PDA

View Full Version : Sister. Cut bangs. Rage.

GlassEyes
January 16th, 2009, 08:29 PM
I had written out the entire, stupid novel of this event, but then the bloody window crashed. :mad:

Edit: I'm not angry now, just kind of disappointed about it, despite what the post says. XD;

Long story condensed. GlassEyes= Idiot. Sister= Stupid. Mix the tw together and I let my sister who couldn't figure out that CURLS RISE UP cut my hair. AND I TOLD HER THEY DO DAMMIT. :mad::mad:

This was a few days ago, and since she butchered them, I cut them a bit more and tried to make them look presentable. I thought they were passable at first, but now I'm not so sure. So I slicked back my hair for a few days, then wore them down to see them with eyes unclouded (mostly) by the blinding red blaze of my unadulterated rage.

After taking photos, I think they make my head look long. :( I need opinions from others, so I'm posting them up here. Ugh.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/PaulCarroll/DSCF1410.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/PaulCarroll/DSCF1412.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/PaulCarroll/DSCF1413.jpg
The only bonus is that my bangs are now the healthiest part of my hair, and the only strands free of old bleach damage...*sigh*

Elphie
January 16th, 2009, 08:37 PM
*deep breath* C'mon, you can do it. Take another!

Honest opinion? I like how you usually wear your hair better but this looks good too. I know you don't want to hear that. It does not make your face look long and it actually draws my eye towards your eyes more. Bangs grow quickly, so no matter what, they will be back to normal in no time and you're right, you've cut off any damage that there was.

It will be ok.

getoffmyskittle
January 16th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Um, I don't see a problem... (I think it looks good.)

GlassEyes
January 16th, 2009, 08:40 PM
*deep breath* C'mon, you can do it. Take another!

Honest opinion? I like how you usually wear your hair better but this looks good too. I know you don't want to hear that. It does not make your face look long and it actually draws my eye towards your eyes more. Bangs grow quickly, so no matter what, they will be back to normal in no time and you're right, you've cut off any damage that there was.

It will be ok.

I'm fine now. I wanted to kill myself and my sister at the time, but now I'm just upset at the look of them. I'm probably just overthinking it, it is just hair, but still... D:

I didn't flip on my sister for the sole reason that I didn't want to go there. For once she looked abashed at causing an issue for me.

I'll be fine, and thank you. I meant to convey my feelings at the time of the event in the post, but I am less angry now...just depressed about it. :(

Coriander
You know what? Those curly bangs of yours make your eyes HUGE. I think that's a great thing!

Elphie's right... bangs grow super fast, and you've cut off the damaged bits.

I think you look great.

NebraskaChick84
oh my goodness! I know you are angry but your hair is so gorgeous! I love your bangs! they are so pretty!

(((hugs)))

MrsGuther
January 16th, 2009, 08:42 PM
actually, I think your bangs look very pretty. I like your curls! If you feel that your sister butchered your hair and that makes you uncomfortable, then you should nicely tell her in the future that you will be going to a professional salon to get your hair done, or to someone who knows how to cut hair correctly. Forgive her, because she probably didn't do it on purpose.

Shorty89
January 16th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Personally, I like it better without the bangs, but they don't look horrible. This too shall pass :-)

Elphie
January 16th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Well, I've wanted to kill my sister a time or two, so....I hear ya. *smiles*

But sure as the sun will come up tomorrow, your bangs will grow back to where you're happy with them. Just remember, it's only hair...

(runs from the pitchforks and tar...)

SHELIAANN1969
January 16th, 2009, 08:47 PM
First of all, your eyes and eye lashes and your curls are to die for....nothing to cmplain about there. :flower:

And your hair does NOT look bad at all, I think the bangs look different because the rest of your hair is slicked back.

If it were all free, I think it would look completely different.

I can completely understand wanting one look and getting another though, all in all, your hair is gorgeous and a lot of folks here would gladly give a limb to have theirs look the same. :D

BTW, I don't think the new bangs make your face appear long, yes, you have angular features, but that's the natural you! :blossom:

They look ok!

spidermom
January 16th, 2009, 08:51 PM
I don't have a problem with it at all.

Dez
January 16th, 2009, 08:54 PM
I think it looks good fine also, and in a few weeks they should be longer!

Girltron
January 16th, 2009, 08:56 PM
It's very soft and nice around your face. I like it a lot! I think curls work great for this, because it looks natural for them to sort of tumble around the face, whereas with straight hair it looks fake. I know you weren't expecting this look, but I think it's very attractive.

ole gray mare
January 16th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Not worth the time in prison, IMO. Don't embark on a homicidal rage. This is not something that the jury will understand.

Honestly? I think they look nice. I expected something far different from your description.

Make up with your sister and someday you will all laugh about this around the family table with the grandchildren! :)

Seriously, I think they look good!

