.

chrissy-b
February 1st, 2009, 02:41 AM
I clarify my hair, do not follow with conditioner, let it (mostly) air dry and then apply cassia. The last treatment I did I used catnip tea instead of chamomile and it made such a difference in ease of application and ease of removal. Plus, my hair was uber soft afterwards.

julya
February 1st, 2009, 03:20 AM
I always put cassia onto dry, dirty hair and it does make my hair more golden.

jojo
February 1st, 2009, 02:10 PM
I apply it to day old hair but I wet it first. I haven't done one in a while but I always liked the results. I do have to condition well afterwards though as it can be drying.

Isilme
February 1st, 2009, 02:16 PM
thanks!:) I did mom's hair today and it was on day old hair that I had sprayed with water. The cassia had been sitting for dye release, I even added a tablespoon of BAQ henna but it doesn't seem like she got any colour:( She is a mix of former bleach, blonde hairdye and natural quite light hair with some sparkles of white, it all blends pretty well she just wanted something more golden with a hint of the red she had natural when she was younger.

Jeni
February 1st, 2009, 04:41 PM
I think some people's hair just doesn't take cassia color as much as others. When I was doing just cassia it was over top years of using blond hair dye (so I had some damage which should suck up color). Cassia did make my ash blond hair more golden but I never got near the amount of color as some other people got from cassia.How long did you leave it on? Maybe try leaving it on longer. I would leave mine on for like 4 hours, don't know if that helped the color or not though.Maybe repeated applications will color her hair more...?As for a hint of red. I started out adding like a tablespoon of henna to about a cup of cassia for a hint of red too, did nothing. I had to add a surprising amount of henna (BAQ) to see any change and even then it made me more honey/amber not red. It was weird I kept adding more and more henna to my mix until suddenly I got a change of color. The difference in the amount between noticeable color and not was really small. Every one's hair is different though.