PDA

View Full Version : Length picture - just because, AKA I like my hair for once

Loviatar
January 22nd, 2009, 05:53 PM
I had to take this shot. I'm going to make it my new avatar when I get time, but for now, I just wanted to swank. :lol: For once I am happy with how my hair looks in a photo.

For the uninitiated or non-blog readers: freshly washed hair with Boots Naked Softness shampoo (sulphate free), conditioned with Superdrug Coconut and Almond (cone free). Air dried and fingercombed with no leave-ins or aloe gel. Once completely dry I brushed gently with a Denman brush.

The length is one application of Punjabi Prime henna over one application of Rajasthani henna over Nutrisse 40 Walnut semi permanent dye (which was applied to cover bleach damage) and the crown to tops of ears is one application of Punjabi Prime over virgin hair. The colour in the first shot is pretty close to reality although the length is not quite as dark as it appears. And yes, the red really is that red in the 2nd photo showing my bangs/fringe.

I forgot to add I am about an inch and a half to maybe 2 inches from BSL. WOO!

From the back:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/Kate_Blacksmith/DSC02866.jpg

From the front:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/Kate_Blacksmith/DSC02862.jpg

Yay!

jojo
January 22nd, 2009, 05:55 PM
Your hair looks really shiny and long, I love this conditioner myself, the smell is addictive!

OhioLisa
January 22nd, 2009, 05:58 PM
OOOOhhh, Lovi! Your hair looks so silky! Love the color and shine! :flower:

Dianyla
January 22nd, 2009, 06:01 PM
Well aren't you just as cute as a button! :eyebrows:

And the blinding shine from the hair! :thud:

Nat242
January 22nd, 2009, 06:08 PM
Such a pretty colour! The shine is amazing. You have such a cute smile! I think I'll join the :thudpile:

eaglefeather71
January 22nd, 2009, 06:22 PM
Beautiful colors and awesome shine! Love it!

spidermom
January 22nd, 2009, 06:25 PM
You should have warned everybody to put on their sunglasses; what incredible shine!

Coriander
January 22nd, 2009, 06:43 PM
*gropes blindly about for keyboard*

Incredible hair. I love the color and shine!!!

paper
January 22nd, 2009, 06:45 PM
Just beautiful! Your hair looks so healthy and shiny. And, it sure is getting long!

Elphie
January 22nd, 2009, 06:46 PM
It gleams! Keep up the good work, it's working for ya!

lora410
January 22nd, 2009, 06:51 PM
Very shiny and what beautiful color!!

maunaloa
January 22nd, 2009, 07:31 PM
It looks great - very shiny and healthy.

MountainGypsy
January 22nd, 2009, 07:35 PM
Beautiful hair, shine, color and I love the skull :D

Aisha25
January 22nd, 2009, 07:42 PM
Pretty I like the color and you are toooo cute;) beautiful smile:D

cindy58
January 22nd, 2009, 07:45 PM
Lovely shiny hair and great smile!

Aeasa
January 22nd, 2009, 07:51 PM
I love your hair...plus it's so multidimensional. Amazing!

Carolyn
January 22nd, 2009, 07:56 PM
I love your color. It's so rich and shiny! You've really grown too.

Fillette
January 22nd, 2009, 08:44 PM
oooooohhhh so shiny! your hair looks very healthy and the color is beautiful!

nienna42
January 22nd, 2009, 08:57 PM
Loviatar, I always think your hair is pretty.

But it does look especially pretty in these pictures. :thud:

GlassEyes
January 22nd, 2009, 09:19 PM
Really pretty hair, and the bangs suit you. :) So shiny.

Rini
January 22nd, 2009, 10:12 PM
Oh Lovi...it's LOVELY :flowers: So shiny and incredible length progress! Thank you so much for sharing that :)

RavennaNight
January 22nd, 2009, 10:55 PM
Your hair looks shiny & really improved. Do I see swords in tha background? :)

Robbi Dehlinger
January 22nd, 2009, 11:20 PM
Hi Lovi!

Sooooooooo NICE!:)

Ryanne
January 22nd, 2009, 11:41 PM
Pretty hair, very silky and shiny!

Teazel
January 23rd, 2009, 12:02 AM
Ooh, shiny! And such a lovely colour. :)

LutraLutra
January 23rd, 2009, 01:33 AM
Sooo shiny, your hair looks fab, and I love the colour. It's great when people enjoy their hair, so swank with pride. :D

CeliahAnn
January 23rd, 2009, 01:40 AM
Beautiful and such a lovely vibrant colour.

winter_star
January 23rd, 2009, 01:56 AM
very, VERY pretty!

Margeaux
January 23rd, 2009, 04:00 AM
Your hair has crazy shine! Well done you!