LittleLlama
January 16th, 2009, 09:05 PM
As far as bangs go, those are top notch!

suicides_eve
January 16th, 2009, 09:09 PM
aw sweetie, i know the feeling of wanting to straight up strangle a sister... but to be honest your bangs look fine:) they will grow out before you know

Sarahmoon
January 16th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Could be they make your head look long a bit, but it could also be the camera angle because it seems less prominent to me in the second picture than in the first and last.

Teazel
January 16th, 2009, 09:35 PM
You look gorgeous, honey. Don't fret! :)

Demetrue
January 16th, 2009, 09:51 PM
You look GREAT!!! The bangs look adorable and make your eyes look stunning. Try to forgive your sister, but never let her near your hair again. Curls can be very forgiving of bangs, different lengths, etc. No matter how good you look, I know it's hard to deal with unexpected, unasked for change in one's appearance/hair. Fortunately, you look good, so try to rock those bangs until they grow back to where you want them.

Fillette
January 16th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Honestly, that looks really reallllly good to me. You have a very cute face and very nice features. I find that the bangs emphasize your eyes. IMHO it looks very nice!

jojo
January 17th, 2009, 12:07 AM
I like them is it ok to call a lad pretty? ok then i will you look pretty with them!

Debra83
January 17th, 2009, 12:10 AM
You'd make a mop head look good. Really.

She didn't butcher them at all...you probably only feel like that because it was different than what you expected.

The difference between a good haircut and one you don't like is about 3 weeks. And if the first 1/2 month into the new year is any indication, it'll fly by for you...and you'll be looking to cut them again!

teela1978
January 17th, 2009, 12:25 AM
They look good to me. Although, from your story I was expecting there to be loads of little 1" curls sticking out at random angles from your hairline so this might just be so much better than what I was picturing that it's fabulous in comparison.

They definitely bring out your eyes.

Siava
January 17th, 2009, 12:39 AM
I think they look fine. Can you post a picture of yourself smiling with your newly cut bangs? You look very sullen in the pictures and I can tell you don't like them, but I think you'll see a difference if your sister, you, or someone else can get a picture of you with a genuine smile. Your bangs don't offset your face as far as I can tell.

Tressie
January 17th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Hey, from your post I didn't know what to expect, but to be frank I think the curls are nice and healthy looking! And, no I don't think they make your face look long at all! (o:

30isthenewblack
January 17th, 2009, 01:09 AM
I don't think it's possible for you to look bad Glass Eyes! I agree with Demetrue in that "curls can be very forgiving of bangs, different lengths, etc." When your hair is down, they will blend into your curls and no one will notice them.

Ryanne
January 17th, 2009, 02:40 AM
They look good to me. The curls look very healthy and shiny.

eadwine
January 17th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Wow.. I wish I had those bangs! They look just peachy to me :)

lynnala
January 17th, 2009, 03:47 AM
Well I for one LOVE THEM! I think they are super cool looking, very different, and I like the two different layers. I think they work great with your face!

nessthing
January 17th, 2009, 04:31 AM
They look the same length they did in your October progress pictures, so that's not too much growback time. And now there's no damage!

Johanna64
January 17th, 2009, 05:27 AM
You look good with it,I think you look good with everything :)

jel
January 17th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Oh, don't you look CUTE! :D The shorter tendrils really frame your face, giving it a softer look and accentuating your eyes. I like!

So, don't kill your sister (for this). ;)

Chrissy
January 17th, 2009, 05:37 AM
I liked it better before but it doesn't look horrible. As others have said they will grow back. I once went to a salon to have a trim and they cut my hair so short I had to wear a hat for a while till it grew some. Now that was awful!! Be thankful it's only the bangs and not the whole head!!!

Hide the scissors from your sister. :)

AnimaSola3o4
January 17th, 2009, 05:48 AM
I was gonna point out the fact that you have absolutely gorgeous eyes, and the shorter bangs makes them stand out more. :)

Unzadi
January 17th, 2009, 06:05 AM
Add me to the chorus. I'm sorry you didn't get what you'd hoped for, but with those to die for curls, still gorgeous. Think of this as a chance to try a new look for a little while, and before you know it, the bangs will be back to where you'd wanted.

LutraLutra
January 17th, 2009, 06:51 AM
I was expecting to see some kind of horrible hair disaster - and there you are looking fab. :) You don't need to worry about the way it looks, honest.

GlassEyes
January 17th, 2009, 09:46 AM
You'd make a mop head look good. Really.

She didn't butcher them at all...you probably only feel like that because it was different than what you expected.

The difference between a good haircut and one you don't like is about 3 weeks. And if the first 1/2 month into the new year is any indication, it'll fly by for you...and you'll be looking to cut them again!

