PDA

View Full Version : Use it up !! (Have you emptied any bottles or jars lately? )

Delila
March 28th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Yesterday I did a deep treatment with my old standby conditioners for deep treatment, and wound up using up four containers pretty much all at once. Wow. Definitely a record for me.

I used up some Joico K-Pak Reconstruct, some Paul Mitchell Super Charged Moisturiser, some Roux Porosity Control and some VO-5 Hot Oil Showerworks.

This morning, continuing the trend, I used up an ancient jar of Astara's Activated Sea Minerals mask.

Anyone else created some empties lately?

Poolsoflaughter
March 28th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Well, I need to create some "empties" :D Instead of emptying most bottles, I'll use 2/3 of them, and then stow them away in the bathroom closet! (I probably have 20 or some odd bottles hiding in there) Thanks for bringing this up, as I should use some of those during SMT's. :)

suicides_eve
March 28th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Well, I need to create some "empties" :D Instead of emptying most bottles, I'll use 2/3 of them, and then stow them away in the bathroom closet! (I probably have 20 or some odd bottles hiding in there) Thanks for bringing this up, as I should use some of those during SMT's. :)

:bigeyes: i am scared to look in my closet, i do the same thing, i always go back to my favorite condish though.. i should break out the couldren:stirpot: and make a jumbo batch of the mixture and put it in little fancy bottles and give them away as gifts:shrug:.

Lixie
March 28th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Nope, I'm a hair/bathroom product minimalist. My parents, on the other hand, drive me crazy with the amount of bottles and such they keep in the bathroom. And yes, I know it's completely irrational. :lol:

Curlsgirl
March 28th, 2008, 11:30 AM
I did use up a bottle of Giovanni 50/50 conditioner the other day and am about to use up the rest of my huge bottle of Paul Mitchell shampoo. I have lots of bottles 2/3 to almost full of different things. Maybe I'll use that idea of stirring them all together, putting them in pretty bottles and giving them for gifts! :D

eadwine
March 28th, 2008, 11:46 AM
I only have a few products in my cabinet, and those actually get used. Sure I emptied some things recently, but those were of those products ;)

cosmogonic
March 28th, 2008, 01:17 PM
I don't tend to have any almost empty conditioner bottles lying around because I use up anything I don't like for henna glosses. BPAL on the other hand... I just can't seem to throw away empty imps, because they still smell sooooo good! I have begun syringing the almond oil I use on my fingernails into them because then my hands end up smelling really good.

spidermom
March 28th, 2008, 01:50 PM
I almost always use up what I have before I buy something else.

AJoifulNoise
March 28th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I tend to give away what I don't use at all. Other things I keep as "back-ups" incase I can't get to the store when I run out of the stuff I love. And, I have about 6 different conditioners going at once. I don't use the same one twice in a row.

hrimfaxi
March 28th, 2008, 04:11 PM
The only bottles I ever seem to empty are conditioner bottles... I go through conditioner like whoa. I also go through CV soap and shampoo bars, but you don't get the satisfaction of having an empty container at the end (which is really alright; yay for less packaging). Conditioners that I try and don't like I usually try [unsuccessfully] to give away, and inevitably end up using them as carriers in deep treatment type things.

mitabird
March 28th, 2008, 04:18 PM
I've recently used up a bottle of Burt Bee's Sugar Beet and Grapefruit conditioner, but that's it.

sapphire-o
March 28th, 2008, 04:49 PM
I ditched all my bottled stuff to DH. I use just shampoo bars and soap bars now. So I'm free. It's all his problems now. :D Now if you talk about all those oils and butters I have, I don't know. I don't want to get too greasy.

chamogirl
March 28th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Even though my hair is short now I do manage to empty and buy just as much stuff as before . Go figure-maybe because I bleach it out now and it gets dry.

RedCardigan
March 28th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Totally emptied a bottle of Nizoral a couple of weeks ago. Alllllmost done with a bottle of California Baby super-sensitive shampoo and a bottle of Suave Strawberry Condish.

