PDA

View Full Version : Eeep, my husband's cut, not me!

Kirin
March 27th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Yesterday i traipsed my husband to the hair cut place, which he hasn't seen the inside of once since maybe he went to a barber shop at ten years old. He always buzz cut his own hair, so didn't need one.

He's finally been growing out for a while, from a buzz, and almost shoulder length at the back, his hair was uneven, growing all different lengths and to hide the pouf he was gelling like made and sidesweeping (picture donald trump combover)..... yes, that look on a guy with BIG poufy curly hair. We're talking plastered down helmet head.

Okay i drag him in to get a clean up, not length changed, just even it up and thin it out a little so he'll stop gluing it down with gel cement lol. Alright so we're there, and they keep asking.....

"Both of you?" "Two for a cut?" No! "Which one of you first?" Dude its just him getting a cut. Now i know, i guess they thought with my growing out layers i wanted a cut... they were just being nice, but i was having heart palpitations like i'd fall asleep and wake up with a pixie lol.

And, i'm not all that long, just shoulder length at my longest layers, sheesh! lol, I dont look wild and woolly.... i couldnt wait to get out of there!

On a good note, the husband got his trim and to my delight, she only "dusted" the back, litterally just a powder fine little trim, then thinned him out a bit up top with graduated layers (works WAY better for him).

embee
March 27th, 2008, 04:52 PM
You're brave to even enter a haircut place! I'm not about to. Good job, though, for your DH; sounds like he really got the trim and shaping he needed.

DecafJane
March 27th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Wow, Kirin, I know that fear! It sounds like we are in a similar growth stage, and I keep getting terrified that one day I will accidentally go to the hairdresser and undo 5 solid months of growth!! Eeep!!!

I'm glad his haircut worked. I would like my DH to have a crack at growing his, but he isn't even the type to put product in his hair, so it would NEVER happen.