PDA

View Full Version : 17 months of squiggy's progress..

squiggyflop
January 29th, 2009, 04:20 PM
ive trimmed off almost 8 inches during the last 17 months.. and even though i did so much trimming i still made pretty good progress..

ive finally hit 32 inches after waiting for so long..
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
here is me a week or 2 before joining
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/mecampblurface.jpg
my hair was a little past shoulder but nowhere near apl.. this is what happened to my hair when my pink dye faded out actually i think there may have been some blue in there.. which would explain the dark dingy colored areas.. i couldnt even get all of my hair into a stubby pony tail yet because it was so short

here is me a few weeks after i joined right after my first henna.. my hair hadnt reached apl yet but it was getting there.. im pretty sure this was taken in september 2007.
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/hair.jpg
somewhere between these two pictures i trimmed off 2 inches
here is me in november 2007
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/1105071325crop.jpg
im a tiny bit past bsl in the picture.. wow i was so skinny then... not that im fat now.. just not so scarily thin..

february pics..here is february 2008 second day hair.. everyone likes the color in this one.. i wore the stripey shirt to show how far i had till waist to go..
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/lengthfeb2008.jpg

here is march 2008 (about waist with scraggly damaged ends) the ends were so awful..
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/lengthmarch30th2008small.jpg

here is my trim back to bsl in april 2008
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/trimapril5th2008small.jpg
most of my layers are gone now.. 4 inches trimmed so far since joining.. i wonder how long my hair would be if it hadnt needed the trims... it felt so weird and short

the may picture was cut out because i cant have that many pictures in a post

june pic was cut for the same reason as the may pic
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

here is end of june/early july 2008. you can see how my underside grows faster than my canopy.. please excuse the fly aways i cant seem to get a day without wind to take pictures..
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/th_lengthshotjune25th2008.jpg (http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/lengthshotjune25th2008.jpg)
clickable
from this picture i can see just how far ive got to go until i reach classic.. my hair looks like it will have to be twice the length to reach classic..

===============================================
november 2008..

after horrible professional trim in september.. (i asked for half an inch and she cut off almost 2 inches) whatever atleast my ends were sort of even.. my layers are finally gone.. however my underside grows faster than my canopy so i still have to wait a while before my bleach damage on my canopy grows out..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/novemberprogress.jpg
the orange line by my shoulder shows about where my hair was in september 2007..

the second orange line shows about how long my hair would be if i hadnt had to trim off so much hair.. it was my original goal length..
dont be fooled though its nowhere near tailbone.. ive got a long bottom.. my tailbone is like 3 inches from the second orange line..
ok so here is january of 2009
sorry about not putting my hands at my waist i was trying to be casual and not let everyone in the class see that i was using the mac computers to take a picture of the back of me.. sorry its so dark

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/hairjanuary.jpg
http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/?action=view&current=hairjanuary.jpg
i had to trim off 1 inch after a horrible accident involving foam spray insulation..

ETA its a bit past hip when wet.. but its between waist and hip dry

janeytilllie
January 29th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Your hair is beautiful and in wonderful condition, the growth is amazing. :D
well done :applause

desertrose
January 29th, 2009, 04:25 PM
your hair grows so fast! it looks very beautiful congrats :D

Oskimosa
January 29th, 2009, 04:32 PM
I always love seeing your progress pix, you get such amazing fast growth! The henna is so lovely, too. It does look much healthier now than before :)

jojo
January 29th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Your growth never fails to amaze me, long may it continue for you

Autumnberry
January 29th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Your hair looks so healthy, and the color is lovely. It looks like henna has been a good thing for you. The growth in that period of time is quite amazing. Thanks for sharing your pics!

Carolyn
January 29th, 2009, 04:52 PM
You've made great progress Miss Squiggy!

Garnet66
January 29th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Your hair grows so fast. I'm envious. Your hair looks amazing!

yogachic
January 29th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Your hair is looking beautiful and I love your color!

