PDA

View Full Version : Strange effect from henna.

EvilPigeon
March 28th, 2008, 11:34 AM
I have noticed after having hennaed hair for a week now that my hair is at it's softest when I haven't washed for a day. When I first wash it, my hair is somewhat dry(but still shiny!) and as the day goes on,it gets softer. Has anyone else experienced this?

lora410
March 28th, 2008, 11:36 AM
From what I have read this is a pretty normal thing. I think alot of people brush with a BBB to get rid or henna residue.

Islandgrrl
March 28th, 2008, 03:57 PM
I have not experienced this, but I condition it to within an inch of its life after I henna and then usually use a combo of coconut/jojoba oil, liberally applied, while my hair is still very damp. I C/O again the next morning. Truly this gives me amazing results.

Delilah
March 28th, 2008, 04:20 PM
I've experienced this. My theory is that since the henna coats your hair, you hair has more oil soaking up capacity. Scientific I know.
So henna'd hair, mositurised with a day's worth of lovely head oil, is soft and lovely at the point where pre-henna it may have been rough or oily.

Gothic Lolita
March 29th, 2008, 06:41 AM
My hair is like this too after henna glossing. And the best thing about it is that my scalp calmes down and I don't have to wash daily, but it still looks good after a non-washing day. Unfortunately this effect doesn't last!