PDA

View Full Version : Down Hairstyles

sweetbluesky
January 18th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Hi Everyone,
I like leaving my hair down, it makes me feel pretty and feminine.:) I like having my waves around my shoulders. It softens my heart shaped face as opposed to putting hair up. I have a few hairstyles I use when I am leaving my hair down, but I don't have that many. I can't do a half-up because my sides are thin and it makes my head look strange. These are what I do so far:
*headband in the front, (thin or thick) with/without long bangs
*small puff in near the forehead area
*pin small amount of hair in the front forehead and make the rest "voluminous"
*part it on the side and twist and pin the sides
*side part and flatten front hair, doing a puff at the crown
*randomly pin some waves and leave some spirals around face
*diagonal part/ zig zag part and leaving hair randomly pinned or loose

does anyone else have any other suggestions for down hairstyles? TIA

helen2806
January 18th, 2009, 04:49 PM
I quite often do a small french plait at the front of my hair, from about in line with the middle of my eyebrow across my hairline to the opposite ear, then pin it behind my ear and leave the rest of my hair loose. Or I quiff the front by taking a triangular section, hairspraying it then pushing it forward as I pin it

sneakybea
January 18th, 2009, 07:04 PM
I like to make a headband across the front of my head, either by french braiding or doing a rope braid. It's actually my favorite style for a first date, as it allows me to show off the length of my hair and my "mad braiding skillz"!

sweetbluesky
January 21st, 2009, 03:02 PM
Both of these sound amazing, but I am braiding-challenged :-( do you guys have instructions for these styles?

sneakybea
January 21st, 2009, 11:22 PM
Here are instructions to one variant of the "braided headband across the front" style I mentioned. http://www.dreamweaverbraiding.com/braids/lace.htm
This version uses what she terms a "lace" braid, in which you only add hair to the front. I do it that way sometimes, or use just a regular french braid.

lynnala
January 21st, 2009, 11:29 PM
Lately I've been doing a very low, loose ponytail at the back, and bringing the length over my shoulder to the front. This keeps the hair off of my face, but I still have loose length. A flexi-8 or a flat clip work well for this because it spreads out the pony tail.