PDA

View Full Version : Could it be . . . Waist Length!!!

MsHelena
January 23rd, 2009, 12:15 AM
I'm not a frequent poster, but I thought perhaps everyone could celebrate with me . . . I've hit waist length!

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q264/perpetualfreshman/Fine.jpg

I would really like to have a more "official" waist length picture, but there is just too much static in the air this evening to get it to lie flat and I only have a built in macbook camera. The plan now is to maintain for the next nine months to a year in order to cut off the last of the dye damage.

I had thought I was done at waist, but it doesn't feel long enough, so I'll be going for hip next.

eadwine
January 23rd, 2009, 12:22 AM
I am sorry, but no matter how far I light up my monitor, the part where your ends are remains one solid color, I cannot make it out.

MsHelena
January 23rd, 2009, 12:25 AM
I guess I should take a picture in a different color shirt, then. A lousy camera combined with bad lighting . . .

Janka
January 23rd, 2009, 12:31 AM
:cheer: Congratulations! :joy:
Well, if I concentrate a bit, I definitely see hair around wour waist even in that dark picture! ;)
It's great taht you reached your goal (and that you want more :D)
Keep up the good work! Happy growing!
J.

MsHelena
January 23rd, 2009, 12:36 AM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q264/perpetualfreshman/Fine2.jpg

That's a bit better. Hmm. Maybe it isn't quite waist . . . One of the downsides of being so tall.

Although, it's much clearer in that picture why I need to maintain and get rid of the dye damage . . .

Coriander
January 23rd, 2009, 12:53 AM
You know what? It looks like waist-length to me! It's hard to judge without actually seeing where your waist is :p but CONGRATULATIONS!

YOU know you've hit waist and that's what matters!

By the way, you have lovely hair :)

MsHelena
January 23rd, 2009, 12:56 AM
Honestly, even if I didn't crop the picture, you'd be hard pressed to find my waist. :p

Oh, and thank you!

Phalaenopsis
January 23rd, 2009, 12:59 AM
What is your hairtype? I'm curious, 'cause I think our hair looks alike.:)

Are you a darkblonde by any chance?

Either way, it's a beautiful length you've reached, congratulations!

Beloved
January 23rd, 2009, 01:02 AM
Congrats! I don't see any damage. But that is a flattering length and your hair looks full and thick, so nothing wrong with maintaining!

MsHelena
January 23rd, 2009, 01:24 AM
Thank you!

I haven't quite figured out the hairtyping system. I know I'm a ii/iii. I was a iii, but I had a major shed. It seems to be filling back out, though. I'm going to guess it's 1b and fine.

My hair is dark blonde. It's lighter than it looks in either picture, though.

The damage is pretty serious, but I'm glad it's not coming across too much in the picture. I have what I call "tree splits", in that I have branches coming off of individual strands (one single piece) of hair. It's only on the area where I dyed my hair pink, though, so I think that once I cut all of it off, I won't have any more of the split issues that I have now.

LutraLutra
January 23rd, 2009, 01:28 AM
Congrats on having lovely hair - whatever lenght it is. :)

Elphie
January 23rd, 2009, 03:02 AM
I don't see any damage here. Nice, thick waist-length hemline! Congratulations!

Charli800
January 23rd, 2009, 03:39 AM
Wow, you have lovely hair. I can't see any damage either :) Congrats!

Just_Isabel
January 23rd, 2009, 04:06 AM
Congrats, Miss L, for reaching waist! ;) :cheer:
Your ends look so thick! :bounce: Whatever you decide to do (trim or not trim), your hair looks great now (at least from what I can see, I don't see the splits) and I'm sure it will look even better once you reach your goals. :crush:

DecafJane
January 23rd, 2009, 04:55 AM
It looks lovely! Congratulations.

jojo
January 23rd, 2009, 05:19 AM
Yep that is waist, well done and I am pleased you have decided to grow longer, I look forward to your ? August photos saying ' hey ive hit hip!'

plainjanegirl
January 23rd, 2009, 05:50 AM
That looks great. Such a nice thick hemline and no obvious damage showing in that pic. Congrats on meeting your goal!

Radulfr
January 23rd, 2009, 05:57 AM
Congratulations on reaching waist-length!
Keep it growing! :)

Anje
January 23rd, 2009, 06:12 AM
I'd say it looks like waist length.

