PDA

View Full Version : How often do you change your products?

plainjanegirl
January 25th, 2009, 11:49 AM
I thought this would be interesting to see. I am trying to get a good routine but am having problems. From alot of what I have read I always thought it was best to rotate what products you use. Maybe not. what is your personal experience?

Peter
January 25th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Up to now I've used the entire bottle then switched to something else. I've only tried a few products because I started growing my hair recently and haven't had a chance to try out different brands. When my current bottle of conditioner runs out, I'm going to buy a few different ones I've seen in the CO thread (like the Suave Naturals line) and switch every few washes.

1nuitblanche
January 25th, 2009, 12:21 PM
In general, I go through a bottle (at least of the conditioner, sometimes several bottles of the one conditioner and one bottle of the shampoo) before switching. The exception would be if a) I go away and share hair products with someone else to minimize packed things and they are more particular than I am b) I am spending time with someone who is allergic to nuts--I would feel terrible if the oil in my hair made them go to the hospital!!

Carolyn
January 25th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I swap my products each and every wash. I've tried using the same things 2 or 3 times in a row but got yucky, lank hair. I don't know what it is but my hair loves to be treated with something different each wash. I wash every 2-3 days. I guess I am just prone to build up and gunk. Changing each wash is working well for me. I'd be so bored with my hair care if I didn't change it around.

Gingevere
January 25th, 2009, 12:32 PM
My hair stops responding to one kind of shampoo/conditioner if I use it for too long, so I rotate every few washes. That way, my hair is happy and I still use everything up in the end.

I really think it depends on you hair, though. Some hair likes consistency, but I think most hair needs a change at least every once in a while.

neon-dream
January 25th, 2009, 12:34 PM
ALL of the time.
Everytime I run out of a bottle, I buy a different one :).

rockkcor
January 25th, 2009, 12:35 PM
I think that it is the best to change everything at all times...
That is the best way to avoid unhealthy products...

freznow
January 25th, 2009, 12:36 PM
It depends. I try to judge by what my hair is feeling. Sometimes that means using the same thing for a month (that's only 4 or 5 washes, lol); other times it's alternating each time.

LawyerGirl
January 25th, 2009, 12:38 PM
I use Nizoral for my Sebborheic Dermititis every other wash, otherwise I use Trader Joe's Peppermint/Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner.

spidermom
January 25th, 2009, 12:42 PM
I generally buy shampoo and conditioner in pairs and use them up completely before I buy something else. I shop at a store that is constantly changing the products on its shelves, and I keep an eye out for good deals in something organic and gentle. DD is allergic to coconut-derived ingredients, and we have only found one brand (Alba Botanica) that carries a completely coconut-free shampoo and conditioner. So there are generally 2 separate product types in the shower area, and every once in awhile I will use DD's product. But not often because it's expensive and she can't use anything else.

SpecialKitty
January 25th, 2009, 01:04 PM
I have a very simple routine with few products, but the ones I have I rotate or use based on the needs of my hair at the time. I have one gentle but effective clarifying shampoo (for when I'm swimming a lot), I have one set of shampoo/conditioner for regular use (I only wash every 5-6 days or so), and I have a couple of conditioners I use when I do CO's. I have a couple of things I use after shampooing - coconut oil, and a Redken product I like the smell of :love:

In my experience, rotating can be fun and occasionally my hair will surprise me (in a good way) when I switch to something new. But simplicity in routine is also nice as well. :shrug:

krt1013
January 25th, 2009, 01:32 PM
I'm such a product junkie that I switch it up almost daily.

I have loads of conditioners (and some shampoos) under the sink still waiting for their turn :D

On another note, I absolutely stay away from any cones in all of my shampoos and conditioners, so at least the selection is somewhat narrowed down, lol.

Hay22
January 25th, 2009, 02:01 PM
I love to switch it up every few washes and am constantly trying new things. What I use typically depends on if I'm going to be going out/staying in, blow drying/wearing natural, etc. I have 6 different shampoos and 4 different conditioners in my shower (I actually just counted for this!). My fiance is guilty of the same weird obsession, so when I'm at his place I get to switch it up with all of his goodies, too.

