PDA

View Full Version : boingy baby hairs

jojo
January 26th, 2009, 08:00 PM
I have a ton of these, they are so spirally. If I stretch them they come to just below my ears, yet because they are so springy they stick up on the top of my head.

I have always had baby hairs but never this long or spirally and to be frank they are driving me mad. In the past I have used AVG with good affect but the hairs are just too long to control.

Any ideas on how to control them, they are not frizz just boingers! also does this mean my texture is changing?

I have been on mega tek for a few weeks, maybe this has encouraged this??

Any tips or advice greatfully received.

Thanks xx

spidermom
January 26th, 2009, 08:03 PM
I use Natures Gate Styling Putty. A little goes a long way; too much is gluey. But it slicks my baby sproingers and frizz down like nothing else.

jojo
January 27th, 2009, 04:42 AM
Is that an American brand?

Tap Dancer
January 27th, 2009, 06:33 AM
I have so many baby hairs on the sides that if I pull them down, they look like thin bangs. They're straight like the rest of my hair and are only eyebrow length...maybe a little shorter. As far as trying to "control" them: I don't. I just leave them alone.

loves2spin
January 27th, 2009, 06:37 AM
You really have my sympathy here. I think that as your hair grows, those silly boingers will join their cousins more reliably. In the meantime, some sort of small application of pomade might help. Also, you might just try gathering them and a few neighbors up, twist them up and or back on both side and use a little spring clippie thing to hold them in place. One of my daughters used to have that. We called it "The terrible curse of the side fuzzies." Don't despair. You'll find a way to cope and your hair, as it lengthens, will act differently. I promise. :)

suicides_eve
January 27th, 2009, 06:53 AM
lol i rember having these an cutting them off they never seemed to grow and longer then like 2 inches.. for some reason after doing the MN the started to grow and are now long enough to pull back. i would use a aloe gel or a like mention before a styling putty, i used a styling wax(i think it was wax??) but it worked at keeping them little buggers slicked back an not poking out everywhere

mellie
January 27th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Sometimes I get these (especially with silver hairs), and shea butter works on 'em!

jojo
January 27th, 2009, 07:33 AM
You know the shea butter is it one for hair or will any shea butter do?

I have a body cream made with bilberries and shea butter, no additives. I bought it from a lady on ebay who makes them.

Would this do?

spidermom
January 27th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Is that an American brand?

It probably is. I'm sure there are styling products like that available where you are, though. It comes in a jar and it is sometimes called styling pomade or styling wax as well as styling putty. The trick is use only a very little bit. You can always add a little more. I can even lay my coarse gray sproingers down with this stuff.

auburnlocks
January 27th, 2009, 08:08 AM
I have these too, LOL. My hair is a mix of straight and wavy, with a little patch of curls down the right back side that grew in while I was breast feeding! LOL. I think my hair doesn’t know what texture it wants to be.

I only notice the springy hairs right after I wash, so I ignore them that first day, knowing they will stay down after that.

mommy101405
January 27th, 2009, 08:28 AM
I use a Loreal glossing cream. I'm sure it has a ton of things that are bad for my hair. But its the only way I can wear my hair up without a million hairs sticking out everywhere.

Johanna64
January 27th, 2009, 09:05 AM
I make them a little wet with my mister,so they curl more.
Than it looks better :)

jojo
January 27th, 2009, 10:14 AM
It probably is. I'm sure there are styling products like that available where you are, though. It comes in a jar and it is sometimes called styling pomade or styling wax as well as styling putty. The trick is use only a very little bit. You can always add a little more. I can even lay my coarse gray sproingers down with this stuff.
thank you, I will keep an eye for a similar product.

Mellie-I tried some shea butter I had lying around, only used a teeny bit and it helped. Feels good on the ends and it brought the wave out more. I will use this again just to see if it wasn't a fluke and I am going to look out for some styling putty as SM said.

Thanks xx