PDA

View Full Version : Trim dates 2009

Igor
January 29th, 2009, 09:52 PM
I usually go with the Morocco method dates for strength but it seems the website has been down for a while
(No, I don’t actually “believe” that trimming a certain date as opposed to another will really make a difference, but some people obviously do and put a lot of energy and thought into the system, so who knows, maybe they’re right? No matter what, it can’t hurt and it’s a good reminder for me)
So, what are your planned trim or S&D dates for 2009 and why?

Beloved
January 29th, 2009, 10:02 PM
I am planning a 1/2 inch trim at Easter because that's when I'll be back in town with my wonderful stylist who I trust with my hair.

Is April 10 or 11 in 2009 an approved date for cutting?

Phalaenopsis
January 29th, 2009, 11:26 PM
My planned trim is in a week :)
One in February, after the exams and one in September right before the new school year starts.
It feels great after such a tough period (exams). Just getting freshened up again :)

Carolyn
January 30th, 2009, 06:13 AM
I Googled "morrocco method" and went right to the site. The 2009 Lunar Calendar is there.

Loviatar
January 30th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Me too Carolyn.

I trim on the red days for Thickness on Morrocco Method. I'm not doing the Feb trim though, just the June and Nov (I think) ones.

harley mama
January 30th, 2009, 06:41 AM
My last trim was using this method. I need to see when I can dust the ends.

Addy
January 30th, 2009, 06:48 AM
I will be trimming in May 09. Then maybe in Nov 09.

I like to keep them spread out to see progress and usually don't S&D because my ends don't really split. <touching wood>

Igor
January 30th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Okay this is truly bizarre, but the website completely refuses to work for me. I keep getting “Internet explorer cannot display this website”
Then in frustration I hit “translate” and then the text popped up alright?!

:justy:

twilight
January 30th, 2009, 08:06 AM
wow i have never heard of this but it's really interesting... farmer's use lunar cycles for plant growth, so why wouldn't it work for hair?

i'm going to try it!

Periwinkle
January 30th, 2009, 08:10 AM
I was going to trim 1/4" every month (I'm removing layers), which should leave me with 1/4" of growth, but I find it hard to cut so little, so instead I'm going to cut 1/2" every two months. That would leave me with [January], March, May, July, September, November.

However, I'm also planning on getting a side fringe and possibly some face-framing layers cut in as soon as my existing fringey thing (you couldn't really call it a fringe, hehe) grows out a bit more. I'd like to get that done probably at the end of the summer, because my hair grows more in the summer and since I'll be getting it done at a hairdresser's, I'll be able to have them neaten up my hemline after dodgy self-trims and hopefully the extra length will make up for it if they cut off too much. Because of that, I'll probably skip July and September and just have my hair done by a hairdresser at the end of August, then carry on with every two months after that.

suicides_eve
January 30th, 2009, 09:19 AM
just out of shear curiosity, does this method work for those who use it?
i am up for any thing new and involves hair growth- shoot i put anti fungal vaginal cream on my head..lol

dor3girl
January 30th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Will have to more thoroughly investigate the method. Currently, I just trim when I see too many splits or dry ends (probably at least once a month).

LaurelSpring
January 30th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I was doing S&D on new moons but Im into a no trim for now.

Elyce
February 1st, 2009, 09:51 AM
Igor, I was just wondering about the MM trim schedule too. Funny, Google took me straight to the MM Lunar calendar too. But I don't use IE, I use Firefox.

Good point about farmers, Twilight. Like Igor, I'm not sure I believe it makes a difference, but why not? I'm not following any other particular schedule.

Hi Carolyn! Hi Harley Mama! Hi Loviatar! :waving::waving: Great to "see" you! :cloud9::cloud9:

Carolyn
February 1st, 2009, 11:03 AM
i am up for any thing new and involves hair growth- shoot i put anti fungal vaginal cream on my head..lol"Shear" curiosity?!! Good one! Love the pun. I don't know if it works or not. I'm of the why not do it, can't hurt school of thought.

Hi Elyce! :waving:

rhubarbarin
February 1st, 2009, 11:18 AM
Well, I was planning on growing around 6" this year and trimming off three of them. I trimmed 1" January 1st, and was going to trim another in March or April.

But my hair is growing double time so far since starting Monistat.. so now I'm not sure what I will do. If I continue at this speed I will be at 30" (waist pulled straight) in April, which is my goal for now. If that happens I will probably just cut off everything past 30" for.. years. Until I gain a lot more thickness.

suicides_eve
February 1st, 2009, 03:40 PM
"Shear" curiosity?!! Good one! Love the pun. I don't know if it works or not. I'm of the why not do it, can't hurt school of thought.