NurseMama
January 29th, 2009, 05:41 PM
I've loved your hair Squiggy since I first joined. It looks incredible now! The ends are so much thicker now, but is your color still the fiery henna red or does it just look darker because it is inside? It really looks gorgeous though!

JamieLeigh
January 29th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Wonderful growth! Congrats on so much progress! :D

And thanks for sharing! It looks so gorgeous!!

Forever_Sophie
January 29th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Just WOW! How gorgeous!!

squiggyflop
January 29th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Your hair is beautiful and in wonderful condition, the growth is amazing. :D
well done :applause
thanks!! yes it is in better condition now i think..

your hair grows so fast! it looks very beautiful congrats :D
thanks!.. it only grew fast when i first joined.. it grows just a little above average now..

I always love seeing your progress pix, you get such amazing fast growth! The henna is so lovely, too. It does look much healthier now than before :)
thanks! ive cut off much of the bad bleach damage and its gotten much happier for it..

Your growth never fails to amaze me, long may it continue for you
thanks! :Dhopefully it will continue..

Your hair looks so healthy, and the color is lovely. It looks like henna has been a good thing for you. The growth in that period of time is quite amazing. Thanks for sharing your pics!
thanks!! yes henna has saved my hair..

You've made great progress Miss Squiggy!
thanks Miss Carolyn!..

Your hair grows so fast. I'm envious. Your hair looks amazing!
thanks! but its nothing to be envious of..:o

Your hair is looking beautiful and I love your color!
thanks! yes henna is wonderful

I've loved your hair Squiggy since I first joined. It looks incredible now! The ends are so much thicker now, but is your color still the fiery henna red or does it just look darker because it is inside? It really looks gorgeous though!
ahh the wonders of henna.. it looks brownish indoors and flares up red in the sun.. thanks!

Wonderful growth! Congrats on so much progress! :D

And thanks for sharing! It looks so gorgeous!!
thanks!

Just WOW! How gorgeous!!
awww *blush* thank you!:o

Tangles
January 29th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Wow, just wow. 32 inches is my goal too.

I noticed that your hair got a LOT straighter. Interesting.

tina1025
January 29th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Absolutely gorgeous. I cant wait for my hair to grow that long. 32 is my goal length too....

Xandergrammy
Congratulations, squiggy!!! Your hair is gorgeous!!!

manderly
God I hate your updates because I'm simply GREEN with envy at your speedy growth!

Congratulations :D Your hair looks great!

Juneii
January 29th, 2009, 07:09 PM
I'm dying from envy, your hair looks beautiful! I love how it's straight at the top then a bit curly/wavy at the bottom, so princess like! congrats :]

SchnauzerMom
January 29th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Wow your hair is very pretty, grows really fast too!

Sissy
January 29th, 2009, 07:20 PM
wow, your hair is looking fantastic! Way to GROW!! :cheese:

SpecialKitty
January 29th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Your hair is totally thud-worthy! :thud:

Congratulations Squiggy on your incredible journey. Your hair grows so FAST!! I agree with others that the color is most beautiful. :flowers:

JessTheMess
January 29th, 2009, 07:25 PM
I think I would give my right pinky to have hair growth as fast as yours! It is looking so beautiful squiggy!! I love your color too! As for cutting the damage... I'm with you on that..I have a good 10" that I would have to chop off to get rid of chemical/heat/bleach damaged hair. While the thought crosses my mind often, it would be a huge set back for my hair growing so I hendigo, grow, and do dustings.
Congratulations!!!!! I love your updates!:cheese:

squiggyflop
January 29th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Wow your hair is very pretty, grows really fast too!
thanks!

I'm dying from envy, your hair looks beautiful! I love how it's straight at the top then a bit curly/wavy at the bottom, so princess like! congrats :]
thanks!
well thats easily explainable.. the top is pulled straighter by the heavy length as it dries.. the ends dont have extra weight on them so they dry wavy/curly

God I hate your updates because I'm simply GREEN with envy at your speedy growth!

