PDA

View Full Version : How often must I shampoo if I use a conditioner that contains 'cones?

eyesofsummer
January 25th, 2009, 12:05 PM
I've been CO for about six months now, and at the beginning I was still using a conditioner with 'cones. I soon realized that the point was to cut out 'cones, so I switched to another type of conditioner. The thing is, I really liked that conditioner type, and would like to go back to it. At this point my hair has been completely weened off shampoo though, so how often would I "need" to shampoo my hair in order to get rid of 'cone buildup? And what would happen if I continued with CO with this type of conditioner
Thanks for any help and insight, I appreciate it!

Kirin
January 25th, 2009, 12:58 PM
You can actually CO with a conditioner with cones if that is what your hair likes. While many on LHC find 'cones the bain of satan, others find them to be the holy grail, its up to the user. After being here a year and much experimenting I have realized its not what everyone else likes, but what works best for yourself.

There is no "must". You should wash your hair while using a cone conditioner when you feel you are getting a build up. That amount of time is different from user to user. Signs of build up usually are a weighted down look, peicey, tangly and snarly hair that just appears seemingly overnight.

Curlsgirl
January 25th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Yes, you could still do that if you find you have good results. Everyone is different!

Mrs.Hildy
January 25th, 2009, 08:25 PM
Is there a place where I can find definitions for the things you are talking about?
I am feeling clueless.

Elphie
January 25th, 2009, 08:27 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=10

This might help, Mrs. Hildy.

Mrs.Hildy
January 25th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Thank you! I hadn't looked at the articles because I thought I wasn't allowed to see them. I guess I was wrong.