Although, this past week I've stuck to Kiss My Face's "Whenever" collection exclusively. It's the first organic collection to not make my hair feel limp and greasy.

AJoifulNoise
January 25th, 2009, 02:08 PM
I switch off with each wash.

I have two conditioners (Herbal Essences Hello Hydration and None of Your Frizzness) that I switch off for CO. Occasionally I use Herbal Essences Break's Over (but it is heavier, I mostly use it 'cuz it smells good). When I shampoo I use either John Frieda Brilliant Brunette conditioner or Organix (Coconut, Mocha, or Shea).

Forever_Sophie
January 25th, 2009, 02:19 PM
I used to rotate when I read that Topanga from Boy Meets World (w/ amaaazing hair) did that. Now, I pretty much use each bottle 'til it's finished, w/ the exception of a clarifying shampoo once every couple weeks and Shimmerlights (when my highlights get brassy).

plainjanegirl
January 25th, 2009, 02:26 PM
I used to rotate when I read that Topanga from Boy Meets World (w/ amaaazing hair) did that. Now, I pretty much use each bottle 'til it's finished, w/ the exception of a clarifying shampoo once every couple weeks and Shimmerlights (when my highlights get brassy).

Oh that girl's hair was so thick looking. I like it better in the older shows. But even after it was cut it was still pretty.

Johanna64
January 25th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Yes,I switch it up with each wash.
I try to buy different products,but I love 'De Traay' shampoos (it's a natural shampoo that's works fine for me).

Feline
January 25th, 2009, 03:27 PM
I like to change every so often, as I feel that products stop working well. I also am a bargain hunter with no product loyalty (well, a few;)) so I will usually have something different on hand for use. OTOH, my DH gets cranky when the bathroom gets loaded up with hair stuff, and he insists that I use things up first before buying more. How unreasonable...:p

paper
January 25th, 2009, 04:31 PM
I wash with the same thing. But, I have alot of unused products that I bought and didn't like as much. So, every few washes or so, I'll use one of them.

Elphie
January 25th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I switch things around every two or three washes (I chose the first poll selection because sometimes it is every other wash) but my products remain the same.

Suave coconut S&C
Suave clarifying shampoo
Palmer's S&C
L'Occitaine Shea Butter conditioner (a once in a while treat)

I tend to mix and match depending upon what my hair feels like.

Alia
January 25th, 2009, 06:21 PM
I voted other. I use Dairy Whip every time, except when clarifying with Avalon Organics lemon, and rotate coneless conditioners on whim. I have a bunch of CV sample bars, but this is working so well that I'm hesitant to mess with them.:)

I have three new 'Whips on their way: tea tree, tangerine creamsicle, and coconut cream.:cheese:

harley mama
January 25th, 2009, 06:32 PM
I don't wash so, I picked other. I CO most of the time and I do switch the scent but, usually stick with VO5 since it seems to be working for my hair type.

HairyCarrie
January 25th, 2009, 06:46 PM
It's only recently that I've become a regular rotator. I am enjoying so many of the shampoos and conditioners recommended on LHC, and I need to give them all a chance! I actually had to put a few products back in the closet to make room in the shower.

DH uses only one shampoo and it's all his. He hated that I kept diluting the shampoos. He thought it was like washing with plain water. I do dip into his bottle on occasion as I just love trying all the brands.

So far my hair is very happy with my unfaithfulness. :grin:

teela1978
January 25th, 2009, 06:54 PM
I usually buy a bottle of shampoo and use it till it's gone, with the slight exception of clarifying every month or so. Shampoo lasts me a very long time because I dilute it. I tend to have a few conditioners running around my shower. One I'll use most often, and others I'll throw in once in a while. Overall I use the same product until its gone though. I find that it's hard to decide if my hair 'likes' something after one use. I need a good week or so to decide.

Adrienne
January 25th, 2009, 07:00 PM
I'm such a product junkie that I switch it up almost daily.

I have loads of conditioners (and some shampoos) under the sink still waiting for their turn :D

On another note, I absolutely stay away from any cones in all of my shampoos and conditioners, so at least the selection is somewhat narrowed down, lol.

