PDA

View Full Version : Is my hair damaged?

kdm310911
January 28th, 2009, 06:44 PM
For some reason, I feel like my hair could be healthier. However, I don't dye or heat style it (often). I don't do anything to make it not healthy. I deep condition often. Maybe I just have fragile hair but it just doesn't seem as healthy or shiny as it should. Or am I crazy? here are some pics. Do I need a trim or something? I S&D/self trim often enough but maybe I need a professional trim or something.

http://i42.tinypic.com/1zc0c3b.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/2cmx2ix.jpg

Not exactly the best pics but I think they show off my hair well enough. I'm always thinking things like "maybe my hair just doesn't look good long" or something. LOL. :confused:

eaglefeather71
January 28th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Your hair looks very healthy and well cared for. I really started to see shine and bounce in my hair when I started using soapnuts. I don't know if that is something you would be interested in trying, but they really do add a ton of shine. Check out the link in my siggy to see the difference.

suicides_eve
January 28th, 2009, 06:55 PM
I dosn't look damages from the pics, maybe your getting a moisture over load? try a protien based contioner and see what happens, some time it happens to me.

Hairtada
January 28th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Your hair looks very nice, like it is in good condition.

Addy
January 28th, 2009, 07:05 PM
I think your hair looks good! :)

spidermom
January 28th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Your hair is growing along just fine. I think it looks good.

RavennaNight
January 28th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Your hair is in fine shape. Keep growing, get past the inbetween length,and you'll see! ;)

Moiraine
January 28th, 2009, 10:53 PM
I think you have very pretty hair and it doesn't look damaged at all to me....and you have a plus in that your hair is straight (shinier than people with curls like me) and that it is your natural colour ( in other words less chemicals on your hair to worry about). Some people here find it best not to trim but for myself a dusting here and there doesn't hurt. The other day I got my daughter to take off a couple of inches because I had ignored my hair the past few months and I wanted to "refresh my ends"lol

What you are doing seems well enough to me, and again your hair doesn't look damaged:grouphug:

kdm310911
January 29th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Thanks for all the positive comments. :)

jojo
January 29th, 2009, 04:08 AM
Your hair looks healthy enough to me, don't fret you are getting there.

Anje
January 29th, 2009, 09:51 AM
It doesn't look damaged to me, but the texture looks fine, which means it can definitely be more fragile. Just continue to be nice to it, protect it, and moisturize it as needed.

leilamarie79
January 29th, 2009, 12:24 PM
I think your hair looks really good. I wouldn't mind if my hair looked like that.

Allegra
January 29th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I also thought my hair was damaged, despite my doing everything 'right'. Turns out my hair hates protein, and all the deep treatments etc. that I were doing were loaded with protein and making my hair worse.
Luckily as soon as i went cold turkey on protein my hair returned to normal and i realised that it wasn't damaged at all.

Check your products for proteins (if it starts with hydrolyzed... it-s a protein). HTH :-)

JamieLeigh
January 29th, 2009, 06:16 PM
It looks great to me! I've never had hair that short, since I was probably about 2 years old, lol, but I've heard it said that there is an awkward stage between chin and shoulders, where it feels like your hair just can't do anything right regardless of what you try. And a lot of people end up getting discouraged, and cutting it off!

I hope you stay the course and keep growing. It looks healthy to me, and very nice! :D

kdm310911
January 29th, 2009, 06:45 PM
It looks great to me! I've never had hair that short, since I was probably about 2 years old, lol, but I've heard it said that there is an awkward stage between chin and shoulders, where it feels like your hair just can't do anything right regardless of what you try. And a lot of people end up getting discouraged, and cutting it off!

I hope you stay the course and keep growing. It looks healthy to me, and very nice! :D

Thank you very much! yeah, the length is irritating. It's too layered and short. I'm trying to get it closer to blunt, shoulder length. I was closer last spring, but for some reason hacked it off, caving into pressure about being a "longhaired male". Not that I think shoulder length is even especially long. People are so jaded.

Sissy
January 29th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I think your hair looks great... much less damaged than mine anyhow!

Linda K
January 30th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Is it feeling 'off' or something? Does it seem to snarl easy - especially near the ends? Then the big quesiton: What kind of water do you have? Well Water, hard, soft etc. What kind of 'poo???

I have softened well-water (40 grains otherwise). We have lots of Manganese (very fine black stuff) and rust in our water. Even with a filter at point of entry and an Aquasauna shower filter, I still have build-up that I go in to have professionally removed. Clarifyers only do so much. A Malibu treatment. This past week she used a Redkin "chemistry kit". It's suppose to be gentler and put something back into the hair after removing minerals. It makes a huge difference. Feels like I had a haircut while she's combing thru and getting ready to do it.:D

I was also told VO5 & Suave have Xantha... (wax) stuff that builds up and leaves hair gummy and coated. I had just started doing the CO wash 10 days earlier. :twocents: Hope something in this novel is of help or inspiration ... :)