PDA

View Full Version : Eeny, meeny, miny, moe, which toy in my hair should go?

eadwine
March 27th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Which toy goes in my hair today? Argh I have so many, I cannot choose!

Do you have problems choosing which one? This thread is for you!

Share your experiences when making a choice. What makes you decide for one or the other?

For me: One day differs from the next. One day I decide which matches my clothes best, the other day I decide for the toy that holds the most meaning to me. I cannot really point ONE out of them all.

Silver & Gold
March 27th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Oh, this is me! I generally wear 2 or 3 hair toys in the same day. One when I get up in the morning, just to get my hair out of the way . . . and yes, I do match my nightclothes/robe when I choose my hairstick, why not?
Another if I go anywhere during the day.
Yet another in the evening when I change into my 'lounging around the house' clothes.

So here is my question. In the same vein . . . do you choose your hairtoy to match your clothes? Or do you choose your clothes to match your hairtoy? I personally am just as likely as not to look at my hairtoys first, pick the one I feel like wearing and then select an outfit to go with my hairtoy.

Yup, I'm a total addict.

rubyann
March 27th, 2008, 11:28 AM
You are too funny, eadwine! In a good way:)

I don't own nearly as many as you do, but I just wear whatever speaks to me that day. Today is a red dekn bent and then bent to curve with my head. I'm wearing red scrubs, so that had something to do with it. It's funny that I'm ignoring my "proper" hairtoys for a homemade solution;)

eadwine
March 27th, 2008, 11:29 AM
:lol: As far as my clothes go, that is easy since I wear a uniform at work. I have just gotten to deal with "if it doesn't match, see if I care".

Wore a fuchsia toy with a mainly white accented with blue and green suit.

In the evening I go for night fork, a simple bent needle that has had no treatment color wise or anything, holds ALWAYS.

Leisha
March 27th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Yes eadwine, I think you have too many hairtoys, maybe it would be in your best interest (you know, to make the choice easier and stuff) if you ehm, give some of them to meeeeeee :p :D (kidding of course, I'm just a bit jealous of your collection ;) )

I don't really have that problem, I tend to just wear one stick for a while (few days or weeks even) and then I see another one lying around the house and switch to that one for a few days/weeks :lol: I don't give it any thought if it matches what I'm wearing, unless for special occasions.

eadwine
March 27th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I just bought most of them! Like hell am I parting with them THIS soon :lol:

Besides.. they're too small for you :p ;)

I do tend to wear certain things for days on end, but it makes it interesting practicing with different toys :)

spidermom
March 27th, 2008, 11:52 AM
I don't have very many items to choose from, and more often than not, I use the one I can find.

pinksquiff
March 27th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Um is it too involved to match hairsticks with pink butterfiles on with a skirt with pin flowers on , becuase I kind of wanted a botanical theme?:confused:

I am glad that I am not alone, generally when I dress I match colours in my clothes, same tones and shades etc and I notcied in recent months that this obesession has grown to what hair toys I use.

however my mum always says I look glam so who can argue with that...even if it is a little bit strange...

akka naeda
March 27th, 2008, 12:41 PM
I have plenty. I somehow manage to rotate through them so they all get used. At this time of year my hair is up, so I am using sticks - I generally wear dark colours so my hair toys are the only splash of colour there is, which means I can get away with wearing pretty well anything. The Ficcares will come out of hibernation when the weather is warmer and I can wear my hair in a plait without it rubbing on my coat, or if I am going somewhere I can get away with having my hair in a log roll or a half-up. I live in the middle of nowhere so what will do for urbanites doesn't do for me:)

bugeyedmonster2
March 27th, 2008, 01:06 PM
There is no such thing as too many hairtoys. :P

(^_^)/
BEM