PDA

View Full Version : Anyone experienced THIS?

Gothic Lolita
March 28th, 2008, 08:15 AM
The last week I felt as if my hair is shorter than it was before! WITHOUT any trim.

Surely my hair can't be growing back inwards, but it is slightly depressing. But maybe it's just because of the length, it's lower waist so maybe the curve of my body makes it feel like that. *truly believes this*

Argh, damn, get longer. I wanna feel my hair again!

spidermom
March 28th, 2008, 08:26 AM
I have. I had been watching for waist length by putting a belt around my waist and looking to see if the ends touched the belt. One day they would, another day they wouldn't. Sometimes my waves are tighter, sometimes looser, so I've gotten used to my length varying from day to day.

Curlsgirl
March 28th, 2008, 08:29 AM
YES!!!!!! Every other day maybe more! :rolleyes:

Lady Godiva
March 28th, 2008, 08:32 AM
If my hair is down and I'm simply standing, I don't feel it on my body below my rear end. As you suggest, this is due to the curves in our bodies and the simple fact that our hair doesn't touch the inward curves as it does the outward curves. Maybe for wavier hair than ours, it might be sensed a bit more, since wavy/curly hair takes up more space. You should feel your hair again when it gets a little longer (apart from bending or moving).

The only time I'll feel my hair around my legs, if I'm standing still, is when the wind causes it to move. I'll be surprised by this, but then I immediately want to restrain it before it tangles much.

Feisty Redhead
March 28th, 2008, 08:40 AM
My waves and wurls give me this feeling a LOT. Sometimes they're tighter, and even a bit curly, so I have "less" length. But then other days they're looser or just fall pretty flat and my hair's mostly straight, so my hair is "longer" those days. This is why I don't bother to measure anymore, and I try not to get too upset on an extra wurly day when my hair's 3 inches from waist length when the day before it was straighter and within an inch of waist. I know tomorrow it could be back to within an inch again. :lol:

lora410
March 28th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Yuppp, Most days I feel like I am only at APL becuase of my stupid shorter layers. The longest are almost bsl so I know how you feel :lol:

Silver & Gold
March 28th, 2008, 09:08 AM
Y E S ! ! ! I'm going through that right now. I suspect it's due to a cassia treatment that has made my hair thicker and fluffier. I suppose all that fullness took up some length.

sweetkandi
March 28th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Im a wavy, and i do too.

Katze
March 28th, 2008, 09:22 AM
me too. Dirty hair seems longer, for some reason, perhaps because it's lost its wave?

My hair looks different every day - color, wave, overall look - so I just figure this is part of it. Nothing to worry about.

Gothic Lolita
March 28th, 2008, 09:30 AM
I just think it's really funny. I mean, I stand there in front of my mirror and think "Yes, I'm going for hip", take my shirt of and can't feel my hair anywhere around waist...
But like Katze just said, not only length but also color changes.

LuXious
March 28th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Maybe you got taller! Ha ha. Seriously. It's probably humidity and whatever effecting the tightness of your waves, as the others say. But maybe your spine has stretched. Are you stretching regularly? They say you can add an inch to your height with Pilates. All the stretching and realignment straightens and... stretches you. Something to think about.
; )

Islandgrrl
March 28th, 2008, 10:31 AM
It seems this way for me, too. I'm anxiously awaiting BSL, and some days it seems closer than other days. Today it seems closer than yesterday, but yesterday seemed much further away than a few days ago. Oh, well, sooner or later...

Isilya
March 28th, 2008, 10:45 AM
I had this today. Last week it looked like my hair was a bit past waist and today it's not *sobs*. I blame my sleep-braid. The shea butter probably made the braidwaves more pronounced.

Lixie
March 28th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Yes, I get this too. Sometimes the ends of my hair come past the seat of my computer chair, sometimes they rest just above the edge. It just depends on how wavy my hair is that day.

Gothic Lolita
March 28th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Maybe you got taller! Ha ha. Seriously. It's probably humidity and whatever effecting the tightness of your waves, as the others say. But maybe your spine has stretched. Are you stretching regularly? They say you can add an inch to your height with Pilates. All the stretching and realignment straightens and... stretches you. Something to think about.
; )

Are you serious? Can I really add an inch to my height? I haven't grown since I was 11 and I'm really small, only 153 cm....

willowcandra
March 30th, 2008, 02:07 AM
I have been at my current length since christmas and now because I am so used to it it feels really short to me: easier to handle. It only feels long if I leave it loose for a while round home especially if I am trying to do anything lol.

I remember that when my hair went through a little growth spurt it would feel really long all of a sudden.

tiny_teesha
March 30th, 2008, 05:37 AM
LuXious - Well then i'm starting Pilates!! (im 5 flat)
I think it would be due to wave. My hair does that, it is waist when wet and held against the body, otherwise it is an inch or 2 above it when curly and a mere cm or 2 away when brushed straight!
i can get 3 lengths in one day!!!

Rebelkat
April 3rd, 2008, 10:22 PM
But maybe your spine has stretched.
Ah, yes. I had surgery for scoliosis about a year ago and woke up three inches taller than I had been going in. First thing I noticed was that my hair looked three inches shorter. That one threw me for a loop!