PDA

View Full Version : Confused about counting the days

MandaMom2Three
January 16th, 2009, 09:41 AM
I've had to wash (co) every day to keep it silky and eventually I was able to go every other day. I tried going even longer and it worked marvelously! I washed on Sunday and didn't wash again until Wednesday. It was quite greasy by then but my hair was silkier and more manageable than ever for the next few days. I had not seen it so nice, I didn't need to do ANYTHING to it the next day (unheard of) or the next! So I definitely want to try this new schedule but I'm a little confused about how to count the days. Am I washing on day 3 or day 4? If I start counting the day I wash (as in wash day is day 1) that means I wash again on day 4 (but then day 4 and day 1 end up being the same day) or do I start counting the day AFTER I wash, in that case I'd be washing on day 3. This is probably the easiest question in the world, I plead morning brain :rolleyes:.

maskedrose
January 16th, 2009, 01:51 PM
I don't think that there is a right answer to that - everyone's logic system is a bit different. I personally count my wash day as day 1, the day after day 2, and the day after that day 3. I wash again on what would be day 4, which then becomes day 1. Some people count dirty days - DD 1 is the day after a wash day, and so on. Personal preference, I guess.

pariate
January 16th, 2009, 01:58 PM
I think of the first day after washing as day one. If you wash once every three days, you take any group of three days and there will only be one wash day; so you'd wash Monday, Thursday, Sunday. Does that make sense?

Elainehali
January 16th, 2009, 02:02 PM
What if you're a night time washer? The next morning is day 1 because your hair shouldn't get too dirty while you're in bed.

hahaha... well maybe. :o

pariate
January 16th, 2009, 02:08 PM
What if you're a night time washer? The next morning is day 1 because your hair shouldn't get too dirty while you're in bed.

:laugh: I see your point! Day 2 would have to start in the evening. You perfectionist, you :p

rymorg2
January 16th, 2009, 02:10 PM
I count wash day as day 1, and wash every other to every third day. So in my schedule I wash day 1, wait 2, wait 3, then wash day 1 again.

lora410
January 16th, 2009, 02:20 PM
I would count it as 3 days between washings ;)

pariate
January 16th, 2009, 02:25 PM
I count wash day as day 1, and wash every other to every third day. So in my schedule I wash day 1, wait 2, wait 3, then wash day 1 again.

Yay! We're on the same calendar then :wink:

SHELIAANN1969
January 16th, 2009, 02:26 PM
This could be confusing :D

Buddaphlyy
January 16th, 2009, 02:28 PM

Lol, this is the logic I use because I'm a night washer. I wash my hair just about every day, so I only get to day 1.

viking_quest
January 16th, 2009, 03:02 PM
This thread is confusing me as to when I need to wash my hair next. I count the days I don't wash my hair. So I wash my hair and the next day will be day 1, next day 2, and I wash the day after the 2nd day. That was confusing to write.

Islandgrrl
January 16th, 2009, 03:09 PM
I count Wash Day, Wash Day +1, Wash Day +2, etc. So if I wash on Sunday, Monday is +1, Tuesday is +2.

Does that make sense?

freznow
January 16th, 2009, 06:57 PM
I was at night, so that night (which is only, at most, a few hours) I count as "clean", no real day. The next day is ('dirty') day 1, then day 2, day 3, etc. I typically wash on day 7.

PseudoScot
January 16th, 2009, 07:11 PM
This drives me nuts too! :D

Wash day for me is day 1. Mainly because I don't like the idea of Day 0....

So if I wash Monday, that's day 1. Tuesday is Day 2, Wed = Day 3.... So I usually wash Day 3 or Day 4.

MandaMom2Three
January 16th, 2009, 09:19 PM
LOL so my confusion was contagious :D I wash in the morning because I'll usually have stuff in my hair overnight that I want to wash out. I'll just call it day 1/4 :p

spidermom
January 16th, 2009, 09:53 PM
I count a full day as 24 hours out. So if I wash on Tuesday, day 1 is Wednesday.