PDA

View Full Version : His hair is gone :(

CourtneyS
January 21st, 2009, 12:10 AM
Im sure you will all understand.. Today my 4 year old got ahold of some scissors and cut my 3 years old.. My 3 year old had NEVER had a haircut. He had a few surgeries when he was smaller and had to have it shaved but has not had it messed with since March of 2006... Thats almost 3 years of growth... all gone.

Pictures here:

<link removed>

LadyEliza
January 21st, 2009, 01:01 AM
Awwww, he is still cute!!!

DecafJane
January 21st, 2009, 01:56 AM
He is so young and it will grow back really quickly. :) *hugs*
He is still beautiful! Think of what a funny story it will be at their twenty-firsts!

Johanna
January 21st, 2009, 02:13 AM
Oh no, he had such cute curls too!
It's kind of funny how kids always seem to give themselves, or their siblings hair cuts just days before school or family photos. My sister has a few photos where she has a stubby section of hair plaited down the side of her face with shirt tuffs sticking out.

camara
January 21st, 2009, 03:36 AM
I&#180;m sorry this happened, but i think it is considered to be an important part of one&#180;s childhood, along with breaking at least one arm or leg.

At least, you&#180;re done with the hair cutting thing now! ;)

Calista
January 21st, 2009, 03:40 AM
IŽd be more concerned about a 4-year-old getting hold of scissors! :scared:

Alia
January 21st, 2009, 07:53 AM
We've all been told to keep scissors and such away from kids at all times because of stuff like this, but, when they get to school, the teachers are all like, "Why doesn't DS know how to cut with scissors, yet?":rolleyes: Anyway, don't worry. He's quite young and has a lot of hair-growing years ahead of him. :)

Elphie
January 21st, 2009, 07:58 AM
(((hugs)))

Been there! My guys are almost three years apart and the oldest chopped off his little brother's hair when he was about two, right before holdiay photos. Only the front, mind you, was snipped to his little skull in a zigzag pattern, while the back remained normal. I can remember everyone telling me it would be funny years from now (and it is) but then? Oh, I was heartbroken!

joyfulmom4
January 21st, 2009, 08:50 AM
:grouphug:

I am so sorry. I totally understand. I have four kids. So far, three out of four have cut their hair at some point. Dd#1 cut her mid-back length hair up around her ears. Ds cut his right to the scalp. Dd#4 just whacked off some assorted lengths of bangs in her all-over-APL hair. Dd#2, ever the obedient, conscientious one, chose to cut her Barbie doll's hair instead. :D

I know it grows back and I had to keep telling myself that, but all the same, it sure is disappointing, huh?

CourtneyS
January 21st, 2009, 12:09 PM
He is generally very responsible. He knows how to handle scissors and what to do with them and what not to do with them but he literally climbed a stool to reach these scissors. Its not like I leave them laying out for him to get ahold of.

spidermom
January 21st, 2009, 12:12 PM
Take pictures; you will want to look back on this some day and smile. My DD cut the top of her own hair very short when she was around 4. So I gave her a pixie. I do have a picture of the pixie, but I wish I had one of what she did before I "fixed it".

jera
January 21st, 2009, 01:04 PM
Awww, so sorry to hear that. But keep those scissors away from the kids or even worse could happen. :confused: I'm sorry he cut off his gorgeous hair, but what if he'd poked out an eye. The hair will grow back at least. Hugs.

SHELIAANN1969
January 21st, 2009, 01:21 PM
Kids are curious, they do things that are completly unfathomable to us but they think it was a neat idea :D

All is well, it stinks but, his hair will grow, just make sure he doesn't want revenge!! haha :eyebrows:

He is generally very responsible. He knows how to handle scissors and what to do with them and what not to do with them but he literally climbed a stool to reach these scissors. Its not like I leave them laying out for him to get ahold of.

noelgirl
January 21st, 2009, 02:41 PM
Sorry to hear that! Kids do that, though. My mom even still tells the story of when it almost happened to her! When she was little (maybe 2), she had curls, and one day my uncle, who was about 4 at the time, snuck up on her with scissors. Before he could use them, though, my grandma came in and asked him what he was doing. He said to her, "I just wanted the little wiggly one!"

SimplyLonghair
January 21st, 2009, 02:49 PM
I understand, as all parents of more than one child does! Sibling hair cuts! It will grow back! <<Hugs!>>

Vyo
January 21st, 2009, 06:22 PM
We've all been told to keep scissors and such away from kids at all times because of stuff like this, but, when they get to school, the teachers are all like, "Why doesn't DS know how to cut with scissors, yet?":rolleyes:
Ever hear of safety scissors?

Shandra
January 21st, 2009, 08:38 PM
Even safety scissors will cut hair... :)