Carolyn
March 28th, 2008, 05:44 PM
This past week I finished off a bottle of TJ's Refresh body wash and a bottle of WR Ocean Mist conditioner. I should finish off a bottle of VO5 Pommegranite conditioner in the next week. If I have several conditioners that are just about gone, I'll empty them into a Regis OO conditioner pump bottle and mix them all together. Then I can get rid of more bottles. I could empty 50 bottles and not make a dent in my stash :D

funnybunny668
March 28th, 2008, 05:57 PM
I keep most of my stuff in rotation, so it seems like it takes *forever* to finish anything up!

Nynaeve
March 28th, 2008, 08:33 PM

me too. me too. I have like 8 bottles sitting in the shower, with at least 8 more in a cabinet, most are partway used.
I find that my hair is happier if I rotate condish or poo or w/e it is that i'm using. Last I finished up was a bottle of KissMyFace poo, before I started CO, which was a good while back.

Oh yeah, I just found my Rosemary hair oil, so now I have something to go use up.
:P

Raederle
March 28th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Do skin care products count? I'm such a cheap one, I cut into the tubes when they're supposedly empty, and them get about a month's more use. So, I count one each daytime and nighttime moisturizer, a bottle of conditioner, though I can't remember which, and I consolidated 2 sample sizes of SunCat's MMU into full size.

Buddaphlyy
March 28th, 2008, 09:25 PM
I just finished up a bottle of Herbal Essences Break's Over leave-in and I'm one co wash away from finishing up some White Rain conditioner. I go through conditioner and leave-in moisturizers like crazy. It takes a while to get through shampoo and oils though.

itslex71
March 28th, 2008, 09:32 PM
I just used up some Avalon Organics Awapuhi Moisturing Shampoo and Conditioner and, oddly enough, on the same day! That never happens.

DecafJane
March 28th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Even though my hair is short now I do manage to empty and buy just as much stuff as before . Go figure-maybe because I bleach it out now and it gets dry.

It is funny that you say that - most of the products sitting in my bathroom cupboard taking up space are from the time when my hair was ultra-short! You NEED product (well, I do with my thick, curly hair) to make it look good and to moisturise as well as put in before you straighten - I used three products AFTER shampoo and conditioning!

Now, even though I mainly condition and occasionally CWC, and use coconut oil, SMT and a leave-in conditioner (depending on my mood and the need), it takes up less space in the cupboard and costs less.

I tend to throw away things if they have been sitting in my cupboard for more than 6 months. If I really wanted it, I would have used it already. :)
I also put things in the guest bathroom for guests to use, which works for everybody, because guests have nice, smelly stuff to use if they want, and I get to move things out of my main space. :D

carloota
March 28th, 2008, 10:08 PM
It's very rare for me to actually "finish" a jar/bottle. When I'm just about to run out of product, I quick buy something to replace it. I think it's psychological, cuz I don't ever want to live without hair products.

Masara
March 29th, 2008, 02:07 AM
I recently had a good clean out of my bathroom cupboard. I tend to have a favourite conditioner for a while, then get a new fave without finishing up the old one which I then keep in the cupboard in order to rotate (which I forget to do) So a couple of months ago I decided to always add at least one of "reserve" conditioners to each deep treatment I do.
I also found a stock of coney conditioners and sulfate shampoos which have migrated to Dh's bathroom.

Velvettt
March 29th, 2008, 02:16 AM
Someone had posted about having 20 bottles of conditioner in her bathroom and I was inspired to go and count mine: 15. Eeeek! So I hauled them all out and began combining. I now have 9. Yay me! I got rid of 6 bottles! Recycle bin, of course.:D

Chamomile betty
March 29th, 2008, 06:56 AM
I have emptied my V05 Passion Fruit Smoothy and Vanilla Mint Tea conditioners :D I actually tend to go through my conditioners pretty fast though but I'll also grab them when I need to shave something lol.

It's been kind of easy for me because I just have not bought too many new products.

Last week I decided to try White Rain Lavender & Vanilla Conditioner and WR Citrus Condtioner. We'll see how long those last.