PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried goody's version of Good Day pins?

rymorg2
January 20th, 2009, 07:46 AM
I saw these at Walmart of all places....about the same price as the Good Day pins (which I love but constantly have to replace) and was wondering if anyone has tried them. If you've tried both and can compare that's even better LOL.....TIA!

Akiko
January 20th, 2009, 08:06 AM
rymorg, I think you forgot to link???:)

rymorg2
January 20th, 2009, 08:09 AM
rymorg, I think you forgot to link???:)

Nope, no link.....Good day pins are at Sallys and are plastic in clear or brown....the goody's ones are just like them but at Walmart.

Akiko
January 20th, 2009, 08:11 AM
O! No, link. I am sorry, rymorg.

rymorg2
January 20th, 2009, 08:17 AM
O! No, link. I am sorry, rymorg.

That's ok....;)

AJoifulNoise
January 20th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Are these the ones you're talking about?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2009/100_4608.jpg

If so... I love them and they are the only kind of pin I use (on the rare occasion that I use pins). They hold like nothing else I've tried. Though, I have not tried any that need to be bought online, nor any from Sallys. The only drawback of these pins is that you may need to file down some rough spots. Only takes a moment and a nail file.

rymorg2
January 20th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Yes, those are the ones...

I have Good Day pins already and love them. But while I was in my local walmart I found some by Goody that are the same. I was wanting to compare them. I don't get mine online either.....sorry for the confusion.

Thanks!

kdaniels8811
January 20th, 2009, 08:55 AM
I have used them (the Goody brand) for years and they are fine. I have noticed very little rough edges. I am down to my last three for four so am glad to know where to purchase them. My hair is so fine and thin, hair sticks will not hold it unless I use one or two of these with them. They really lock the hair in place. Great product.

spidermom
January 20th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I don't like them and broke several. My DD loves them, however. Her hair is quite a bit shorter than mine.

missy60
January 20th, 2009, 09:46 AM
I have not tried the ones from Sally's so I am interested in the comparison also. I love the Goody ones though.

AJoifulNoise
January 20th, 2009, 09:58 AM
I don't get mine online either.....sorry for the confusion.

The confusion is my fault. I don't have a local Sally's (that I know of) so if I want any of their stuff, I'd have to buy online.

By the way, I've found these pins in Walgreens, too.

Teakafrog
January 20th, 2009, 01:17 PM
I actually used to order the "Good Hair Days" ones online, since I couldn't find them locally. I just noticed the Goody ones at Wally world last week and picked up a pack. They are exactly the same--they hold just as well as the 'real' ones. Only potential problem--you could order them in different colors (I usually got the clear ones), and I've only found brown at wally world. Of course, I have brown hair, so not an issue for me. I'm glad I can just go pick up a pack when I need to now! :cheese: They are my favorite for holding updos when I don't want to use a hairstick.

Cinnamon Hair
January 20th, 2009, 05:45 PM
The Goody version is ok; I prefer Good Days though. Goody's pins are less flexible so snap more easily. The plastic has a different feel, different weight maybe? The Good Days are more flexible and rubbery in a way, whereas Goody's pins are hard plasticy and hollow feeling. Not a bad substitute if you want to avoid the added shipping fees of ordering online but I can tell the difference between the two.

ReadingRenee
January 20th, 2009, 06:30 PM
hmm I never even noticed a difference. I have a big jumble of goody's and walmart and I don't know if I could tell them apart. I know one has a different brown than the other but can't remember which was which. They both work equally well for me.

coppercurls
January 20th, 2009, 07:00 PM
hmm I never even noticed a difference. I have a big jumble of goody's and walmart and I don't know if I could tell them apart. I know one has a different brown than the other but can't remember which was which. They both work equally well for me.

Same here!:)

rymorg2
January 20th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Thanks for all the input guys.....I have a sally's nearby too, and I need some flexibility but for only around $3 I may pick up a pack of the goody ones to see how they do. I LOVE My good day ones. :D

Curlsgirl
January 21st, 2009, 06:18 AM
I can't tell a difference either. I like Amish pins though MUCH better. The plastic pins seem to like to push their way out of my updos. :rolleyes:

rymorg2
January 21st, 2009, 06:22 AM
I can't tell a difference either. I like Amish pins though MUCH better. The plastic pins seem to like to push their way out of my updos. :rolleyes:

I actually like amish pins too but can't use them because they're metal, and I have a sensitivity to them. I had to list all my amish pins on the swap board. My good day pins don't push their way out on me at least.

Cinnamon Hair
January 21st, 2009, 02:16 PM
The Goody version is ok; I prefer Good Days though. Goody's pins are less flexible so snap more easily. The plastic has a different feel, different weight maybe? The Good Days are more flexible and rubbery in a way, whereas Goody's pins are hard plasticy and hollow feeling. Not a bad substitute if you want to avoid the added shipping fees of ordering online but I can tell the difference between the two.

I need to amend this. The hair pins I have that look like Good Hair Days are by Scuncii. Those are the ones I was able to find in a drugstore. Never seen Goody brand pins in that shape. Sorry about the confusion!

AJoifulNoise
January 21st, 2009, 02:23 PM
I need to amend this. The hair pins I have that look like Good Hair Days are by Scuncii. Those are the ones I was able to find in a drugstore. Never seen Goody brand pins in that shape. Sorry about the confusion!

You know what, I think mine are Scuncii, too.

squiggyflop
January 22nd, 2009, 05:39 PM
The Goody version is ok; I prefer Good Days though. Goody's pins are less flexible so snap more easily. The plastic has a different feel, different weight maybe? The Good Days are more flexible and rubbery in a way, whereas Goody's pins are hard plasticy and hollow feeling. .
you took the words right out of my mouth.. almost down to the exact words i was going to post

yup the goodys ones snap in my hair.. i need the rubberyness of good days.. (im glad im not the only one who thought of them as rubbery)

Curlsgirl
January 22nd, 2009, 05:47 PM
I actually like amish pins too but can't use them because they're metal, and I have a sensitivity to them. I had to list all my amish pins on the swap board. My good day pins don't push their way out on me at least.

Yes I saw that in another post you made after I suggested them! That stinks!

rymorg2
January 22nd, 2009, 07:11 PM
Yes I saw that in another post you made after I suggested them! That stinks!

Eh, it's alright, I have other things that work....like my good day pins LOL.....