PDA

View Full Version : 4 years and still growing....

zaftig2k
January 29th, 2009, 07:27 PM
I just realized that I've been hanging out with you all here at LHC for 4 years (as of last Monday). Funny how time flies!

Small update:

I'm still using Nioxin shampoo and conditioner on my hair. The major shedding and hair loss has filled in very well, and I'm growing at a good pace these days. I'm still trimming slightly every so often and maintaining at about 40-42" in length. I'm noticing more and more silverish white hair since I stopped coloring 4 years ago - but that's OK, it's kinda pretty and I like it (especially in the sunlight).

I had hubby take the pic below a couple of weeks ago right after I washed and air dried my hair.

I just wanted to take the time to thank you all for the friendship and fun that happens here while we are growing our hair!

http://www.zaftig-2000.com/sandie/LHC/hair123108.jpg

Xandergrammy
January 29th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Wow, Sandie!! Your hair is gorgeous! It actually looks sparkly! :inlove:

JamieLeigh
January 29th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Lovely growth! Whatever routine you have is definitely working, as you have very beautiful hair! :)

And I loveeeeeee the streak! It's awesome!! :D

Fillette
January 29th, 2009, 07:38 PM
I have only been here since last year but I wanted to chime in and say Congratulations on your progress!!! :flower: :D

HairyCarrie
January 29th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Inspiring hair ~ and BTW, I'm loving the music from your blog (blogspot). Good choices...

Carolyn
January 29th, 2009, 08:08 PM
What lovely waves! Congratulations on your LHC anniversary.

Fairlight63
January 29th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Your hair is beautiful! What is your routine? what did you find works the best for your hair?

cindy58
January 29th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Pretty hair! Happy Anniversary!

Cereus
January 29th, 2009, 08:59 PM
I like the color. Very pretty!

Sissy
January 29th, 2009, 09:03 PM
wow your hair has such shine :) way to grow!

lawyermom
January 29th, 2009, 09:47 PM
beautiful and sparkly!

zaftig2k
January 29th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Wow, Sandie!! Your hair is gorgeous! It actually looks sparkly! :inlove:

Awww, thanks XG!

Lovely growth! Whatever routine you have is definitely working, as you have very beautiful hair! :)

And I loveeeeeee the streak! It's awesome!! :D

Thanks, JamieLeigh. I have several of those streaks, most of them are around my face, bangs, etc. They are a silver white. :)

I have only been here since last year but I wanted to chime in and say Congratulations on your progress!!! :flower: :D

Thanks, Fillette. :)

Inspiring hair ~ and BTW, I'm loving the music from your blog (blogspot). Good choices...

Thanks, HC! Glad you like the blog music too. :) I listen to it when I'm working and it keeps me energized.

What lovely waves! Congratulations on your LHC anniversary.

Thanks, Carolyn!

Your hair is beautiful! What is your routine? what did you find works the best for your hair?

Thanks Fairlight. I use the Nioxin system on my hair. I had a horrible shedding period about 4 years ago with my hair getting very thin. (It was related to hormonal/menopausal stuff). And I use the level 4 Nioxin Shampoo and Conditioner. They leave my hair clean, conditioned and very full. They have really helped stop the shedding/thinning - gave me tremendous regrowth. I also take regular hair vitamins too, and that's pretty much it. :)

Pretty hair! Happy Anniversary!

I like the color. Very pretty!

wow your hair has such shine :) way to grow!

beautiful and sparkly!

Thanks everyone!! I appreciate it. LHC is a great place. I've made some very nice friends here, and pretty much got my hair to good place again. Can't ask for better than that!

chloeishere
January 30th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Beautiful hair! I agree-- the color is beautiful, and I LOVE the sparklies!

Aditi
January 30th, 2009, 12:29 AM
Wow!!! you must one of the oldest member(not by age) in LHC, hope someday even i celebrate my anniversary like yours.

Johanna64
January 30th, 2009, 03:38 AM
Wow,your hair is so beautiful!!
I love the color :)

DavidN
January 30th, 2009, 06:23 AM
Thank you for sharing your progress with us, Zaftiq2k, and congratulations on your 4 year LHC anniversary!:cheer: Your hair has the most beautiful waves and colour!

andy
January 30th, 2009, 06:27 AM
beautifull hair..

MemSahib
January 30th, 2009, 06:32 AM
What soft, lovely hair — all silver and gold. Beautiful, Sandie! And congratulations on 4 years of good growth with LHC.

