PDA

View Full Version : My version of the Caramel Treatment.

GlassEyes
March 27th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Any reason why it's called the caramel treatment anyway?

Moving on.

So I wanted to do a caramel treatment since my hair was feeling like crud for the last few days, and SMT's haven't been working as well. However, I didn't have the ingredients on hand, so I altered the recipe a bit, and quite randomly.

Here's what I used.

1 whole Mango, pureed.
1/4th cup olive oil
1/4th cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon jojoba (for kicks)
1 container organic banana drinkable yogurt (had it on hand) (it's for babies)
2-3 tablespoons molasses (running low)
1/4-1/3 cup honey.

Most of these are estimated. I stuck the ingredients in the blender as normal, and then added two capfuls or so of ACV.

It came out fairly thin, so I put it in Tupperware containers to save for later (I have a few more treatments in the fridge...not sure how well they'll hold up), and then added conditioner (Suave Juciy Green Apple) and it thickened right up. I didn't add much, maybe a squeeze or two.

I left it on my hair for two and a half hours or so, and my hair has been happier since. Seriously. XD I also rinsed using another cone free conditioner, V05 Pomegranate Grapeseed or something like that. It was awesome.

I really had no reason for the ingredients and the addition of mango. I was basically throwing random stuff in. I thought it might interest some people to know that mango can work too. xD I debated putting mayo in too, but couldn't find any.

Oh, and the conditioner covered up the smell somewhat. ^_^ When I run out of current treatments, I'm going to try baby food and possibly canteloupe.

Girltron
March 28th, 2008, 03:57 AM
That's interesting. The Mango might have just acted as a nice carrier for the other stuff, but it probably also has some scalp-nourishing properties with the vitamins, etc.

Along those lines, I recommend that you try apple instead of mango next time, along with the oils and the oilier fruits like banana. Apple is great as a skin tonic, and should work fabulously on the scalp.

I'd try pineapple or green papaya for flakes or itchy scalp, but maybe not leave them on very long due to the higher AHA content. It might not be great for the hair, though good for the scalp.