One question, though: hair length. You say you're nearing BSL now, but isn't BSL quite a bit longer? I thought BSL hair would fully cover your boobs since the bra strap is located right at the bottom of those? What you have now seems more like APL to me. I don't want to be offensive, I'm just curious about these confusing hair lengths! :D

DavidN
January 23rd, 2009, 04:26 AM
Oh my goodness, Lovi! Look at how long your hair is getting, and it is filled with so much shine, and the colour is beautiful!

MunchkinBubble
January 23rd, 2009, 04:37 AM
Look at that shine!!! Wow!
I love the color too!

Amoretti
January 23rd, 2009, 05:43 AM
You and your hair look great, Lovi! :thud:
I just love you without bangs!

SHELIAANN1969
January 23rd, 2009, 05:52 AM
I love the hair, adore the smile and I dig that skull! ;)

Your hair looks so nice and shiny and lovely!!! :flower:

almudena
January 23rd, 2009, 06:10 AM
Wow Lovi :thud: You and your hair look absolutely stunning :inlove:

LadyMoon11
January 23rd, 2009, 06:17 AM
Oh wow- your hair is beautiful! The color is so rich and sparkle-y with such shine :inlove:

I also was staring at the stuff in the background, and I love the skull! :D

backtolonghair
January 23rd, 2009, 07:39 AM
:hifive: Aww.. your hair looks so beautious! And lovely color and shine too!:sun:

God bless

Loviatar
January 23rd, 2009, 07:52 AM
Hee hee - this is taken in my BF's bedroom. The skull, axe, and swords all belong to him. There is a latex and foam shield on the opposite wall. We are LARP geeks, but the axe and swords are real :) The skull's name is Elvis. :)

I am now confused about BSL. I have always thought of BSL as "when your hair is touching bra strap at the back" - in the line that you measure, so from the front hairline to the ends. But Margeaux said I might not be BSL for a while because my hair wasnt BSL in front... I was APL - or something like that? My hair is shorter in front than in back due to layers and old damage. If the back reaches BSL, then surely I can count it as BSL? Do I have to wait until all of the broken bits at the front reach that length, like if it was blunt cut all the way round? Because that's going to take a looooong time!

(if it has to cover my boobs before it's BSL, that's going to take a long time too... I have a lot to cover :snigger: )

Thank you for all the compliments on the shine and colour. I cannot believe that the shine is just from henna, honey, and going sulphate and cone free. I dont know how I get more shine from no cones, but I do. Much shinier than my avatar/profile as it is now. Maybe it's the henna. I don't SMT either. I can never get the mix curdle-free. :(

I went round BF's flat last night squeaking "I got a thud from Dianyla! And my own thudpile!" and he was all "huh?" :lol:

Morticia
January 23rd, 2009, 09:17 AM
Soooo pretty! And Lovi looks gorgeous!!!

(I was probably almost hip length before my hair would cover my boobs. I counted BSL in the back as the bottom of my bra-strap, which meant that it was only 4 inches away from waist. It was that trip from shoulder to BSL that seemed to take forever and ever.)

ole gray mare
January 23rd, 2009, 09:25 AM
Oooh, such pretty shiny hair! And the gleam in your eyes is irresistable!

JamieLeigh
January 23rd, 2009, 09:33 AM
I like your hair too! Lovely pics, thank you for sharing! That color is beautiful. :)

squiggyflop
January 23rd, 2009, 09:45 AM
:shocked:soo shiny..

sneakybea
January 23rd, 2009, 09:52 AM
Very shiny, and I love the color! Lovely!

LaurelSpring
January 23rd, 2009, 10:17 AM
Beautiful color! Thanks for posting. Isnt it great when it all comes together.

suicides_eve
January 23rd, 2009, 10:30 AM
yea Loviatar!!! Looks so pretty!! you'll hit bsl in no time girl p.s love the skull on the tv!! i have the one with horns:demon::D

Dez
January 23rd, 2009, 02:12 PM
your hair is so shiny and pretty! jealous over here! ;)

maybe everyone measures different? I'd say if your longest hair hits bra strap I would consider it BSL. That's how i'll measure mine because i have layers. my hair would be below waist if i waited for my shortest layers to reach BSL. There's alot of women on here with layered hair also who i think measure with their longest hair layer.

dearladydisdain
January 23rd, 2009, 02:21 PM
Your hair is so pretty and shiny! Love it! :)

StarShine
January 23rd, 2009, 07:17 PM
Your hair looks great. Healthy, shiny and so THICK! I'm glad to see that you've found a routine that's working for you!

tiny_teesha
January 23rd, 2009, 07:58 PM
That is some shiny hair, also love the horsie statue thingy in the background! Are you planning on having all your hair bright red like that someday? I think that would be rad!

Unicorn
January 23rd, 2009, 10:02 PM
Wow the shine is amazing, beautiful colour, beautiful hair.

Unicorn