Tap Dancer
January 30th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Your hair looks great! :grin:

NurseMama
January 30th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Your hair is really beautiful! I love the sparkles!

Garnet66
January 30th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Your hair is so pretty. Congrats on your anniversary.

zaftig2k
January 31st, 2009, 05:50 PM
Beautiful hair! I agree-- the color is beautiful, and I LOVE the sparklies!

Thanks, Cloeishere!

Wow!!! you must one of the oldest member(not by age) in LHC, hope someday even i celebrate my anniversary like yours.

Actually, you'd be surprised, but there are quite a lot who have been here at LHC much longer than I have. Hang in there you'll get to the big anniversaries too. :D

Wow,your hair is so beautiful!!
I love the color :)

Thank you, Johanna.

Thank you for sharing your progress with us, Zaftiq2k, and congratulations on your 4 year LHC anniversary!:cheer: Your hair has the most beautiful waves and colour!

Thank you, David! You always have such nice things to say.

beautifull hair..

Awww, thanks, Andy. :)

What soft, lovely hair — all silver and gold. Beautiful, Sandie! And congratulations on 4 years of good growth with LHC.

Thanks, MemSahib! Like most blondes there are a lot different colors mixed in. There is even quite a bit of red down toward the nape of my neck.

Your hair looks great! :grin:

Thanks, Tap Dancer!!

Your hair is really beautiful! I love the sparkles!

Thanks, NurseMama. :)

Your hair is so pretty. Congrats on your anniversary.

Thanks Garnett - good to see you are still here too!

Sandie

SpecialKitty
January 31st, 2009, 11:13 PM
Sandie, I hope my hair looks like yours someday! Your hair looks beautiful - congratulations on your anniversary and on your hair growth.

EvaSimone
January 31st, 2009, 11:16 PM
Beautiful waves and beautiful color, I especially like the white streaks!

This is a nosy question so I apologize :o how tall are you?

40" on me would be mid thigh length but then again I am pretty short, it looks like you are somewhere between hip and tailbone. It's hard to tell in the picture.

feralnature
January 31st, 2009, 11:17 PM
Beautiful and so nice and long, congrats!

Chrissy
February 1st, 2009, 03:40 AM
Your hair is so pretty! You've been quiet lately so it's good to see you post. Thanks for the update.

Chrissy
February 1st, 2009, 03:43 AM

Naw!!! There's a lot of us oldies here!! :)

Chrissy
February 1st, 2009, 03:46 AM
Geesh!! I've been here for 6 years and my hair should be to the floor by now. Nope not gonna go there.

brok3nwings
February 1st, 2009, 07:25 AM
congratulations on your 4th anniversary!! im glad you stoped colouring cause i think your hair has a wonderful colour right now. It seams that the whites blend very well with your natural. Also your waves are really nice. Congratulations again, and keep growing :)

Speedbump
February 1st, 2009, 08:27 AM
Sandie your hair is so pretty! You obviously have taken excellent care of it, and I love your silver-whites. Who needs to color blond when you have natural highlights, right? :D

spidermom
February 1st, 2009, 08:41 AM
Very pretty!

Demetrue
February 1st, 2009, 09:54 AM
So pretty!!! I only stopped coloring 2 weeks ago, ut you have given me great inspiration to go on and let my sparklies grow!

Elyce
February 1st, 2009, 10:04 AM
Sandie!!! Your hair is looking spectacular. Great job! Congrats on your anniversay, mine is approaching as well :) Thanks for sharing the lovely photo. You are awesome! Sending some hugs - x o x o x o

zaftig2k
February 3rd, 2009, 04:14 PM
Sandie, I hope my hair looks like yours someday! Your hair looks beautiful - congratulations on your anniversary and on your hair growth.

Thanks, SK! You just have to stick with it. You'll get there too.

Beautiful waves and beautiful color, I especially like the white streaks!

This is a nosy question so I apologize :o how tall are you?

40" on me would be mid thigh length but then again I am pretty short, it looks like you are somewhere between hip and tailbone. It's hard to tell in the picture.

Eva, it is not just about how tall someone is, but also how large or small they are. I'm a super plus size woman, and length looks different on me than someone who is petite. Here's an example. If a woman who is a size 6 buys a top, it is probably going to be about 24-25" in length. However, the length of a top for me is about 34", and I am a size 32/34. So, body mass is a factor as well as height.

I am 5'7" and my hair is at just below tailbone and measures at 40.5 inches right now.

