PDA

View Full Version : My One year @ LHC Anniversary... (kinda pic heavy)

tigerlily83
January 15th, 2009, 06:22 PM
I tried to post pictures from my album on here, but I just got the big dreaded red X on all of them (???) All of these pictures can be found in my album. I'm sad because I wanted to make one of those fun picture heavy posts. :cry: My album is here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=1479

So this is my One Year Anniversary post....well, kinda. My "real" anny is January 22nd, but I don't want to wait that long to make a post. :p

I came here last January, after deciding whether or not to maintain my at the time trendy angled bob look a la Jenny McCarthy I had cut in October '07... (mine was slightly longer than hers and not blonde). After much thought, I decided that I wanted my long hair back, and it was more "me". So, began my journey back to long hair!

Before "The Big Chop" my hair was BSL+. I really don't know what I was thinking. DH said that if in theory..... I had not chopped my hair, I would be close to hip length! When I heard that I REALLY wish I didn't cut my hair....but it probably needed it, I told myself. Regardless my DH loves my hair whether it is super short or very long. I estimate I had 10" chopped off, give or take.

I had my hair cut into a shag-like cut well above shoulder length....it's in my album, the short, choppy, red hair bathroom pic.

I hated it, and I tried everything to make it look good, but to no avail. The ends were way too choppy and some parts were very uneven, so I *had* to cut, again. *tear* When I had my hair re-cut in to a much more manageable, cuter but much SHORTER hair cut, the shortest piece of hair was right at the nape of my neck at 11-12ish inches. In January '08 after a bit of a growth spurt, when I joined LHC, my hair looked like the angled bob Jenny McCarthy had still, but a little longer.

After this up until October 13th there are really no "length shots" but I was able to start making small buns in April '08. In the month of July I began measuring my hair the LHC way. That same month I made my first hairstick bun. My measurement was 17 1/2". Fast forward three months: October '08 I measured in at 20 3/16th's.... November '08 @ 21" .... and December '08 @ 22".

Now I am approximately at 22.4" without ANY trimming whatsoever since March 22nd 2008 (somewhere between 22" and 23" but closer to 23" I think). I'm past my first two milestones... I can make a bun or twist and hit APL. Now I am inching more and more towards BSL, hopefully by late spring. Actually, if my hair is wet and combed straight...and if I wear the bra I wear most frequently, some pieces of hair DO touch the top of the bra strap. I always measure dry and blow dryed straight, but still!!!

I have learned so much since posting here at LHC....I know the ins and outs of cones and SLS... I NOW know how bad flat irons are for your hair, I've discovered the wonders of the CWC washing method and of course, flexi-8!!! (I now have three). I have blow dryed my hair MUCH less than I ever have before. I've gone months without it but it's maybe twice a month for me. I've become acquainted with hairsticks and I hope to acquire some pretties someday especially the ketlyos.

After chopping my hair super short (for me) and growing it, my hair is very very close to the length it was back in July 2007....the picture I'm talking about is the one where I have black hair, but I'm on a couch petting a cute black cat.

My goals for 2009 is to trim as little as humanly possible...I think my using much less heat on my hair will help with that. Also to grow to and beyond BSL. I'm also wanting to try henna this year. By New Year's Eve going into 2010 I hope to be close to waist (I'm quite petite... only 5'1".)!

Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart, LHC. This wonderful place has shown me even more how beautiful long hair is, and how fun it is to take care of it and grow it beautifully long! :)

SimplyLonghair
January 15th, 2009, 06:25 PM
I couldn't see the links or the pics:( But happy Anniversary!:cheese:

tigerlily83
January 15th, 2009, 06:49 PM
I attempted to edit the original title...so it's not really "pic heavy" anymore, but they are in my album. :)

SimplyLonghair
January 15th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Lovely! Your hair is great! :cheese:Very Cheese worthy!

Dez
January 15th, 2009, 07:04 PM
your hair is very nice! Congrats on 1 yr!

kam984420
January 15th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Congrats on 1 yr.! Happy growing!:cheese:

chrissy-b
January 15th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Your hair is beautiful! Congrats on your one year anniversary. :flower:

Sammybunny711
January 16th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Happy Hairiversary! It looks great and is really growing strong!

lora410
January 16th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Congrats!! You hair is very thick and beautiful ;D

SweetPea88
January 16th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Congratulations! :cheer:

Monsterkitti
January 16th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Congrats! Such great shine and growth :)

Islandgrrl
January 16th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Happy One Year Anniversary to you!!!

suicides_eve
January 16th, 2009, 09:27 PM
you hair is so shiney! congrats. You'll hit bsl before you even know it ( with out having to straighten it;))

Moldilocks
January 16th, 2009, 10:22 PM
You have great thick and shiny hair! Congrats. :)

jojo
January 17th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Your hair looks very healthy and shiny. Good growth you have had too, I think you will make BSL by your target time.

well done!

Tressie
January 17th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Wonderful! Happy Anniversary!! Keep up the good work! (o:

jessie58
January 17th, 2009, 01:49 AM
I looked in your album and saw some pretty, shiny, lush hair there. Great job and happy anniversary.

Fillette
January 17th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Happy Anniversary and congrats on your progress! :)

LutraLutra
January 17th, 2009, 07:04 AM
So much shine on one head of hair, love the colour too. :)

tina1025
January 17th, 2009, 07:21 AM
You have gorgeous Hair :)

tigerlily83
January 17th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Thank you, everyone! I'm proud of the progress I've made, and it'll only get better from here. I can't wait to hit BSL. :)

SchnauzerMom
January 17th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Happy anniversary! Your hair looks very pretty, I love the color!

sahiba
January 18th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Congractulations on your first anniversary :thumbsup: Your hair is very pretty and shiny . I loved your updos as well.

granitbaby
January 18th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! Your hair is very pretty and with your growth rate you will hit BSL and beyond in no time :flower:

Lisa Marie
January 18th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Congrats and Happy Anniversary!

sandigirl
January 18th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Happy Anniversary. Your hair looks very nice and shiny. Pretty colors, too.

desertrose
January 19th, 2009, 01:47 PM
congrats your hair is very nice and so shiny.. i really like the color

Shorty89
January 19th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Congrats! Your hair looks gorgeous! It is very shiny.

maskedrose
January 19th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Happy Anniversary!! Your hair is lovely and you are gorgeous! I think your mom is one of my long hair idols now too :)

Ayanna
January 20th, 2009, 03:06 AM
Happy Anniversary!

your hair looks so shiny and beautiful:)

LoVeLy CoLoR<3