PDA

View Full Version : Cool guy style on old movie!

SimplyLonghair
January 16th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Okay I admit to being an old movie buff. So I am watching the movie Elephant Walk with Liz Taylor and there is this very interesting character in it. An older gentleman, I think that he is Indian in that he is wearing what he calls a cast comb in his hair. His hair is beautiful silver and up in a modified french twist with a small bun at the top of the twist and a circlet shaped comb that rides on the top of his head like a backwards tiara. It is a great style and looks very nice, not feminine on such a forceful man. It would be a lovely style on anyone:D His hair, even though I am fairly sure it is a wig is a great wig! I love the color, I would love to know if it really was his hair. I do think that he really is an Indian gentleman and I know that some never cut their hair so it is possible.

Going to google to see if I can find a pic that shows a style like this.

intothemist1999
January 16th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Wrong movie, but now I'm going to have Mancini's "Baby Elephant Walk" stuck in my head! :D

SimplyLonghair
January 16th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Yup, dum de dum da da dum da da da da! I love that song, but it can get irritating if it sit stuck to long!:rolleyes:

Couldn't find pics, but did find out it wasn't his hair! He was a Burmese-Jewish person and a great character actor.

intothemist1999
January 17th, 2009, 08:37 AM
I tried to find pics, too, but couldn't find any with that headpiece. Sometime after reading your post, I was channel surfing and came across that same move on TCM! He DID look very arresting!

(geek alert!) In searching for info on him found out he was a "being" in the Star Trek episode Charlie X, and was "the voice" in a couple of other eps!