PDA

View Full Version : Hair and travel dilema

Jostar
January 21st, 2009, 04:24 AM
Now I have (almost) finished my degree :cheese: my partner and I are going to go traveling for a month to Mexico. I can't practice until I am registered and that takes 2 months anyway so this is the ideal opportunity. Now my ends are really damaged and they need a trim. Should I have it done before I go or wait until I come back so that any sun damage can be removed at the same time. The point of doing it now I suppose is to prevent any more damage and to make my hair look better and less scraggy at the ends. I wonder what all you hair experts think.

logica_divina
January 21st, 2009, 07:09 AM
I'd say do a trim now and then stick with s&d when you come back. Or whatever works for you. There's no wrong way..

And yeah, have a great time in Mexico, you lucky lady! :D

Silverlox
January 21st, 2009, 07:21 AM
I'm with logica_divina on this one. Damage has a very unpleasant way of travelling upwards, meaning that if you wait and trim when you get home, you might have to trim a lot more than you'd be happy with. :wail:

My advice is to trim now, travel with healthy hair and try to protect the hair as much as practically possible while in Mexico. This doesn't mean having to spend hours babying it. If you just wear it up a lot and wear a hat in the sun, it'll probably not be more damaged while on holiday, than if you'd been at home.

For comparison, I spend approx 2 months every summer by the seaside in the south of Spain, following the above rules. So far I've yet to see any bad effects on my hair. I have baby fine hair that's easily damaged, but it's holding up just fine without having to spend half my vacations pampering my hair.

Above all else, - enjoy this wonderful holiday! :thumbsup: