PDA

View Full Version : how many times should I apply henna?

saak86
January 29th, 2009, 08:13 AM
how many times should I apply henna to get burgundy color?:confused:
I 'd love to have this color in my hair:D

Heidi_234
January 29th, 2009, 08:32 AM
You'd have to strand test to find out the answer. :)

saak86
January 29th, 2009, 08:42 AM
I dont want to cut from my hair ! help plz

Aisha25
January 29th, 2009, 08:46 AM
I dont know how many times but what was good for me was leaving the henna on for 6 to 9 hours this gave me very deep color. I apply my henna whever I feel like maybe once a week or once a month depends on how much I have so you can do as you like:)

NurseMama
January 29th, 2009, 08:55 AM
I dont want to cut from my hair ! help plz

You can just collect your shed hairs into a hairball from your comb/ brush. That is what a lot of people do in order to do a strand test.

saak86
January 29th, 2009, 08:57 AM
You can just collect your shed hairs into a hairball from your comb/ brush. That is what a lot of people do in order to do a strand test.

;)thanks its a good idea

Girltron
January 29th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I don't even think you need to bother with the strand test. If you know you want burgundy, you can just keep reapplying the henna until the color gets where you want it. For me, about three full-head applications of 2006 Yemeni henna began to suddenly look burgundy.

It doesn't hurt to henna repeatedly. It's good for your hair, and every application will get you closer to burgundy.

Aisha25
January 29th, 2009, 09:04 AM
I don't even think you need to bother with the strand test. If you know you want burgundy, you can just keep reapplying the henna until the color gets where you want it. For me, about three full-head applications of 2006 Yemeni henna began to suddenly look burgundy.

It doesn't hurt to henna repeatedly. It's good for your hair, and every application will get you closer to burgundy.
That is very true;)

Anje
January 29th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Of course, you need to consider your starting color, too. Lighter hair will take more applications to get to burgundy than darker hair, and black hair won't lighten to burgundy with henna, though it might gain a burgundy sheen and reflect that color in the sun.

I agree, though, that if you want a burgundy shade, rather than just something light and coppery, you can just start hennaing every few days until you hit the tone you want. I'd suggest waiting at least 3 days between hennas, though, so that you can see the final oxidized color before you repeat the process. Don't get freaked out when it looks a bit orange when you first rinse the henna out of your hair. Do a strand test for the first henna so you know what to expect, and remember that it will take about 3 days to achieve its final color.

Ranee
January 29th, 2009, 11:18 AM
My hair started to get burgundy after about 5 applications.

saak86
January 29th, 2009, 03:30 PM
:poot:so cool if its only 3 times
well I'll try applying once every week and I'll see the resuts :) thanks all