I thought I was the only one. we are almost excatly the same. except I dont even read ingrediants. I am that much of a product junkie!!!!!!

jesamyn
January 25th, 2009, 07:01 PM
I have a set of staple products and just switch between them according to my hair's needs on a given day.

may1em
January 25th, 2009, 07:04 PM
I seem to have hit on the right routine, but I still have all the other products I don't like as much. So right now I'm using those up. I do like having a bit of flexibility - sometimes I have buildup and need a sulfate to get rid of it, sometimes I get something on my hair shortly after washing it, so do a CO wash instead of a shampoo, so it's not as harsh. Two shampoos and two conditioners is right for me - I guess I mix up washing methods more often, but one rich conditioner is enough for conditioning purposes. What washing method I use depends entirely on how dirty my hair is.

Cai
January 25th, 2009, 07:46 PM
I use a lush shampoo and voted for I use the same everytime, but honestly I have to admit that at the moment I have two different ones. I just liked the smell of the Hybrid too much for not testing it. But in future I'm gonna stick to the Squeaky Green (my other one) again as I like them better without these "conditioning" bits inside. I don't plan to switch ever again....

Deborah
January 25th, 2009, 08:27 PM
When I find a method that I like, I'll use that method for quite a while, then when I just get in the mood, I'll switch to another method.

As to products, I am CO now, and switch around between several cheap conditioners that I like, and watch for others that I may want to try.

I plan to try washing with soapnuts next, as soon as my samples come in.

KnightsLady
January 25th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Long term user of a single product.

Changing for the sake of changing when I've something that works, doesn't make much sense to me. The only reason I would change is if I'm not happy with the results. I expect a product to do the job long term, not just for a wash or two. If the results were not satisfactory long term I wouldn't purchase it again, or I would be actively looking for something else that did while I still had to use it.

Many shampoos are too expensive to be purchasing half a dozen different ones just to switch at each wash. There's also the advantage of not having bottles and bottles of stuff in the bathroom.

Calanthe
January 25th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Other. I change products, but not on a regular basis. Mostly, I change because my hair doesn't like that particular product all of a sudden, my scalp freaks out, I can't stand the smell of the stuff anymore...there's really no logic behind this.

As long as everything's fine, I don't change my products much.

Arctic
January 26th, 2009, 01:08 AM
I've been using my same, trustworthy shampoo for years, it's been fantastic to my scalp!

Sihda
January 26th, 2009, 05:31 AM
I change shampoo and conditioner about once a week as I haven't found out what's best for my hair AND scalp. By the way my bathroom is full of different kinds of bottles and jars...so I'm forced to change from time to time:).

Shield31
January 26th, 2009, 09:06 AM
I have a few different products I use for washing days. I love the Mane & Tail shampoo (blue one) and use it most often. I also have Queen Helene Mint Julip once a week for the tingly scalp feeling.

DW travels internationally quite a few times a year. She is constantly bringing back hotel size bottles of various products. I use them a couple times a month to try something new.

I condition with Mane & Tail most times or use one of the travel bottles.

And once every few months I do a cassia day (green goop day I call it). I like to think I am open-minded and willing to try almost anything for hair care. :)

SweetPea88
January 26th, 2009, 10:49 AM
I rotate my products. I wouldn't say I change them every wash, but whenever I feel my hair not responding as well to certain products or whenever I want a certain scent. I do always use shampoo and conditioner "pairs".

Let's see, right now I'm using:
-Organix Vanilla Shampoo (sulfate free, cones)
-Organix Vanilla Conditioner (cones)
-Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo (sulfate free, cone free)
-Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Conditioner (cone free)
-VO5 Green Tea Shampoo (cone free)
-VO5 Chamomile Tea Conditioner (cone free)

Anje
January 26th, 2009, 10:58 AM
I chose that I use up a bottle, but sometimes I'll do something else for a single wash (like use a shampoo bar if I feel especially greasy), then go back to the usual product.

I'm a bit of an experimenter, though. I'm always trying something, either what I wash with, or brush my teeth with, or something. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but that's OK.

pariate
January 26th, 2009, 02:15 PM
I CO and it took me aaaaaaaages to find a conditioner that really worked for me, so I'm sticking with it! :D

dearladydisdain
January 26th, 2009, 02:17 PM
I wash with and continually use the same products for long periods of time. Eventually they usually stop working but until then I stick with pretty much one thing :)

joyfulmom4
January 26th, 2009, 03:16 PM
I'm still trying to decide on the best routine.

