View Full Version : I Survived a Waterpark!

nimeera
January 20th, 2009, 02:24 PM
We went to Great Wolf Lodge this weekend. It is a huge water park inside a hotel. Last time I went with a braid, and ended up with a mess of tangles. The elastic would slip out and the braid would unravel in all the water slides, pools, and of course, the wave pool. This time, I braided, then wrapped it into a bun secured with six little 8-legged plastic claws made for fine hair. They have a non-slip rubber coating on the inside to keep them in your hair.

Well, the only time they even slipped a little is once when the big bucket dumped on my head (1000 gallons of water!). The middle of the bun popped out. So I tucked it back in and adjusted two clamps, and went back to chasing my daughters through the park.

Both days when I combed out my hair, there was almost NO tangles! I didn’t bother to wash my hair as I figured the less I did with it, the better. Tonight, I will be treating with a light shampoo to get out all the chorine, followed by a conditioning and oil.

My most favorite part: My husband surprised me with a Swedish foot massage at their salon. The masseuse asked me to let down my hair as the foot massage starts with a scalp, neck, shoulder massage (oh GOODY!). He was a little surprised because my hair is very fine and makes a nothing bun, but when I let it out it is long and wavy. :bigeyes:

Elleyena
January 20th, 2009, 02:51 PM
That's wonderful! I know how tangly hair can get after swimming and waterpark adventures. That massage also sounds great...you are so lucky!

Isilme
January 20th, 2009, 03:03 PM
sounds good, and great that he gave you a massage. But a swedish foot massage? lol, that must have been something they have made up because I have never heard of such a thing and I have lived here all my life! :lol:

nimeera
January 20th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Oh, believe me, I was not complaining!