PDA

View Full Version : Combining 2 different types of Henna?

tooqute2nv
January 28th, 2009, 11:23 PM
I'm thinking about combining a bag of Mumtaz Henna, and a bag of Hesh Heenera (Herbal) Henna, and maybe mixed with some amla ( or possibly mixing it in with the indigo as as second step later). I don't want a fiery red, but a more brown-ish colour.
Has anyone ever tried mixing herbal henna with BAQ henna? :cheese:

akurah
January 28th, 2009, 11:37 PM
If at least one henna is BAQ, it won't react to the other henna and will mix fine.

A'eorryn
January 28th, 2009, 11:41 PM
'herbal' henna being the kind you can get in multiple colors? I only use BAQ henna because I LOVE the intense red, but I still might be wary of combining a 'henna' that wasn't pure henna with anything, just because you can't always be sure what's in it - back in the day when people thought henna was 'bad' it was really the chemical salts that made up most of the substance that was misleadingly labeled henna and not true henna. I know today you can get more reliable henna 'colors', but still, when you consider that both cassia and indigo are sold as 'henna' ('neutral' and 'black', respectively) though neither is in any way conected to the henna plant but are actually their own separate plant species, well... I'd be careful is all. I would definitely go with the addition of amla and indigo, even amla alone with the henna might tone the red down enough to the brown you want. otherwise I'd use a BAQ henna with a low-dye content if your hair is already brown and don't leave it on for more than an hour or so, or do a henna gloss instead. :)

~A'eorryn
Happy and Free is All we Need to Be!

Aisha25
January 29th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I dont know if you want to add more amla doesnt the herbal henna have amla in the mix? Its ok to add them both together. Ive done it before when I didnt have enough. But I used the rajasthani herbal henna and nothing happened. Its all henna;)

tooqute2nv
January 29th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Thank you so much, ladies!! :cheese:

I was thinking since I want more of a cool tone, adding a little more amla would help...? :)

Aisha25
January 29th, 2009, 10:46 AM
It wont hurt to add more try some on some shed hairs you will see if it does or not.