PDA

View Full Version : How often do you do treatments?

cocolover
January 16th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Since "treatments" pulls up a lot of posts in the search thread, I created this post. I apologize if it is one that has been posted before.
My question was, how often do you do a treatment on your hair, something beyond putting some oil on your ends.
I have to wash out a treatment and since I'm trying to just wash twice a week, that would be treatments twice a week. I was wondering if that was what most are doing on here, or if my hair is getting neglected!
Thanks

chrissy-b
January 16th, 2009, 03:17 PM
The only "treatments" I do with regularity are heavy oiling (once a week) and cassia (about once a month). Other than that, I only do them when my hair needs them. I clarify when my hair is tangly and feels generally crappy, and I do a deep moisture treatment when my hair feels super dry.

NebraskaChick84
January 16th, 2009, 03:23 PM
I've been doing heavy oil treatments about 1-2x a week. when I first started my hair was SO dry that I did it 3x the first week. now that my hair is doing better I'm trying to see how it does with a heavy oiling once a week.

alkaliberry
January 16th, 2009, 04:11 PM
When I remember ;)

Elphie
January 16th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Other than oiling overnight every few days, not often at all.

teela1978
January 16th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Pretty rarely lately. Deep oiling maybe once a month (if that often).

Carolyn
January 16th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I don't have a schedule for treatments. I try to do something at least once a week. I wash my hair 3-4 times a week so it's not hard to make one of those washes into some kind of a deep treatment.

jojo
January 16th, 2009, 04:59 PM
I use a light oiling every morning, a deep oiling or conditioner a week and I snip the split ends off once a week.

Cinnamon Hair
January 16th, 2009, 06:06 PM
I like to deep condition using a heat cap once a week. Sometimes I miss a week but not often. Once a month or every 6 weeks I do a protein treatment (30 mins, with heat cap), and if I have time, I will follow that with a moisturizing deep conditioning treatment (30 mins, with heat cap) either the same day or the next.

suicides_eve
January 16th, 2009, 06:10 PM
eh when i get around to it. I am not to pressed to do anything other then clarify occasionally, leave the conditioner on as long as i can in shower, and vinegar rinses and brown sugar scrubs when i get the chance to shower alone w/o a "mommy!!!!! come here" call.

kdaniels8811
January 16th, 2009, 06:13 PM
I am trying to stick to a schedule of 4-5 weeks between hendigo glosses and SMT at least weekly. Just started using mega-tek - that will be applied 3 times a week to scalp only. Wash every 4 days or so, keeping it up and not combing helps keep my oily scalp clean longer.

paper
January 16th, 2009, 06:14 PM
I like to do an overnight heavy oiling with Coconut Oil, once a month.