PDA

View Full Version : Hair over clothes

practikalmagik
January 22nd, 2009, 02:35 AM
I just realised this morning that since I've grown my hair longer, I can spend more time deciding what style to do with it then what I should wear that day. (Me? Indecisive?!) Why would anyone want short hair you can only do one thing with!

Hee hee.

Anyone else have times like that?

tiny_teesha
January 22nd, 2009, 03:50 AM
Um...I'm lazy so i do the same style...I should try different things but i've forgotten lots of styles!

OhioLisa
January 22nd, 2009, 04:40 AM
Not only do I spend a lot of time on deciding which style, but also what accessory to wear. Oy! And to top it off, I then coordinate what I am wearing based on what's in my hair, not the other way around. It's a sickness, I tell you. :silly:

Remke
January 22nd, 2009, 06:58 AM
Um...I'm lazy so i do the same style...I should try different things but i've forgotten lots of styles!

Yep, that's what's happening here also :rolleyes:

But I'm so happy for you that yu're thing more about your hair. Everyone should do so :D Even my bf noticed that soms girls/woman are dressed beautifully but then they have their hair with some ugly plastic clip in an unflattering updo mess.

Linda K
January 22nd, 2009, 07:14 AM
I then coordinate what I am wearing based on what's in my hair, not the other way around. It's a sickness, I tell you. :silly:

Oh to be so sick~!!!~ :happydance: I've started looking at hair toys in anticipation of having the 'problem'!

Copasetic
January 22nd, 2009, 07:21 AM
I am still completely clueless about clothes ;)

Carolyn
January 22nd, 2009, 07:26 AM
:D I hear ya! Sometimes it's all about the outfit and the hair and hair toys have to be chosen for it. Some days it's all about the hair style and I pick an outfit to go with that. I just go with what I feel like for the day and the the occasion and try to have fun with it.

meriellyn
January 22nd, 2009, 07:31 AM
I'm starting to think hair-first now because I'm just starting to learn how to put it up so it's an adventure and I can't wait to try some stuff.

That and I don't have much by way of winter clothes in the first place and really need to do laundry so snazzy outfits aren't my first thought at the moment. Lol.

MsBubbles
January 22nd, 2009, 07:38 AM
I am still completely clueless about clothes ;)

Same here :). Only difference now with longer hair I can narrow down what days I wear my 'silkier' tops (on hair wash, or hair down days), and what days I wear my woolly tops (dirty hair or hair up days).

<She>
January 22nd, 2009, 09:24 AM
Well, I know what style my hair will be in every day- that's a single English braid. And, come to think of it, I don't think much about my clothes either. I'm no fun.:neutral:

Rohele
January 22nd, 2009, 10:52 AM
I've been known to plan out hairstyles the evening before, when I've had it long. And the choosing of clothes based on hair accessories thing? Done that too.

At the moment i can only do one updo, and I tossed almost of my old hair stuff when I cut it short last time, but since discovering this site, and the links to all the hairtoy sellers (which I'm resisting at the moment, since I don't have enough hair yet), I'm predicting I will have problems in the future.:D

AJoifulNoise
January 22nd, 2009, 11:00 AM
I stick to the same 2 styles usually: cinnabun and figure 8. Sometimes I do braid(s). On rare occassions I do something else entirely. Usually the only reason I take so much time to do my hair is that I get lazy about putting it up altogether.

LaurelSpring
January 22nd, 2009, 11:14 AM
Every morning I get up and do my yoga and meditation. The first thing I meditate on is how Im going to wear my hair that day! I let it just pop into my head and thats the do for the day.

Charli800
January 23rd, 2009, 05:36 AM
Hair is way more interesting. Clothes you choose and then wear. Hair you try a new style and it doesn't work and you adapt it and you realise you're having a frizzy day and you steal your sister's hairpins.:D Why wouldn't I choose the hairstyle first?

maunaloa
January 23rd, 2009, 03:34 PM
I usually don't like to spend too much time on my hair because I'd rather sleep. :)

Elphie
January 23rd, 2009, 03:41 PM
Hair over clothes

I'm having a dyslexic moment and I'm reading the title in reverse (clothes over hair) which tends to be a HUGE problem for me. I wind up styling my hair and then I have to go and pull a shirt over it and mess things up.

Must buy more things with buttons.

JamieLeigh
January 23rd, 2009, 04:59 PM
I don't spend even 1/100th of the time I spend styling my hair, on my clothing! LOL, I just wear whatever is comfortable and practical for what we're doing. I am a mom of five young kids...it's hard to be fashionable in that situation anyway. ;)

JamieLeigh
January 23rd, 2009, 05:01 PM
Hair is way more interesting. Clothes you choose and then wear. Hair you try a new style and it doesn't work and you adapt it and you realise you're having a frizzy day and you steal your sister's hairpins.:D Why wouldn't I choose the hairstyle first?

I agree! What can you do with a shirt that doesn't fit properly, or that you get tired of after wearing a couple of times? How many times can you go to your sewing machine and re-make the entire garment? (And who would honestly want to spend that much time on a shirt, when you could be learning yet ANOTHER updo?) :D

slz
January 23rd, 2009, 05:33 PM
Well, I know what style my hair will be in every day- that's a single English braid. And, come to think of it, I don't think much about my clothes either. I'm no fun.:neutral:
Same here :D. Maybe once a month at most I'll wear my hair down or in my own private ugly style w/ ugly plastic jaw clip because I was in a big hurry in the morning - but that's all. Oh and twice a year, two side braids. Thinking about what I will be able to wear next day without looking inappropriate (skirt too short, pants too baggy, whathaveyou ...) for my new teaching job is already more hassle than I ever put before in such matters in my life :p.
But I've decided to change the "single english braid only" part - tomorrow I start with trying my first rope braid. Wish me luck :p .

I'm having a dyslexic moment and I'm reading the title in reverse (clothes over hair) which tends to be a HUGE problem for me. I wind up styling my hair and then I have to go and pull a shirt over it and mess things up.
Yep first thing that came to my mind upon reading the title too - then I opened the thread and finally got it :o.

practikalmagik
January 24th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Hair over clothes

I'm having a dyslexic moment and I'm reading the title in reverse (clothes over hair) which tends to be a HUGE problem for me.

Lol I was writing the title first thing in the morning upon the realisation that I was dressed in a few minutes and still couldn't decide on my hair for the day. So blame my early morning influence on the title.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is a bit indifferent with clothes but loves their hair styles.

Speckla
January 24th, 2009, 03:54 PM
My hair is a no-brainer these days. Sides and bangs up with clips or barrettes, and the back down and loose. I do match them to the color of my shirt. :)
________
Perpetual Insurance Dicussion (http://www.insurance-forums.org/perpetual-insurance/)

Arriens
January 25th, 2009, 01:20 PM
As english is not my first language, I read it as "I have hair over my clothing" and thoughd "erm, don't we all have that here:rolleyes:" :whistle:

RavennaNight
January 25th, 2009, 02:20 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread about fabric and hair, roughness, static, and lint and other things that happen when long hair interferes with clothing. But yes! Decisions decisions. Sock bun?a stick? Down? Braid? What kind? Oh crap I'm late for work. Quick stick. Done.