PDA

View Full Version : A Dusty Springfield!!!

DelynofRhondda
January 25th, 2009, 06:17 PM
For those over a certain age ... I did my hair in a Dusty with one (1) hair stick. I'm beside myself, especially at using one stick rather than hundreds of pins.

For the younger croud ... imagine a blonde Marge Simpson.

I haven't ever been able to pull this off without pins enough to sink the Bismark and enough fix/spray to starch the Royal Fleet's skivies.

Pix T/K once I have enough posties *grin*

Gumball
January 25th, 2009, 06:20 PM
If you have a place to host photos online (like Photobucket or something similar) then you can insert a picture in a post by using the "Insert Image" button and putting the URL in. You need posts to create an album otherwise, unless you weren't aware of the possibility to insert the image.

I'm trying to imagine a blonde Marge, but something keeps me from wrapping my head around it!

Coriander
January 25th, 2009, 06:29 PM
This I've got to see :D

I can totally picture a blonde Marge Simpson!! Congratulations on your success :)

Carolyn
January 25th, 2009, 06:35 PM
:google: and You Tube will give you plenty to look at. She had great hair back in the day.

Gumball
January 25th, 2009, 06:38 PM
:google: and You Tube will give you plenty to look at. She had great hair back in the day.

Aha! This makes me more curious to see how it was done with one stick!

DelynofRhondda
January 25th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the encouragement & tips. I'm on a dial up and have to wait for good cons for uploading to the fotohost.

It's fun playing with different styles from my younger days. Now if I can do something other than a French Twist or Beenive or Rolled Pony I'll be in good shape.

ps please pardon typos ... I'm using an iPod touch tonight.

Copasetic
January 25th, 2009, 08:17 PM
I am 23 and I love me some Dusty Springfield!
Throw on some black eyeliner and rock the Dusty look :)

ChloeDharma
January 25th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Oh i absolutely love Dusty! I was a bit obsessed with her at one point and years ago when i worked in the salon i used to do my hair like hers....although mostly her bouffante bob with uber-backcombing at the crown.......i so miss these hairdo's but the only way i know how to do them involves lots of styling and products with half a cannister of hairspray.....i'm a bit of a retro freak so ideas for 60's hair styles done without the damage would be very welcome. Now i'm mostly restricted to the more hippy looking long straight with a middle parting or sometimes end curls but still long and parted in the middle,

DelynofRhondda
January 26th, 2009, 05:42 AM
How I did it: Put the hair into a very high French Twist and secured only the back. Then gently fluffed out the loose part of the twist over the crown. Smoothed a two-finger dab of Kerastase paste rubbed between the palms over the front and sides.

My hair is very thick and high volume, so it gives the illusion of back-combing. (It's the type of hair that wants to grow out rather than down until it gets considerable length ...)

One of these days I'll really go retro and style a Beau Catcher *lol*. I have pictures from when I was younger and Mother styled my hair that way. Then again ... oh the horror ... maybe not.