PDA

View Full Version : My first hair compliment

Rohele
January 25th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Got my first compliment in many years - from my hair stylist :D (Sorry I have to brag to someone, and my DH just rolls his eyes, lol)

It was on the condition, not the length (I'm still pretty much a shortie). I went to get a trim, and the first thing she says "what have you been doing to your hair..." and I'm thinking I'm about to be chastised, since its been so long since I've been in for a cut and she finishes with "because it looks absolutely gorgeous!"

I mumble something about laying off the flat iron, and letting it air dry, and we proceed with the cut.

As I'm leaving she says to me "You know, people come in here and pay big bucks to get their hair to look like yours, and its nothing we can replicate in a salon. Whatever you've been doing, keep doing it, because its working"

I'm so glad I found this place. :) I'm a total convert.

ImperfectBrat
January 25th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Awesome for you !! :cheer:

Isn't it great when somebody notices the results of all your work ?

Unicorn
January 25th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Congratulations! Isn't it good to know that all the effort makes such a positive difference?

Unicorn

Coriander
January 25th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Congratulations on your compliment, and from a hair stylist too! :) That's wonderful.

Xandergrammy
January 25th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Wow!! Congratulations!!!

Gingevere
January 25th, 2009, 07:00 PM
That's great! And she's totally right- it's gorgeous!

jojo
January 25th, 2009, 08:08 PM
What a lovely compliment, betcha she still straightened and blow fried a few heads that day though!

Curlsgirl
January 25th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Congratulations!!! :cheese:

RavennaNight
January 25th, 2009, 08:17 PM
That was nice! From a hair stylist especially! Usually they tell you your hair is bad even if its great.

DiyaC
January 26th, 2009, 12:35 AM
That's nice :)

Charli800
January 26th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Yay for you! That's great. :)

FallenAngel
January 26th, 2009, 03:50 AM
Wow. Congratulations! :)

paper
January 26th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Thats so awesome, what a great compliment!

What is your hair care routine?

Rohele
January 26th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Thanks guys - it made my day:)

Thats so awesome, what a great compliment!

What is your hair care routine?

Paper - I don't have much of a routine yet, but just dropping the heat styling and switching to CO for the last two months has made a huge difference in my hair. I've also been oiling daily with jojoba oil, and been giving myself a heavier oiling with jojoba or EVOO a few hours before I wash each time (currently I'm washing my hair every 2 days).

What a lovely compliment, betcha she still straightened and blow fried a few heads that day though!

lol, I did get offered the flat iron, but I declined. I had to do a blow fry, as it was a choice between dry hair or frozen hair (it was about -30C that day). I have to say though, of all the stylists I've had in the last few years, the one I'm seeing now is the most "anti-heat styling". She always stresses that its best reserved for special occasions only, not for daily use.