PDA

View Full Version : What shampoo gives you dandruff?

Leisa
March 28th, 2008, 02:34 PM
I recently tried VO5 normal and passionfruit and milk and they both give me dandruff.:(

What shampoo gives you dandruff?

artgeek
March 29th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Every shampoo with SLS gives me dandruff!

Going CO saved me, but I occasionally use an SLS free shampoo which seems to be fine.

Shorty89
March 29th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Loriel kids XD which is supposed to be friendly to kids and not give dandruff or tears... I got both. Go figure!

CopperHead
March 29th, 2008, 02:16 PM
When the flakies start to be a problem for me, I do an ACV rinse after the shampoo and before the conditioner. This works very well. :)

Iylivarae
March 29th, 2008, 03:17 PM
My dandruff problems started with a anti-dandruff shampoo that was produced by a small company, where mostly handicapped people work... so I tried it out and had problems ever since.

I also have problems with dandruff if I use my medical shampoo that should fight dandruff. I noticed, that if I don't use that shampoo, I get "greasy" dandruff, if I use it, its "dry" dandruff... so the shampoo is just too aggressive for my skin... I even get flakes on my forehead if I use it.

Dacia
March 29th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Dove (greasy dandruff after just 1-2 washes, but I don't know about the new formulas, last time I bought a bottle of this stuff was about three years ago) and Pantene (dry dandruff if used more than 4-5 times in a row).

Nynaeve
March 29th, 2008, 05:59 PM
This is interesting.
I haven't used poo in a while, so I'm not sure which ones give me dandruff, but I know that Herbal Essences used to make my hair go WONKY. Tangled, breaking, oily, still don't know why. That was like 7 or 8 years ago, though, so I'm sure they've changed stuff since then.
I'll have to think more about this.