XD Hopefully not. The only reason I asked her to cut them was because of the ends. It was supposed to be a test to see if she would be okay with trimming the rest, and she failed. D: I really just want them the length of the rest of my hair.

With my mom she used a ruler, but with me, nooooo. D<

Thank you for your reassurances.

I like them is it ok to call a lad pretty? ok then i will you look pretty with them!
Hahahaah. xD I'll take pretty over ugly any day. So thank you.

They look the same length they did in your October progress pictures, so that's not too much growback time. And now there's no damage!
Hopefully. Then again, I was using monistat then, so growth sort of flipped out at the front of my head.

ut yes, no damage. I shall chant that in the recesses of my skull. xD;

Thank you to everyone who's replied. I guess I overreacted. I'm fairly critical of my appearence (I have signifcant self-image issues), and this, on top of school ot letting me register for classes due to their own ineptitude, having a health scare, and losing money because of my own stupidity, wasn't exactly a great thing for me. xD;

And to those who wish to know, I didn't yell at my sister (for once). She felt genuinely bad, and I really didn't want to push it.

Which for me is surprising, because we get into huge fights.

SHELIAANN1969
January 17th, 2009, 09:56 AM
I think those other problems you described just made this one small thing the *straw that broke the camels back*

I hope you situate everything with school classes, that you are feeling better and that maybe you recoup your money, or at least don't lose any more of it! :grouphug:

It does get better, you may feel like crap right now (from all of the things that have happened at once) but in a week or so, they won't seem so bad. :flower:

skay
January 17th, 2009, 10:25 AM
I had written out the entire, stupid novel of this event, but then the bloody window crashed. :mad:

Edit: I'm not angry now, just kind of disappointed about it, despite what the post says. XD;
<snip>

Hi Glasseyes, glad you're feeling better. It definitely sounded like you had some excitement at your place.

On the plus side, the curls of your bangs are still there and they are just awesome looking! I love your perfect spiral curls.

And you're lucky you have great facial features (and by the way I don't think your face is long/too long) so shorter hair is not a negative for you.

You'll have your long/longer hair back before you know it. :)

P.S. That's cool your sister understood you on this issue.

Tangles
January 17th, 2009, 10:45 AM
I wouldn't have said it was a big deal, BUT I cut my bangs like this too once, and it made me feel my face was really long also. So I see how you're feeling. It WILL grow. Try just clipping it back in the meantime. The longer you can forget about any hair-related problem, the better.

ktani
January 17th, 2009, 10:52 AM

Long story condensed. GlassEyes= Idiot. Sister= Stupid. Mix the tw together and I let my sister who couldn't figure out that CURLS RISE UP cut my hair. AND I TOLD HER THEY DO DAMMIT. :mad::mad:

This was a few days ago, and since she butchered them, I cut them a bit more and tried to make them look presentable. I thought they were passable at first, but now I'm not so sure. So I slicked back my hair for a few days, then wore them down to see them with eyes unclouded (mostly) by the blinding red blaze of my unadulterated rage.

After taking photos, I think they make my head look long. :( I need opinions from others, so I'm posting them up here. Ugh.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/PaulCarroll/DSCF1410.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/PaulCarroll/DSCF1412.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b170/PaulCarroll/DSCF1413.jpg
The only bonus is that my bangs are now the healthiest part of my hair, and the only strands free of old bleach damage...*sigh*

I was expecting to see worse than your pictures show. I get your anger. Been there, more times than I care to recall. However this does not look bad at all. I also prefer your hair longer but this will grow out fast and soon.

I cut a section of my own hair a while back and got caught up in evening it out and went shorter than planned. In about 1 month, no big deal. Yes, that seems like a long time but it really isn't.

In 2 weeks you will be less concerned, I promise. This does not detract from your appearace, make your face look longer nor is it a disaster, IMO.

RavennaNight
January 17th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Glasseyes, I dont see whats so horrible! Relax, your hair looks great and you have beautiful ringlets!

GlassEyes
January 17th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Hi Glasseyes, glad you're feeling better. It definitely sounded like you had some excitement at your place.

On the plus side, the curls of your bangs are still there and they are just awesome looking! I love your perfect spiral curls.

And you're lucky you have great facial features (and by the way I don't think your face is long/too long) so shorter hair is not a negative for you.

You'll have your long/longer hair back before you know it. :)

P.S. That's cool your sister understood you on this issue.
Thanks.

She did understand even though she was kind of...stupid about it. She has waist length hair and is always worrying about getting it cut. The one thing all the people in my family share a common obsession in is our hair.:o Be it short or long.

that and books, but that's only my mother and I.

lapushka
January 17th, 2009, 12:04 PM
I have bangs too, they're growing out as well. It's a bit awkward, but they'll grow. Yours look nice, mine poof all over the place. I think you look great with or without bangs, they're not that bad actually! A few face framing layers suit you! They're not that short, thank God, and they'll grow... if that helps. :)

WindowDressing
January 17th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Dear GlassEyes, honestly, I don't see anything bad at all in your pix!!

