PDA

View Full Version : Another love & hair problem

Eirinn
March 27th, 2008, 10:09 AM
The thing is... I don't know why after every day spent with my BF my hair is nothing but to wash:( It's so limp and greasy that I look just horrible! Do you share my expirience? Why is that and what can be done with that? Help!

SolSara
March 27th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Does your BF use wax for styling? Are you rubbing heads together? Well, one girl had this problem at my other hair-forum.. :D

Does he run his fingers throw your hair a lot? I might be just sebum or maybe something on his hands. Or it's just because you cuddle so your scalp get massaged more than usual. :)

I get silicone in my hair sometimes after a weekend with BF, not good when I'm on CO, but that's another story.. :rolleyes:

Eirinn
March 27th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Does your BF use wax for styling? Are you rubbing heads together? Well, one girl had this problem at my other hair-forum.. :D

Does he run his fingers throw your hair a lot? I might be just sebum or maybe something on his hands. Or it's just because you cuddle so your scalp get massaged more than usual. :)

I get silicone in my hair sometimes after a weekend with BF, not good when I'm on CO, but that's another story.. :rolleyes:

Wax? None of those things, he's growing his hair too;) The thing is that he doesn't run his fingers through my hair and they're clean. He just often puts back - out of the way my hair (didn't find better word, sorry, hope you understand what I mean:D)

Isilme
March 27th, 2008, 12:27 PM
yes, my hair gets greasier faster too. It could be more sweat from the warmth when you're cuddling. Or from hair being tossed around. Just do an extra wash and you'll be fine again:)
The word bedhead comes to mind;)

hrimfaxi
March 27th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I've had this happen with one boy really bad and not with the other boys I've dated. I never quite figured out what was different that caused it to happen.

heidi w.
March 27th, 2008, 03:30 PM
What's the condition of the cleanliness of sheets, pillowcases, the pillow itself and any pillow linings? I have been known to throw pillows away they're so beyond beyond disgusting and never in a bazillion washes will I get the darn thing clean.

I myself have a lot of sebum production on my scalp skin and this does rub onto my cases and the pillow liner. For this reason I have to wash these items more frequently than others might.

Exercise does create more sweat which increases sebum/acid mantle balance changes.

Also, it's been winter in many parts of the US and the heat is up. This can contribute plus this creates more dust, too, coming through the vents. The dry air, sweat from exercise.....it can compound to equal more hair washes please.

But check out the condition of the sheets/pillowcase/pillow. IF you see a lot of yellowy staining on the pillow or pillowcase, at least wash it in hot water with some bleach, or replace the pillow. Face and scalp sebum does rub off and build over time.

heidi w.

Eirinn
March 28th, 2008, 12:52 PM
heidi w.: Thanks, but what have the bed-clothes to do with this? I'll consider it... but if it was the pillow case to blame I would have such a greasy hair everday, I gues.

lora410
March 28th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Maybe it's from hormones? You figure your around the one you love and happy so maybe that excitement causes a slight hormonal shift. Even if you don't always feel that crazy, happy, lovey stuff our bodies have an odd way of responding to different people and things around us. Just like some people automatically make us uncomfortable,nervous etc. Am I making sense?

harpgal
March 28th, 2008, 01:12 PM
Folks, this is just the kind of thread that can jump quickly past our PG13 guidelines. Please remember that when you post. Also, remember that everybody on the net can read this, so use caution.

heidi w.
March 28th, 2008, 01:42 PM
heidi w.: Thanks, but what have the bed-clothes to do with this? I'll consider it... but if it was the pillow case to blame I would have such a greasy hair everday, I gues.

I wasn't talking about the clothes you or he wears, if that's what you mean by bed-clothes. I was speaking of the linens, most specifically the pillow cases and the pillows themselves. I had the understanding that this occurs after a day at your BFs place (assuming you have separate dwellings).....(after a day spent with my BF....perhaps I assumed the wrong direction).....so I was thinking that there may be sebum buildup on his pillowcases and/or pillows.

When I moved in with my beau, I had to replace all the pillows because when I removed the pillowcases to wash them (which stank, by the way, the cases that is), I noted incredible dark yellow stains not natural to any pillow I've ever seen.

That's all.

But if you live in the same pad, then I don't know. A lot of people in hair care land overlook the need to clean hair tools and pillows themselves.

heidi w.

Sarahmoon
March 28th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Only thing I could think of is maybe your bf touches your hair a lot, or you touch your hair more yourself when he's around, or his pillowcase is less clean than your own, or you maybe sweat more?

Eirinn
March 28th, 2008, 03:00 PM
heidi w.: I see what you mean, although I'm still not sure if you think of one or separate beds... but well, there are separate beds - christians:) I also think that maybe we should end this pillow-plot according to what harpgal has said

lora410: Yes, your're making sense, thanks!:flowers:

n3m3sis42
March 30th, 2008, 06:43 AM
I once had a boyfriend whose skin produced lots and lots of oil. As in, he would smell slightly of sebum by the end of the day, every day. It wasn't a disgusting odor or anything, but it was noticeable, at least to me (I have a pretty strong sense of smell). I was washing my hair more or less daily at that time, and it was fairly short, so I didn't notice any effect on its oiliness. However, I did experience a LOT more face breakouts while we were dating, and I assume that was due to the exposure to his natural hair/skin oils.

Any chance something similar is going on here?

Eirinn
March 30th, 2008, 08:11 AM
n3m3sis42: I don't think so - his skin is pretty normal