Beautiful and so nice and long, congrats!

Thanks!!

Your hair is so pretty! You've been quiet lately so it's good to see you post. Thanks for the update.

LOL - I don't think anyone has called me "quiet" ever. :) I've just been busy with my business. Thanks, Chrissy!

congratulations on your 4th anniversary!! im glad you stoped colouring cause i think your hair has a wonderful colour right now. It seams that the whites blend very well with your natural. Also your waves are really nice. Congratulations again, and keep growing :)

I'm glad I stopped coloring too. Mostly because I was sick and tired of having to do my hair color every 6 weeks. Been doing it since I was 14 - and that's a long time! Thanks!!

Sandie your hair is so pretty! You obviously have taken excellent care of it, and I love your silver-whites. Who needs to color blond when you have natural highlights, right? :D

Thanks, Speedy! Looking pretty good there yourself! And yes, natural highlights that look good are wonderful!

Very pretty!

Thanks!! :)

So pretty!!! I only stopped coloring 2 weeks ago, ut you have given me great inspiration to go on and let my sparklies grow!

Good for you, and I hope you stick with it. The roughest part was the first year - I did put in a few highlights several times to help let it grow out without looking to noticeable, but now I am glad I did it.

Sandie!!! Your hair is looking spectacular. Great job! Congrats on your anniversay, mine is approaching as well :) Thanks for sharing the lovely photo. You are awesome!
Sending some hugs - x o x o x o

E!!! Good to see you!! Thanks, sweetie - I thought I remembered you started here just after me. Hugs back to you too!! :)

Coriander
February 3rd, 2009, 04:27 PM
You have such beautiful hair, and it does look really sparkly under the sun! (Have to love the San Diego sun :) )

Congratulations, and happy anniversary! :flowers:

Alley Cat
February 3rd, 2009, 04:52 PM
Very pretty hair, congratulations on 4 years at LHC:cheese:

snowbear
February 4th, 2009, 09:14 PM
I never noticed you were another '05er! For some reason I always thought you were here longer. :crazyq:

Congrats on the growth! Your hair has filled in remarkably, and it's so shiny!

SimplyLonghair
February 4th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Hi Sandie! :waving: Simplylonghair, I'm coming up on my Anniversary too, it is great to see your hair looking so wonderful!:cloud9: I love your color and always have! Congrats and we love :love:you! :cake: :flowers:

sahiba
February 4th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Wow Sandie , your hair is lovely .

jessie58
February 4th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Congratulations, your hair is looking great. :cheer:

LutraLutra
February 5th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Wow, your hair is so pretty, the colours are just lovely. :blossom:

paper
February 5th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Your hair color is so pretty! Soft and healthy looking too!

Happy Anniversary to you! :flowers:

SchnauzerMom
February 5th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Happy anniversary to you! Your hair looks gorgeous, very shiny!

zaftig2k
February 5th, 2009, 02:44 PM
You have such beautiful hair, and it does look really sparkly under the sun! (Have to love the San Diego sun :) )

Congratulations, and happy anniversary!

Thanks, and indeed I do love the San Diego sun! Are you going to be at our San Diego meet-up?

Very pretty hair, congratulations on 4 years at LHC:cheese:

Thanks! (*Yes, 4th anniversary is a dancing cheese.)

I never noticed you were another '05er! For some reason I always thought you were here longer.

Congrats on the growth! Your hair has filled in remarkably, and it's so shiny!

Thanks Snowbear!! I think there were a lot of us that joined in '05.

Hi Sandie! :waving: Simplylonghair, I'm coming up on my Anniversary too, it is great to see your hair looking so wonderful! I love your color and always have! Congrats and we love :love:you! :flowers:

That's so sweet, thank you!

Wow Sandie , your hair is lovely .

Thanks!!

Congratulations, your hair is looking great. :cheer:

Thank you. :)

Wow, your hair is so pretty, the colours are just lovely. :blossom:

Aww, thanks!

Your hair color is so pretty! Soft and healthy looking too!

Happy Anniversary to you! :flowers:

Thank you, Paper. :)

Happy anniversary to you! Your hair looks gorgeous, very shiny!

Thanks, SM!!

nastasska
February 5th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Happy Anniversary :flowers:

MadPirateBippy
February 18th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Your hair looks great! 4 years at LHC... wow, time DOES fly!

Elenna
February 18th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Are we there yet (at long hair)? You are and such pretty hair too.