With such stunning eyes and curls, anyone else would notice that first, so no worries.

Hope you two find a way to stop fighting and be close, you'll wish you had later on. Prayers for all.

You look great, JMHO.

Love and Hugs,
WD :)

LisaJaney
January 17th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Seriously, GlassEyes, how can you go wrong with that face? Eyes are gorgeous...all those things everyone else said. You look grand! (this, based on the first picture only. I have dialup and it's SOO slow I only looked at the first one. But I'm being honest: you have a wonderful face. You could be bald and still look good because you have a nice face.)

justgreen
January 17th, 2009, 01:39 PM
I think you look FINE! More than fine, great, spectacular!!!!!!! Your eyes are gorgeous, please donate some eyelashes to me?

I don't think you should waste anymore time worrying about how the bangs look, because everything looks good on you!

Speckla
January 17th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Not.Fair.

You look great both ways.
________
HERO HONDA KARIZMA R (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Hero_Honda_Karizma_R)

kdaniels8811
January 17th, 2009, 02:32 PM
I think your hair is georgeous and looks very healthy so if you cut off the damaged parts, it is a good thing? I understand how you feel, I would be incredibly upset if my hair was cut off... It is flattering to your face, makes your beautiful eyes and cheekbones stand out!

Tap Dancer
January 17th, 2009, 02:57 PM
You look fine to me. :) When you look in a mirror, remind yourself that all the damage is gone now. That's the most important thing. And maybe next time, you'll get someone else to do the trimming. ;)

brok3nwings
January 17th, 2009, 04:40 PM
i actually dont see any problem with it. Your curls are so perfect that it really doesnt matter

snowbird
January 19th, 2009, 06:20 AM
wow! they look great! I'm also a curly with bangs (mine are really thick).

Though, I doubt you could do much to your hair to make it look bad: perfect curls :D

If you don't like them in your face, a headband or ribbon tied around your head that 'captures' the bangs is a great grecian-inspired look that securely keeps them back with no damage

GlassEyes
January 19th, 2009, 07:25 AM
wow! they look great! I'm also a curly with bangs (mine are really thick).

Though, I doubt you could do much to your hair to make it look bad: perfect curls :D

If you don't like them in your face, a headband or ribbon tied around your head that 'captures' the bangs is a great grecian-inspired look that securely keeps them back with no damage
XD; Eh-heh. It would be, if I were a girl. Or more feminine in general. :p

I'm going to try all the buns, hairtyles, and anyhting I can find on here, but I think that may go too far for me. :)

GlassEyes
January 19th, 2009, 07:27 AM
On a side-note: I want to thank everyone who's replied to this thread thus far, and for the many compliments I really wasn't expecting.:o

I would have done so earlier, but the thread was about to die. xD; and I didn't feel the need to revive it.

Elphie
January 19th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Should you decide to try the ribbon out, you MUST take a photo of that.
:p:cheese:

GlassEyes
January 19th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Should you decide to try the ribbon out, you MUST take a photo of that.
:p:cheese:
XDDD Hahaha, will do.

angelthadiva
January 19th, 2009, 09:11 AM
You are so stinking cute to begin with...THAT should be against the law, btw...Seriously though, you could be bald and still hawt. You have great confidence, just rock the style until it grows out...It does not look thaaaaaaaat bad at all. Pinky swear! ;)

xo

joyfulmom4
January 19th, 2009, 12:01 PM
I am so sorry this happened. :grouphug:

I can honestly say that I like your new look though. I loved it the way it was before, but this style brings out your eyes more. And you have very beautiful eyes.

yogachic
January 19th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I have to comment on your eyes too, they are gorgeous, and so are the ringlets.

Igor
January 19th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Wow, that really sucks that your sister cut bangs when you told her not to! No matter if people think it looks good or not, I’m sorry to hear she didn’t listen to you :grouphug: She broke your trust when you let her work the scissors and I can understand you’re upset
How long will it take to grow them out again?

GlassEyes
January 19th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Wow, that really sucks that your sister cut bangs when you told her not to! No matter if people think it looks good or not, I’m sorry to hear she didn’t listen to you :grouphug: She broke your trust when you let her work the scissors and I can understand you’re upset
How long will it take to grow them out again?
For the shortest pieces it'll take a few months. The longer ones, less time. :(

Pulled straight she cut off about...three to four inches? And I'm an idiot for letting her; it isn't the first time that she's done something to make me mad/upset me.But I'm adjusting to the change. I sort of like it, sort of don't.

All said and done, I overreacted, and hair grows...though slowly. D:
All said and done, I overreacted.