PDA

View Full Version : Member Numbers Changed?

snowbear
March 8th, 2008, 02:38 PM
I'm now in the 3k, rather than the 4k. Is this because older accounts were purged? I went to go my old profile, by typing in my number, and I got someone else's profile, entirely. :lol:

harpgal
March 8th, 2008, 04:41 PM
That's my guess, snowbear. I noticed it too. And thank you for all of your help in this forum. It is much appreciated!

snowbear
March 8th, 2008, 04:46 PM
That makes sense. Fewer accounts frees up more server space.

Oh, and you're quite welcome! :grin:

Carolyn
March 8th, 2008, 05:02 PM
I've looked all over my new profile page and I can't find my member number. It used to be 41. Where do I find it? Oh so many new things to learn!

snowbear
March 8th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I've looked all over my new profile page and I can't find my member number. It used to be 41. Where do I find it? Oh so many new things to learn!
If you view your profile, it's in the url. You're now member 37!

Carolyn
March 8th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Thanks Snowbear! I knew you'd know the answer! Movin' on up......

snowbear
March 8th, 2008, 05:09 PM
You're quite welcome!

I've gone from 4600 to 3028. Who knew there were so many inactive members? According to the memberlist, we're now at 5974 members. Wow.

Cinnamon Hair
March 9th, 2008, 03:37 AM
Wow that is quite a jump Snowbear! I used to be # 69 and now I'm 62, not as much fun.

I noticed sometimes in the Google cached pages of old LHC the member name and photo don't match on posts there. I remember seeing one that was very obviously wrong but I don't have the link for it. Kinda funny though to see one person's name and someone else's avatar pic.

Calista
March 9th, 2008, 04:42 AM
According to the memberlist, we're now at 5974 members. Wow.
According to the statistics on the start page we are at 13,540 or so members. Surely we havenīt almost tripled during the last 24 hours? :confused:

Dianyla
March 9th, 2008, 05:35 AM
I used to be # 69 and now I'm 62, not as much fun.
*giggle*

Yeah, I was something around 1200 before and now I'm 844. As far as I can tell all of the old gaps in numbering were collapsed when the membership was migrated. Gaps are created when old accounts (zeroposters, usually) are deleted after a long period of inactivity.

I haven't yet investigated what the deal is with the high numbers... I have a feeling that we had to keep incrementing the uid from the same number we left off with at the old forums, even though there may not be that many users anymore.

snowbear
March 9th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Wow that is quite a jump Snowbear! I used to be # 69 and now I'm 62, not as much fun.
I think it's because there were a lot in inactive members in the 3k-4k range--but the earlier members (#1-100) were there from the beginning, and have stayed around.

According to the statistics on the start page we are at 13,540 or so members. Surely we havenīt almost tripled during the last 24 hours? :confused:
I have no idea why the heck that is. I think Dianyla's right.