PDA

View Full Version : nearing goal... what should I do...

paxye
March 27th, 2008, 03:05 PM
I haven't had a trim in a long time... I have about 2-3 inches of hair that could go I think... but I am so close to my goal that I don't want to get it cut and have to wait longer... lol...

So... should I wait until I get past goal and then trim, should I just do it soon and then get to goal? What would be better?

spidermom
March 27th, 2008, 03:09 PM
For me, it would depend on how damaged those ends are. Sometimes ends can get so bad that your hair is breaking off faster than it can grow. If they look mostly good and your hair is still growing, it would be fine to wait.

I think every single person here would give you a slightly different answer, however.

Feisty Redhead
March 27th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I'd just do a light dusting now, if your ends really need *something* done to them... and hold off on the bigger trim till a bit past goal length so you can get there faster. But that's just me, and I'm terribly impatient. :D

suicides_eve
March 27th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Micro trims helped me. I just took off about 1/4 and it made a world of difference in my hairs appearance and manageability. Some on here do S&D (search and destroy) and have luck with it,me i have no patience for that.

paxye
March 27th, 2008, 03:14 PM
they're not that bad and not at all stunting the growth of my hair... it mostly dry and because it is the end of my hair and I haven't had a trim in such a long time my hair it is thinner at the bottom so I think it looks worse than it really is...

paxye
March 27th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Micro trims helped me. I just took off about 1/4 and it made a world of difference in my hairs appearance and manageability. Some on here do S&D (search and destroy) and have luck with it,me i have no patience for that.

what is a micro trim?:o

squiggyflop
March 27th, 2008, 03:20 PM
tough call... i ended up taking off about 2 inches of my hair because it was so damaged.. of course i was bleaching my hair all the time to get all the pretty manic panic colors to really pop..my hair is still messed up on the last 6-7 inches... henna has helped me but not as much as the 2 inch chop... well actually it was 2 chops one inch at a time (i think)
remember when you get to your goal how do you want your ends to look... i say take off an inch at most... if you think it needs more wait a month and take off another half inch

Moonstone
March 27th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I'm in about the same position as you, and I've decided not to trim until I've reached my goal. It's a personal thing, though. I was close to my goal in December of 2006, but I cut off several inches, so now I feel that if I keep trimming, I will never get there. I'm afraid I'll just keep repeating what I did last time I trimmed. I'd say if your ends aren't too bad, just leave them alone - give your ends some oil or whatever they like and put your hair up.

Feisty Redhead
March 27th, 2008, 03:27 PM
they're not that bad and not at all stunting the growth of my hair... it mostly dry and because it is the end of my hair and I haven't had a trim in such a long time my hair it is thinner at the bottom so I think it looks worse than it really is...

Sounds like they just need some moisture; try oiling and see if that helps. So you basically just don't like the taper, and want a more even, full hemline? Even just a small trim will help, you don't have to take off a lot to see a difference. If you do decide you want to trim you don't have to take off the whole amount at once. You could just do 1/2 inch now, wait till your hair has grown some more then another 1/2 inch or something. Whatever you feel most comfortable doing.

what is a micro trim?

A trim where you only take off a tiny amount of the ends (I think most people would go for about 1/4 inch), so there's not much loss of length. :)

suicides_eve
March 27th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Sounds like they just need some moisture; try oiling and see if that helps. So you basically just don't like the taper, and want a more even, full hemline? Even just a small trim will help, you don't have to take off a lot to see a difference. If you do decide you want to trim you don't have to take off the whole amount at once. You could just do 1/2 inch now, wait till your hair has grown some more then another 1/2 inch or something. Whatever you feel most comfortable doing.

A trim where you only take off a tiny amount of the ends (I think most people would go for about 1/4 inch), so there's not much loss of length. :)

that is exactly right Feisty Redhead i find they work good on my hair, i have thin wispy ends i am slowly phasing out while growing and you can do more or less triming to you likening

Islandgrrl
March 27th, 2008, 03:43 PM
For me, the condition of my hair is just as important as the length.

I think that if the ends are really bad off, then you should do the smallest possible trim to improve them, take really good care of the new ends and wait it out.