Hi Elyce! :waving:

lol i was wondering who would catch on to that!!:cookie: cookie for you!!

tina1025
February 1st, 2009, 04:48 PM
I go by almanac calender. I dont really know if its working (Your are supposed to eat healthy food. Obviously its not going to work if someone eats junk food and cuts their hair based on those days) but nothing wrong in trying. Also i trim my hair my self (once every 2 months or so) so i dont have to plan on going to get a hair cut.

http://www.almanac.com/astrology/index.php

Its funny that i opened this thread because i was checking out the dates on that website. I think i am going to trim my hair tomorrow :)

chrissy-b
February 1st, 2009, 04:53 PM
I cut my hair on January 9th this year. That was right before the full moon and when the moon was in Cancer. Cancer is *supposed* to be a fruitful sign and cutting when the moon is growing is purported to be good for growth also.

I was going to cut my hair at the beginning of the year anyway, so I figured why not trim on a day that might speed up growth. Nothing exciting to report yet.

~*BeautyWitch*~
February 1st, 2009, 07:35 PM
Okay this is truly bizarre, but the website completely refuses to work for me. I keep getting “Internet explorer cannot display this website”
Then in frustration I hit “translate” and then the text popped up alright?!

:justy:
First thing I did was save it because I know my computer acts-up sometimes too :o Here you go:
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w319/htsmama/lunarhair.jpg

I'll be trimming Apr.10 for length, Aug 7-root work and Dec. 4-Length. Only becaue those red dates are around the same 3 times of year I usually straighten my hair.

Anje
February 1st, 2009, 07:38 PM
i am up for any thing new and involves hair growth- shoot i put anti fungal vaginal cream on my head..lol

I'm really quite skeptical, but I had a 6 month stall about the time I joined LHC, which ended when I trimmed on a "lengthen" date.

~*BeautyWitch*~
February 1st, 2009, 07:45 PM
I believe in this method because I'm a country (island) girl and I grew up watching my grandpa and all the men in my community plant, harvest and do just about everything by the lunar calendar, call me crazy but my hair seems to get spurts when I actually trim on the recommended dates. It's not hurting my hair any so I'll continue.

Speedbump
February 1st, 2009, 07:55 PM
I was planning on trimming today, but I can't find my scissors. :lol: I am attempting to trim 1/4 inch a month to help even up my hemline and thicken up my ends.

joyellen
February 1st, 2009, 07:55 PM
I trimmed in January and I'm planning on another trim in July. S&D whenever I find the time and patience :)

Noctifer
February 1st, 2009, 11:50 PM
I was planing on getting my hair cut around my birthday and acourding to the chart posted my birthday looks like a good day for length. Just two more months to go.

punky
February 10th, 2009, 10:51 AM
I plan on triming 1/4 inch in May.

Amara
February 10th, 2009, 02:41 PM

HAH! Shear...

I am trimming in September, and not until then. This is length and bangs. I just want to see how far I can get. Then I'll decide what to do (about length and bangs both :D) S&Ds are allowed whenever I want/need.

Oskimosa
February 12th, 2009, 01:31 PM
So... I'm trying to understand this chart. Please excuse me for being stupid.. but.. I'm guessing that if you want the effect in that collumn then you have to cut on the dates in the boxes? Because I don't see a "cutting" collumn, therefore I don't get which dates are ideal for that, just collumns for other things. :confused:

JamieLeigh
February 12th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I'm planning on measuring and trimming at the end of March, and this goes along with trying to be surprised. I made DH put up the tape measure somewhere, so I couldn't be obsessive about it. LOL. :o I don't know why I picked March...and if I find I don't need a trim, then I'll put it off until I do.

twilight
February 20th, 2009, 01:35 PM
well, by a happy accident i got a trim on the "lengthen" dates for february (14th)... so i will report back with my results as soon as i feel like i have something to report!

i was actually bummed about the amount that was trimmed (1.5" or so), so i was very happy to see it fell on a fortuitous date for lengthening! *crosses fingers*

MsBubbles
March 3rd, 2009, 06:07 PM
I'm watching the calendar!! Only two days now before I measure then trim a bit (on a 'lengthen' date). I haven't dared look at my layers to see how much they've caught up with the other ends, so on the 5th March I will indulge, and then forget about it until 9-10-11 of April!

I dunno either if this method works but it sure helps keep my mind off obsessing about the length of my layers.

twilight
March 12th, 2009, 06:40 AM
well, by a happy accident i got a trim on the "lengthen" dates for february (14th)... so i will report back with my results as soon as i feel like i have something to report!

i was actually bummed about the amount that was trimmed (1.5" or so), so i was very happy to see it fell on a fortuitous date for lengthening! *crosses fingers*

OK! i feel weird saying this, but i am stunned by the apparent growth i've had in the last month. i quit measuring numerically (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=20512&highlight=measuring) right after the cut, but i have a big tattoo on my back so i can still mark off pretty discrete length changes...

and it appears my ends have caught up to half of what was cut off. so if it was 1.5" cut i've had about 3/4" growth in the last 25 days.

dang! :cheese:

enfys
April 8th, 2009, 02:53 PM
This is handy. I was planning on trimming before my wedding, but I was going to go for the end of August. May as well wait for those dates in September now!

I am dubious about these things, but the moon controls the tides so it can clearly affect big stuff. Besides, if you can turn into a warewolf according to the moon....