Congratulations :D Your hair looks great!
no need to be green.. im always envious of your thickness..

Congratulations, squiggy!!! Your hair is gorgeous!!!
aww thankyou! :flowers:

Absolutely gorgeous. I cant wait for my hair to grow that long. 32 is my goal length too....
thanks!

hmm 32 just doesnt feel long to me.. but perhaps i just feel that way because i watched it grow.. a watched pot never boils and a watched head of hair never feels long?.. ill probably be saying that at classic..

Wow, just wow. 32 inches is my goal too.

I noticed that your hair got a LOT straighter. Interesting.
well some days it dries straighter than others.. plus the weight of the hair is starting to pull it straight at the top.. some days it dries nearly curly.. but its always rather straight at the top no matter how curly the ends are..

squiggyflop
January 29th, 2009, 07:34 PM
I think I would give my right pinky to have hair growth as fast as yours! It is looking so beautiful squiggy!! I love your color too! As for cutting the damage... I'm with you on that..I have a good 10" that I would have to chop off to get rid of chemical/heat/bleach damaged hair. While the thought crosses my mind often, it would be a huge set back for my hair growing so I hendigo, grow, and do dustings.
Congratulations!!!!! I love your updates!:cheese:
thanks!
you posted while i was posting.. yeah i still have some bleach damage because my canopy grows slowly..

i would be close to tailbone if i hadnt chopped so much damage.. so yeah it is a setback but for me it was worth it because it was extremely damaged and the damage was going up the length and ruining my henna-only hair..

Your hair is totally thud-worthy!

Congratulations Squiggy on your incredible journey. Your hair grows so FAST!! I agree with others that the color is most beautiful.

thanks! it has been a long but rewarding journey.. its weird it never seems fast to me..

JessTheMess
January 29th, 2009, 07:37 PM
thanks!
you posted while i was posting.. yeah i still have some bleach damage because my canopy grows slowly..

i would be close to tailbone if i hadnt chopped so much damage.. so yeah it is a setback but for me it was worth it because it was extremely damaged and the damage was going up the length and ruining my henna-only hair..

Yes!! I find my length somehow eats my new growth sometimes :( My splits have splits that have splits lol... even after a serious s&d mission:mrt:

squiggyflop
January 30th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Yes!! I find my length somehow eats my new growth sometimes :( My splits have splits that have splits lol... even after a serious s&d mission:mrt:
mine gets sooo many splits that s&d is pretty worthless.. so i end up trimming.. my stupid canopy grows so slow that it still has bleach damage even though the underside is bleachfree.. the split ends tangle with the healthy hair and it ends up getting the healthy hair damaged.. i tried alot of things to get rid of the splits but nothing worked

conefree made me break off tons of hair trying to detangle it..
trimming only helps the nonbleached hair
ive even tried special split ends shampoos and conditioners..

mellie
January 30th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Squiggy that is beautiful!!! Heck yeah!!! :-)

DavidN
January 30th, 2009, 08:06 AM
What wonderful progress, Squiggy, and your hair is so thick and healthy and filled with shine. The colour is beautiful as well!

scalawaggirl
January 30th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Great progress and your hair looks amazingly thick and healthy! Great henna color, too. :)

lapushka
January 30th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Amazing progress, Squiggy!!! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on reaching 32 inches!

DarkChocolate
January 30th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Your have gorgeous hair:) I love the red color and it is so thick:)

suicides_eve
January 30th, 2009, 12:03 PM
squiggy did you know your picture is on yahoo images?? i was looking up" apl hair" and you ur picture is in the top few????

Pixna
January 30th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Squigs, I am so impressed with your hair and how fast it grew. It looks absolutely awesome!!! Congratulations!!! :joy:

squiggyflop
January 30th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Squiggy that is beautiful!!! Heck yeah!!! :-)
thanks!

