PDA

View Full Version : CO washing and vinegar rinses on dry hair

pariate
January 17th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Hi

This has probably been covered before but I can't find it. -"ACV" and "CO" are both too short for the search function, I've tried other ways but no luck.

Is there anyone out there who has quite dry hair (mine is dry AND wurly!), and has tried CO washing with a vinegar rinse? If there is, would you tell me what results you had please? I wonder if it might help with shine, dryness, frizz control... you know, the usual culprits! :wink:

Thank you :flower:

logica_divina
January 17th, 2009, 01:22 PM
I don't have very dry hair and scalp, but either way I love rinsing with diluted ACV after CO. It gives an incredible slip and shine :) HTH

inspiral
January 17th, 2009, 01:31 PM
looks like we have similar hair, and i have been COing for a while, before i found LHC. i have tried the vinegar rinse after CO and i really liked it, it made it nice and slippery and soft, and easy to comb thru. i've only done it once or twice, and i cant remember what the shine/frizz control effects were... i will have to try again and report back! i use braggs raw apple cider vinegar, it has to be kept in the fridge, and its great to take internally, i've been using it for a long time and was so excited to find that it was good to put on my hair too!! i put it on my salads along with other stuff! :cheese:

pariate
January 17th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Ladies, you used the magic word - slip! :disco:

Can you remember the ratio/measurement of vinegar: water please?

logica_divina
January 17th, 2009, 03:10 PM
I don't really measure. Probably around 5-6 tbs ACV to 1.5l water or something like that... :o

pariate
January 17th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Great, thank you. Even if it's not exact, it gives me a starting point. :)

logica_divina
January 17th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Great, thank you. Even if it's not exact, it gives me a starting point. :)

Sure. And you can always change the ratio and see what works for you :flower:

pariate
January 17th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Precisely! I'll be using white vinegar too, which may well alter the dilution requirement.

logica_divina
January 17th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Precisely! I'll be using white vinegar too, which may well alter the dilution requirement.

Um.. That is possible. I never used white vinegar, so I can't really help a lot.

bunnii
January 17th, 2009, 04:19 PM
I use vinegar after COing, our hair types aren't the same but I use white vinegar :) I use about 100ml to every Litre sometimes I use 200ml if it's got more build up or if I want extra shine. HTH :)