In the past, I didn't care so much about the long-term health of my hair. It was long. It grew pretty fast. I didn't heat-style or otherwise abuse it. If the ends got dry or damaged, I just had a few inches trimmed off a couple times a year.

Now that I've decided to keep growing, possibly to terminal length (depends on how long that is and how much I like the longer length) I am thinking more about the long-term health of my hair. I don't want to trim any more than absolutely necessary.

I used to just use whatever was cheap at Walmart. Typically that was V05 products. I used those for years. Interesting that so many people here like them.

Then I started using salon products and after a few different trials, I settled on Redken All Soft. I used that about a year and then switched to Tresemme Anti-breakage. I was using that when I found LHC.

After reading up on various things at LHC, I've been trying out some new products and routines. I have yet to settle on a favorite. I'm washing so much less often that that makes it harder to figure out what I like. If I only use a product twice a week, it takes awhile before I've used it enough to form an opinion. I've grown impatient with some products and switched before I may have given them a sufficient trial. I can't seem to make up my mind whether I want to use cones or not. Or SLS shampoos. Or how often I can stand to wash.

Still deciding here.

And I've got several new shampoos and conditioners as well as some Dairy Whip coming in the mail. I'll probably test one product a week. :D

JamieLeigh
January 26th, 2009, 05:22 PM
I never really had much of a routine until I came here to LHC...and that was in September. At that time, I was super-happy with my Aussie Moist products, and had been using them for several months straight. I kept it up until earlier this month, when I finally went CO completely. So since the beginning of this month, I've been using Suave, and am pretty happy with it so far. I'll probably rotate out, as far as fragrance, but until I run into a problem with the brand, I will likely keep it up. :)

plainjanegirl
January 26th, 2009, 05:28 PM
I'm still trying to decide on the best routine.

In the past, I didn't care so much about the long-term health of my hair. It was long. It grew pretty fast. I didn't heat-style or otherwise abuse it. If the ends got dry or damaged, I just had a few inches trimmed off a couple times a year.

Now that I've decided to keep growing, possibly to terminal length (depends on how long that is and how much I like the longer length) I am thinking more about the long-term health of my hair. I don't want to trim any more than absolutely necessary.

I used to just use whatever was cheap at Walmart. Typically that was V05 products. I used those for years. Interesting that so many people here like them.

Then I started using salon products and after a few different trials, I settled on Redken All Soft. I used that about a year and then switched to Tresemme Anti-breakage. I was using that when I found LHC.

After reading up on various things at LHC, I've been trying out some new products and routines. I have yet to settle on a favorite. I'm washing so much less often that that makes it harder to figure out what I like. If I only use a product twice a week, it takes awhile before I've used it enough to form an opinion. I've grown impatient with some products and switched before I may have given them a sufficient trial. I can't seem to make up my mind whether I want to use cones or not. Or SLS shampoos. Or how often I can stand to wash.

Still deciding here.

And I've got several new shampoos and conditioners as well as some Dairy Whip coming in the mail. I'll probably test one product a week. :D

When I was young we used mostly suave or vo5 on my hair and it was long and thick. My mom did use a spray on detangler to help with the tangles when she combed it. And my hair was very nice looking but I don't think I could do that anymore .

NeilTheFuzz
January 26th, 2009, 05:43 PM
I have used the same line of products for a couple of years now (Aussie). I went through a series of brands previous to that and I found Aussie to be best for effect/price.

Tap Dancer
January 26th, 2009, 05:57 PM
I rotate because I have so many shampoos and conditioners. I like to switch it up depending on my mood that day. Or if I'm going to color my hair, I know to use a clarifying shampoo and deep conditioner the day before.

Yedda
January 26th, 2009, 08:25 PM
I am a loyal customer. I will stick with the same product until it is no longer effective or I am tired of it for some other reason. I'm like this with everything, not just hair products.

Sissy
January 26th, 2009, 09:14 PM
I tend to use something different almost every wash :)

julya
January 26th, 2009, 09:51 PM
I have multiple products in my bathroom, plus using different herbs. I just use whatever wash method I feel like on a day when I wash my hair. Sometimes a shampoo only scalp wash, CO, WO, traditional S&C, cassia and catnip if I plan ahead. There is really no rhyme or reason to it.

twilight
January 27th, 2009, 12:33 PM
i'm kinda random, i normally use my shampoo bar+vinegar rinse but if i'm in a different mood i will use indian herbs or rarely a drugstore shampoo. most of the time i'm a shampoo bar kinda girl though.

Torrin Paige
January 27th, 2009, 12:38 PM
It really depends on how my hair is feeling on wash day. I switch up between 3 different shampoo/conditioner combos, using the heavier stuff on days when it's feeling a bit dry and vice versa.

Drynwhyl
January 27th, 2009, 04:35 PM
There's usually at least 2 shampoos my family uses, so I choose the one I think will do best. As for the conditioners etc, I use the same unless I find some more effective product. Trial&error :)

RedStripe
January 28th, 2009, 12:03 PM
I voted "use up a whole bottle (etc.) and then switch to something else," but there is a slight exception to that. I've been using shampoo bars for a long time and I'll generally use one up, then pick a different one. (Up to now it's always been Lush, but after learning about CV bars on LHC, I ordered some samples -- now I have enough different poo bars to keep me in lather for the next year or so!) But I also usually keep one kind of bottled shampoo on hand, and use it only on an occasional basis.

RavennaNight
February 1st, 2009, 11:02 PM
Ok. I voted other. Here goes: I rotate between rotating the products in the bathroom and using up a bottle/poobar/tube of stuff and move on to another. I am also trying, but failing miserably :D, to use up what is in the bathroom before I move on to new product.

Lillian
February 2nd, 2009, 04:34 AM
I have 3 shampoos and 3 conditioners, and I wash my hair 3 times a week. This means I don't use the same product more than once a week. I like to rotate them so my hair doesn't get too much of one thing, and it also means I don't collect products in my bathroom. And it's easy to see when I'm running out!

sandigirl
February 2nd, 2009, 05:11 PM
I use the same thing until they stop making it or until it quits working. I have been using Garnier Fructis for at least 3 years and it works wonderfully for me. Everything else leaves my hair tangly and very hard to brush out. Before that it was Vidal Sassoon but they quit making it (or I just can't find it anymore). I tried using Herbal Essence on vacation and it was a nightmare. Tangles galore...

Citrine
February 2nd, 2009, 06:14 PM
Like a lot of people here, I buy shampoo and conditioner that will be used until it runs out. When that happens I'll switch products. I clarify with vinegar every couple of weeks though too ;)

Copasetic
February 3rd, 2009, 08:58 AM
I stick to one thing until I am all out of it. I used to switch it up a lot, but since I cut down on how many products I buy, I don't have as many options.

chrissy-b
February 4th, 2009, 05:38 PM
I generally use up anything I buy before buying something else unless my hair hates it (except oils -- those I really like to rotate).

LittleOrca
February 7th, 2009, 05:44 PM
I will use the whole bottle of what I have to make sure I get the full effect of it and I can see how much of a difference it makes in my hair. If I like the product I keep it around until I hear some something either better or my hair has another issue I need to take care of. I used to use an anti-breakage regiment, but I found out my problem was more with hydration. Now I use products for that as well as having upped my water intake and MSM vitamins. :)

LutraLutra
February 8th, 2009, 06:35 AM
I voted 'other' because as my hair grows from super short to much longer (yay!) and the seasons change my hair seems to need different things.

cani
February 11th, 2009, 05:58 AM
i use a whole bottle and buy something else then.
iīm still searching the perfect products for my hair. so i test...and test...and test...:rolleyes:
if i would change every wash i couldnīt say if the product works for me.

Lillie
February 15th, 2009, 10:18 AM
I use different shampoos.

Before I wash, I choose the shampoo (considering what my hair needs) an dilute it in a bottle with a lot of water.

Sometimes I use one shampoo 2-3 washes in a row and then switch to another one. It's mostly 2-3 washes with a very mild shampoo and then I use a harsher one for one wash. I try to use the harsher ones less often at the moment.

