PDA

View Full Version : hairtype help?

vampodrama
January 24th, 2009, 11:48 AM
I think I need help in deciding on my hair type... below is the pic of my hair, washed, uncombed (untouched pretty much during drying).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v68/vampodrama/my%20hair/011108.jpg

so... plz to be hair typing me? :cool:

NurseMama
January 24th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Looks like a 1c-2a to me. You have clear S waves there that are providing some body.

ETA: I realize that I am listed as a 1c-2a and am thinking that I need to rehairtype myself if you are a 1c-2a! Henna really has changed my hair.

luciole
January 24th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Yeah, it looks like 1c to me, too. For 1b it´s too "wavey".

Katze
January 24th, 2009, 12:10 PM
at least 1c, if not 2a - the waves are throughout.

Gingevere
January 24th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Here's a link to a helpful thread I found in the archives: http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=8954.

I agree with NurseMama, your hair's curliness looks about 1c to me.

vampodrama
January 24th, 2009, 01:03 PM
thanks everyone... I'm certainly surprised! I've always considered myself for a very straight-haired person, because when I comb my hair, it's totally straight... but combing and handling can do that, I suppose?

Gingevere
January 24th, 2009, 01:09 PM
thanks everyone... I'm certainly surprised! I've always considered myself for a very straight-haired person, because when I comb my hair, it's totally straight... but combing and handling can do that, I suppose?

I always thought I had stick-straight hair, but that was just because I was using a blow drier. Unless your hair is very fine, there's probably at least a little natural wave to it.

aisling
January 24th, 2009, 01:10 PM
You definitely have more waving going on there than what I have. The layers you have make it a bit hard to say, but I agree with the 1c-2a, you'll probably be able to tell later on.

This is the thing with the barely wavy types, combing especially when wet, drags out the waves and make it look very straight. You're definitely not the first to realise that you're actually a wavy haired girl, not a straight haired :)

granitbaby
January 24th, 2009, 01:15 PM
I agree with previous posters, you looks like a 1c-2a, maybe more on the 2a side.

You haircolour is gorgeous! Is it henna?

LadyMoon11
January 24th, 2009, 01:19 PM
You definitely have more waving going on there than what I have. The layers you have make it a bit hard to say, but I agree with the 1c-2a, you'll probably be able to tell later on.

This is the thing with the barely wavy types, combing especially when wet, drags out the waves and make it look very straight. You're definitely not the first to realise that you're actually a wavy haired girl, not a straight haired :)
Precicely...
I thought I was a 1a when I joined LHC. Now, after using less 'cones and combing/brushing less ,etc, I found I do have some wave in my hair.
I'd say you are a 1c... perhaps in time you will find 2a type waviness even.
Very pretty hair- I love the color and shine :D

vampodrama
January 24th, 2009, 01:29 PM
woo-hoo, I'm a wavy girl! :cheese:

my hair IS pretty fine and very slippery, though, so combing (even fingercombing 12 hours after fully dried!) makes it straight. but I have to admit that when I was growing my hair out from my almost-buzz-cut, I had a terrible manga-character thing going on for a long time, because the very ends of my hair flip up all over the place. so it probably makes it a little more wavy at the moment with all my layers and stuff.

and thank you granitbaby for your compliment! it is indeed henna you see ;)