PDA

View Full Version : Small change makes a big difference to updos.

pariate
January 23rd, 2009, 03:27 PM
http://www.longhairloom.com/changeyourlook.html

I tried doing this this evening and I really like it. I'm not very good with updos - I never seem to be able to change the way the front of my hair looks and it gets boring. This took me five seconds but makes a really nice change to the pinned semi-rat (aka mini quiff!) and the side part.

Anyhoo, just thought I'd share, on the off chance that someone else here is as useless with their hairstyles as me! :lol:

JamieLeigh
January 23rd, 2009, 03:37 PM
Haha, I've been doing that for years, since the side-swept bang made a popular appearance. And I've posted on how to do it, but I think this website you pointed us to actually shows a lot easier way to do it. Thanks! :D

karisaf
January 23rd, 2009, 03:40 PM
I like this look and need to try it! I don't see how you could do it with an updo though....wouldn't the bobby pin show?

mellie
January 23rd, 2009, 03:41 PM
That's super cute!!! I love it and I think I could do that 'do, it's not too complicated!

JamieLeigh
January 23rd, 2009, 03:44 PM
I like this look and need to try it! I don't see how you could do it with an updo though....wouldn't the bobby pin show?

If you tuck the pin under the top layer as you're putting it in, it shouldn't show at all. I haven't had any trouble with this before! :)

pariate
January 23rd, 2009, 03:46 PM
For an updo, I made the "bang" slightly thinner and just tucked it behind the ear. I guess the length of the hair would determine whether or not it works for everyone.

I've got a few shorter snippets around the front (cut them deliberately so that I could have them hang down artistically from updos :wink: ) and they're about 2 inches below my shoulders.

pariate
January 23rd, 2009, 03:47 PM
If you tuck the pin under the top layer as you're putting it in, it shouldn't show at all. I haven't had any trouble with this before! :)

Cross-post! That works too :D

joyfulmom4
January 23rd, 2009, 05:03 PM
Cool! Now why haven't I seen this before? What a great idea. I should try this.

pariate
January 24th, 2009, 09:07 AM
I managed to do it without a mirror this morning. I usually have to fix the front of my hair with a mirror even though I don't use one for the back. Hurrah! I don't have to look at myself at all unless I decide to put some concealer on the shadows under my eyes :p :lol:

Hue
January 24th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Thanks, that's great. New fun tricks. :)

Fairlight63
January 24th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the website. Lots of other interesting links to read there also.

I will have to try that idea on my bangs.

Tressie
January 24th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Thanks pariate! That is a good idea, and I plan on giving it a try! Hope I can manage to make it look right! (o:

pariate
January 25th, 2009, 04:34 AM
Tressie, if I can do it then anyone can! I'm not very good at styling my hair, that's why it's in the same updo all the time... :rolleyes:

plainjanegirl
January 28th, 2009, 12:00 AM
I need to try this for a softer look with my buns. Wish me luck.

Carolyn
January 28th, 2009, 06:57 AM
The Loom is a lovely long hair website. Many LHC'ers are members over there too. We did that little trick to aid in growing out bangs when I was in high school, way back in the late 60s. The growing out bangs were lightly teased in with the longer combed forward hair and pinned to the side.