Sydney
February 17th, 2009, 02:31 AM
I am always changing!! I get fed up with what I'm using and change to something else - ususally because it smells nice! I have about 3 bottles of shampoo on the go at the moment :o

Jessaka
February 17th, 2009, 06:44 PM
I rotate when something stops working for me. I used Bed Head for the longest time, then it just stopped making my hair lovely, so then I had to switch to another brand. When that one stops working, I switch to another. It seems my hair is very picky.

Coriander
February 18th, 2009, 04:32 PM
I have four or five "sets" of S&C and I will usually rotate among them when I wash.

I still clarify once a week and oil the ends every time though.

Yedda
February 21st, 2009, 04:04 PM
I used to rotate when I read that Topanga from Boy Meets World (w/ amaaazing hair) did that..

LOL, me too!!:lol:

-Lisa-
February 27th, 2009, 06:42 AM
I change irregularly, but often. Sometimes I wash my hair with two shampoos oder conditioner.

Remke
February 27th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I rotate what I wash with every wash.
I have a few brands (like 4 at the time) that I use. I look at my hair and think about if it needs more cones or none and then I'll pick my shampoo and conditioner.

pixiechick
February 27th, 2009, 10:27 PM
I change products with every wash. When I use shampoo bars, I cut the bars into five or so small pieces and keep just one of each "flavor" in the shower. I do two washes and change bars even with those. Yes, it looks silly in our shower with this little row of shampoo bars, and then one of the regular soaps (which I also cut into little pieces)
Just ordered some dairy whip too---which I can't wait to try after reading all the wonderful reviews here!

neon-dream
February 28th, 2009, 12:42 AM
when my product runs out, I buy something different.

Finoriel
February 28th, 2009, 01:23 AM
More or less I wash with the same mixture since over a year and still love the results.
Once in a blue moon Iīll use something else, but that happened maybe three or four times during that year.

Bene
February 28th, 2009, 01:26 AM
i don't have a routine, i suppose. i'll use one thing for a while, see something else i like and try that. i have things i'll definitely go back to when i'm not experimenting though.

HotRag
February 28th, 2009, 03:05 AM
I make home made stuff, so I usually uses something until I have tried it out for best result, or until I feel like needing or wanting to do something other.

I will rotate between egg wash with yogurt SMT, Indian herbs and home made decyl glucose shampoo.
But for now I am still trying out the best way for me to use Indian herbs, so that's what I wash with for now.

My idea is that it is good to rotate. To get the best from all, and to prevent having to much or to less of something. Also if something builds up, rotation can be good.

curls2grow
February 28th, 2009, 08:02 AM
I voted "something else". I rotate conditioners for CO washing on a weekly basis. I CO wash every other day -- WO wash on the in-between day -- so I alternate my 2 leave-ins depending on whether it's a CO or WO wash day. My styling products (gel or cream) I don't change.

viking_quest
February 28th, 2009, 10:44 AM
When I had a multitude of hair products I would switch them out every wash but now I just use the whole bottle and then change hair products.

gthlvrmx
March 20th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Never my conditioner does me good and that's the only thing it seems to like.

Garnetgem
January 21st, 2016, 03:56 AM
I will change now and again to experiment and if i like something will often stick with it until they new improve it then its not the same i move onto another brand/type.

vampyyri
December 12th, 2016, 03:41 PM
I always use the same things every wash... if it ain't broke, don't fix it I suppose :lol:

littlestarface
December 12th, 2016, 05:03 PM
I switch up quiet abit cuz I like to test new stuff to see what will work with me and so I can always buy it again n again but I always save that one that works beautiful around all the time for a for sure product that'll stay around forever. It's always the same routine tho.

Rebeccalaurenxx
December 12th, 2016, 05:19 PM
I rotate. Everything also gets used up this way. I do however rotate between the same 3 products, but I am tempted to CWC because I think co washing isnt working for me anymore.

jessic6
December 13th, 2016, 09:44 AM
I only have one shampoo and one conditioner at a time. Actually, I just bought a clarifying shampoo to augument my regular one, but I don't think that counts as really having two shampoos.

Frankenstein
December 13th, 2016, 12:49 PM
I change conditioners every wash. I'll use one shampoo for a week (three washes) then switch to something else. I like variety :lol:

lapushka
December 13th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Currently I'm rotating my shampoo(s) and conditioners because I need to use up a lot of older stuff right now. But normally, I'm pretty consistent with at least my shampoo and my 2nd C (in WCC).

hanne jensen
December 14th, 2016, 03:44 AM
I voted other. Every time I reach a milestone my hair starts to hate what it used to love. It's very irritating.

Johannah
December 18th, 2016, 09:23 AM
I have the same products I use for years and switch up between them :)

caprinequeen
January 8th, 2017, 05:02 PM
I use the same products regularly, but when I travel or have the opportunity to use someone else's shower (friends, boyfriends roommates) I indulge in a wash with new products. Works great for my hair!

TatsuOni
January 9th, 2017, 03:21 AM
I use the same products. I'm only changing my conditioner when they change the recepie so that I can no longer use it. I hate when that happens!

Rhodugune
January 13th, 2017, 05:44 PM
Other: Since I started to co-wash about 6 years ago I have done it the same way. I find a conditioner for washing my scalp and one for my lengths/ends that works for my hair and stick to them, using them until they goes out of production, that has happened twice now with my washing conditioner, so I'm usually able to use the same conditioner for a few years before needing to find a new one.

Margrit
September 28th, 2018, 10:29 PM
I was with the same every wash.

Salwety
September 29th, 2018, 04:54 AM
I will switch when what I have stops working.

EmeraldSkies
October 6th, 2018, 09:03 AM
I vote other. I would choose which conditioner depends on whether my hair feels dry or normal. But for shampoo i would using stick to the same one.

Natalia_A00
October 6th, 2018, 11:31 AM
I love trying different products and I don't always use the same shampoo or conditioner everytime I wash
I also rotate with hair masks (deep con)

lapushka
October 6th, 2018, 03:41 PM
Currently I'm rotating my shampoo(s) and conditioners because I need to use up a lot of older stuff right now. But normally, I'm pretty consistent with at least my shampoo and my 2nd C (in WCC).

Still the same answer. I am still using stuff up. My go-to shampoo was always the Pantene Aqua Light and my second C in WCC was always the HE Hello Hydration. But they have now both been discontinued in Belgium.

I am now not only using stuff up, but will get through 2 boxes of backstash of the shampoo/conditioner and then it will be gone and I will have to permanently look for something else.

nycelle
October 6th, 2018, 04:00 PM
I can go weeks using the same products, or I can alternate every wash for a month.

It just depends on what my hair needs when I wash.

Doreen
October 6th, 2018, 11:54 PM
I rotate but not on a specific schedule. It just depends how my hair feels. Sometimes it's just because I want my hair to smell like a certain product to suit my mood (I have 3 dandruff shampoos with different scents in my shower).

sallyd
October 7th, 2018, 12:35 AM
Not so faithful here. I'm a CO washer with fine hair, and I have several various bottles of cheapo conefree conditioner (that I dilute in a nozzle bottle). I alternate between washing conditioners.

For the conditioning conditioner (??) I tend to use something a bit more fancy, normally a Grandma Agafia one; I specially like the burdock version, but will use basically any of them.

The only thing I'm fully faithful to is my final step, the dab of Nightblooming Panacea on the ends. It's magic on my hair!

Yoiko
October 7th, 2018, 05:02 AM
I rotate Weekly, especially Shampoo and Conditioners.

leayellena
October 8th, 2018, 01:31 AM
I usually buy whichever conditioner's on sale. I keep in mind which one also my scalp likes. if my scalp doesn't like it I buy also the shampoo either of the same brand or another or a sls-free shampoo.

sophia_
October 14th, 2018, 06:52 PM
I rotate conditioners, but I never rotate shampoos anymore. After a stall and some shedding, I've found a shampoo that hasn't failed me yet so I don't think I should rotate it out.

paulownia
October 15th, 2018, 12:54 AM
I rotate my products. I usually wash my hair every 2-3 days, during the week I use slightly milder shampoo (recently it's Green Pharmacy camomille shampoo) and follow with conditionner. Two washes with a moisturizind conditionner and by the end of the week something with protein. Then on weekend wash I do a pre-poo oil treatment, use a stronger clarifying shampoo and follow with a mask (I let it sit on my hair up to 5 minutes)

StylishConfetti
October 15th, 2018, 05:14 PM
I don't like buying the same product twice in a row. That goes for hair stuff, toothpaste, deodorant, anything...I have product commitment issues!

SnailFarts
October 17th, 2018, 10:37 PM
I use a product until it stops working for me. That's often about 4-6 months. When it doesn't seem to work as well anymore, I find something new. That includes shampoo, conditioner, face wash, deodorant...

Joules
October 18th, 2018, 06:45 AM
I alternate between harsher and gentler shampoos, so I rotate shampoos every wash. Back when I wasn't alternating between anything I used one shampoo at a time, like, I'd finish one bottle before buying a new one, but I always bought different shampoos, so there's that. I was going through bottles quite quickly so my hair never had the chance to get used to anything.

I sometimes do alternate the first conditioner in WCC. I like to use stronger masks with stronger shampoos and lighter conditioners with milder shampoos.

I don't rotate the second conditioner though, I usually use up a bottle before taking a new one, though I like to experiment and I try to not use two bottles of the same conditioner in a row. One 200ml bottle of conditioner lasts me about 2.5 weeks / 6-8 washes, so again, not enough to get used to and cause issues.

My leave-ins tend to be the same for years and years, for some reason a good leave-in is harder to find. Besides, my leave-ins last me ages, so I don't want to hoard too much of it, it does expire after all. It never caused any issues, so I'm fine with it.

Natashap
October 28th, 2018, 08:13 AM
I don't like buying the same product twice in a row. That goes for hair stuff, toothpaste, deodorant, anything...I have product commitment issues!

Same here....lol

Wravyn
October 28th, 2018, 08:43 AM
If I like something then I use it until I get sick of it. If I don't like something then I'll switch it out as soon as I find something else I'd like to try.

Dark40
October 28th, 2018, 08:53 PM
I change my products every week.

lenu60
November 5th, 2018, 07:19 PM
Every 3-4 days I switch products also helps with hair growth

RottenMango
May 7th, 2019, 12:49 AM
I only change products when I run out. I don’t like having multiples of the same product open at one time.

Begemot
May 7th, 2019, 01:06 AM
I try to use whole bottles before switching but will rotate products if my hair feels like it needs it or if I feel like trying a new product.

candyluna
May 7th, 2019, 11:13 AM
At the moment, way to much! Im just kind of addicted of trying out a lot of different shampoos, hair masks, conditioners, oils etc. I never can stick to just one of a kind. Maybe it's because I havent found the perfect products for my hair type.

Groovy Granny
May 7th, 2019, 02:54 PM
I use the same products weekly and only switch them once a month (silver) or quarterly (clarifying) and deep conditioning.

Kat-Rinnč Naido
May 25th, 2019, 01:39 AM
I don't intentionally rotate. It just depends on what I normally would use and availability.

The-Young-Maid
February 5th, 2020, 12:18 PM
I try to stick to one bottle til it's empty then switch to the next. Unless something really isn't working then I'll alternate with a second product. I don't think clarifying shampoo counts.

Fiorentina
December 12th, 2022, 10:31 AM
I was with the same every wash. - never change a winner team -

lapushka
December 12th, 2022, 05:18 PM
I try to live by that phrase also, never change a winning team... it's great; except I have so many products to use up. Still week to week, I am pretty consistent, until I finish up the bottle, then I go to something else, usually, especially when shampoo is concerned. Conditioner, I change up all of the time!

Glitch
December 12th, 2022, 05:36 PM
My products are just shampoo, conditioner and oil. I generally just finish whatever I'm using and then buy whatever next. After I finish my bottle of jojoba oil though, I'll go back to sunflower oil for good! My original bottle broke and I was curious about jojoba oil so I got it. However, I do indeed miss enjoying some sunflower!

Bri-Chan
December 12th, 2022, 06:49 PM
I usually have a main shampoo and 2-3 times a month I use an harsher one.
For conditioners and leave ins, I have things for different needs, so I choose from time to time.