Here: I increased the gamma on the first image for you:
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/588/mshelenawaistgt6.th.jpg (http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mshelenawaistgt6.jpg)

Tressie
January 23rd, 2009, 07:42 AM
I don't see ANY damage, just a lovely head of thick, shiny, waist length hair with a lovely even/thick hem line! (o:

rags
January 23rd, 2009, 07:46 AM
I can't see damage in either photo - I think your hair is very lovely. So thick!

harley mama
January 23rd, 2009, 07:48 AM
I think it is waist length, too. :D
Congratulations on a huge milestone!

JamieLeigh
January 23rd, 2009, 10:06 AM
Your pic looks waist to me. Congrats on reaching a hair goal! :bottomsup:

And it looks very nice and thick, and healthy to me. I can't even tell by the pic that there is damage. Keep up the awesome work, and I'll see you at hip in no time! ;)

nappywomyn
January 23rd, 2009, 10:29 AM
:thud:

So thick!! So pretty!! How did I ever not notice how THICK it is??? Gorgeous, gorgeous, and while you might see damage, it looks perfectly lovely and shiny and healthy to me.

Just_Isabel
January 23rd, 2009, 10:32 AM
:thud:

So thick!! So pretty!! How did I ever not notice how THICK it is??? Gorgeous, gorgeous, and while you might see damage, it looks perfectly lovely and shiny and healthy to me.

Isn't it? :crush:

And doesn't her hair remind you of Igor's hair? :eyebrows:

Ryanne
January 23rd, 2009, 10:48 AM
Lovely hair, it looks waist to me. Congrats!

Butterflylady
January 23rd, 2009, 11:15 AM
Congratulations! Your hair is beautiful. So thick and it looks healthy in the picture. I'm jealous! I can't wait to have waist-length hair.

sissadawn
January 23rd, 2009, 11:18 AM
Congatulations! And lovely hair!

lapushka
January 23rd, 2009, 11:25 AM
Amazing! Congratulations on reaching your goal!

Fillette
January 23rd, 2009, 01:12 PM
Congratulations! your hair looks great :)

Dez
January 23rd, 2009, 01:46 PM
You have really pretty hair! way to go on reaching waist!

neon-dream
January 23rd, 2009, 01:49 PM
That's a bit better. Hmm. Maybe it isn't quite waist . . . One of the downsides of being so tall.

Ohh I know the feeling!!!
Hair seems to take forever to reach between milestones, it's probably the only downside to being tall.. except for finding jeans long enough ofcourse!
Your hair is beautiful by the way :)

maunaloa
January 23rd, 2009, 02:29 PM
That is awesome! It looks great. :)

xrosiex
January 23rd, 2009, 03:27 PM
Congratulations. You have really pretty waist length hair.:)

JamieLeigh
January 23rd, 2009, 03:46 PM
Ohh I know the feeling!!!
Hair seems to take forever to reach between milestones

Doesn't it? LOL, I have a feeling that once I finally get to classic, I'll have such a long drudge to knee. I love my long legs...but I'm starting to hate them in regards to my hair length. :rolleyes:

Curlsgirl
January 23rd, 2009, 03:54 PM
Very pretty!!! Congratulations! :cheese:

Katahdin
January 23rd, 2009, 06:04 PM
Definitely waist.

I LOVE your hemline!

kam984420
January 23rd, 2009, 08:11 PM
Congrats! Your hair is very beautiful. I cant wait to get my hair down to my waist! Happy growing!:cheese:

MsHelena
January 23rd, 2009, 11:13 PM
I'm really very overwhelmed by all these lovely compliments from people with such beautiful hair. I can see how LHC can be addictive!

MissBellydance
January 23rd, 2009, 11:29 PM
Congrats! Your hair looks lovely :) That is the length I am hoping to achieve! That's awesome.

Just_Isabel
January 24th, 2009, 02:32 AM
I'm really very overwhelmed by all these lovely compliments from people with such beautiful hair. I can see how LHC can be addictive!

And once you get into the blogging thing (writing your own, participating in others) it gets even more addictive. :eyebrows:
Just saying... :laugh:

nappywomyn
January 26th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Isn't it? :crush:

And doesn't her hair remind you of Igor's hair? :eyebrows:

Ooooh, it DOES!!!!! So pretty.

And once you get into the blogging thing (writing your own, participating in others) it gets even more addictive. :eyebrows:
Just saying... :laugh:

*hides*

FB
January 26th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Congrats!!!!! Your hair is beautiful and thick. I am shotting for my waist right now and then who knows. I hope mine will be as pretty as yours.

Alley Cat
January 26th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Lovely hair , congratulations. :cheese:

harpyangel
January 26th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Congratulations, I'm going for waist too. Your hair looks so thick and healthy!

Angelina x