PDA

View Full Version : Funny convo with my first client of the day yesterday....

rymorg2
January 25th, 2009, 09:59 AM
My first client yesterday was a woman....I got started cutting her hair, and we were discussing products.

Client: "You'd be surprised what I use on my hair for conditioner."

Me: "Try me."

Client: "Straight olive oil."

Me: (with a funny grin) "Oh, that doesn't surprise me; I oiled my hair this morning. I used argan oil though, not olive, but only because my hair doesn't like olive oil."

:D :eyebrows:

Isilme
January 25th, 2009, 10:18 AM
haha, I would have love to see her face! But seriousley, it's good to have at least some hairdressers who doesn't look at you like you had two heads when you mention the more unusal ways of caring for hair.

dorothea-brooke
January 25th, 2009, 10:33 AM
I once "confessed" (rather sheepishly) to my hairdresser (back when I used to get my hair cut!) that I only washed my hair about once a week -- and she said "Good for you! People wash their hair way too often."

So you never know what "naturopaths" are lurking out there in the hairdressing community.... Like rymorg.... ;)

Coriander
January 25th, 2009, 10:43 AM
I love it when that happens!

I've been to hairdressers that applaud me for growing my hair long "because you hardly see that anymore", but also have been to one or two who try to talk me into cutting it all off!!! :eek:

It's fun to see the reactions when I tell people I put coconut oil on my hair, or that I use "cones". They're like, "Huh?" :D

Katla
January 25th, 2009, 10:53 AM
I once "confessed" (rather sheepishly) to my hairdresser (back when I used to get my hair cut!) that I only washed my hair about once a week -- and she said "Good for you! People wash their hair way too often."

My hairdresser told me the same thing :D She didn't wash her hair more than every 4 days herself (she has BSL, curly hair... one of the reasons why I go there. Well, used to go. It's been a while since I last got my hair trimmed.)

Gingevere
January 25th, 2009, 11:35 AM
I've had some pretty bad experiences with hairdressers in my lifetime. But the woman who trimmed my hair the last couple of times was great; I told her, "half an inch off the ends, don't touch the layers" and that's exactly what she did. Maybe she understood because she had BSL hair, too.

RavennaNight
January 25th, 2009, 11:42 AM
That is amusing. I told a hair dresser once (3 years ago when I first started trying somehow to nourish my fried bleached then dyed hair) that I began using deep treatments of olive oil and she told me: "That's what they did in the old days. Nowadays we have all sorts of products for that. You're just making your hair greasy!" :bigeyes: Thankfully I wasnt in her chair, or her salon for that matter. It was just casual conversation with an acquaintance.

Johanna
January 25th, 2009, 05:33 PM
I told a hair dresser that I oiled my hair after she exclaimed "Wow your hair is so soft!"
She then proceeded to tell me off for putting strain on my hair, that the oil would be like deep frying my hair. she then proceeded to show me a few conditioners that cost upwards of $30.
Unfortunatly I was in her chair at that time and didn't have the same concept of measurements that I did.

I wish I could find an understanding hairdresser in my area. I'll have to call them up first to find out their veiws on oil treatments and extremely long hair.

Pierre
January 25th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Did she know what argan is?

MountainGypsy
January 25th, 2009, 10:19 PM
It is always fun to meet someone in the real world that understands!