What wonderful progress, Squiggy, and your hair is so thick and healthy and filled with shine. The colour is beautiful as well!
thanks! you never let me down do you.. ive been waiting.. you always post in my progress treads.. thankyou!:D

Great progress and your hair looks amazingly thick and healthy! Great henna color, too. :)
thanks!:cheese: yes henna is nice..

Amazing progress, Squiggy!!! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on reaching 32 inches!thanks! yeah 32 inches is a nice length.. but 42 would be nicer.. :D

Your have gorgeous hair I love the red color and it is so thick
thanks its not actually thick the ponytail is only about 3.5 inches.. the BBB that i use before taking pictures is what makes it look thick..

squiggy did you know your picture is on yahoo images?? i was looking up" apl hair" and you ur picture is in the top few????
thankyou for telling me i fixed the problem by using photobucket to blur my face and replace the original image

Squigs, I am so impressed with your hair and how fast it grew. It looks absolutely awesome!!! Congratulations!!! :joy:
thanks!
hey everyone here is the second picture from yesterday.. my head was tilted down to pretend i was looking at the scanner in front of me (not supposed to be taking pictures of the back of my head in the middle of class) so it looks shorter because of the head tilt..
here you go
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/Photo13.jpg
anyone notice how the top of my hair is lighter? yes thats because i changed my henna routine because i wanted a lighter red.(i now include vo5 conditioner in my mix.. but not enough for it to be a gloss). its still red up there just not so dark as the red at the bottom..

Johanna64
January 30th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Wow,your hair is gorgeous!!
The length,the color,the thickness :wannabe:

Coriander
January 30th, 2009, 02:33 PM
You have lovely hair and it does grow extremely fast!!! Very nice :) I can't wait to see your new progress!

(I have a long butt too... tailbone, here we come :))

jeno
January 30th, 2009, 02:58 PM
WOW!
I like it.

xrosiex
January 30th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Your hair is beautiful. And I envy your growth. Thanks for sharing your progress:)

Peter
January 30th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Awesome hair! The color is breathtaking and it grows so fast!

tiny_teesha
January 30th, 2009, 06:11 PM
HOLY COW squiggy, i had NO IDEA your hair had gotten so long and it looks soooo sleek and much much healthier then the first photos! WOW!
You have made much much progress!!! And I love your creativity, i'm so envious of your skill!!!
Well done Squiggy!!! :):):):)

squiggyflop
January 30th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Wow,your hair is gorgeous!!
The length,the color,the thickness
thanks! :D

You have lovely hair and it does grow extremely fast!!! Very nice I can't wait to see your new progress!

(I have a long butt too... tailbone, here we come )
thanks!
well its not all that fast.. i do have a short torso.. yeah the long but thing is annoying.. its going to take me forever to get to classic at this rate.. i hope that i can get there in 2 years.. it probably wont happen but i can hope..

WOW!
I like it.
thanks!

Your hair is beautiful. And I envy your growth. Thanks for sharing your progress
thanks i envy the shiny waves in your siggy.. :thud:

Awesome hair! The color is breathtaking and it grows so fast!
thankyou!

HOLY COW squiggy, i had NO IDEA your hair had gotten so long and it looks soooo sleek and much much healthier then the first photos! WOW!
You have made much much progress!!! And I love your creativity, i'm so envious of your skill!!!
Well done Squiggy!!!
wow so many complements from you today.. be careful or you will inflate my head to the size of a blimp.. thankyou for all your sweet complements :flowers::flowers::flowers:
squiggy's confidence goes up *11 points*

psvzum
January 30th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Your hair is just gorgous. The color, texture and health are amazing!!!

squiggyflop
January 31st, 2009, 07:47 AM
Your hair is just gorgous. The color, texture and health are amazing!!!
thanks! :cheese:

RavennaNight
January 31st, 2009, 07:51 AM
Wow great progress! I was always astounded by how fast your hair grows. Love the color, too!

squiggyflop
January 31st, 2009, 04:51 PM
Wow great progress! I was always astounded by how fast your hair grows. Love the color, too!
thanks!:cheese: