PDA

View Full Version : if anyone still uses Suave, here is a link for free poo/condish etc.

Garnett
January 15th, 2009, 11:11 AM
http://www.bellasugar.com/2694282

I know a lot here use this brand of conditioner for CO washes, so I hope this helps someone! Or was that VO5.. my brain is missing something today hehe. Anyway.

If this is the wrong place for this, sorry and please move/delete.

Hue
January 15th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks, Garnett!

The sign-up period may be over (the bellasugar post was from yesterday morning, and it noted "today only"), but there was a sign-up for future offers. And maybe not over yet, regardless?

I think I came in on the SKR V05 after the ill-famed recipe switch, as I've always heard it used to work better. It does work well for my COs, though.

sandigirl
January 15th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Does anyone here actually use any brand of Suave shampoo? I always found it very much like detergent--even the copies of salon brands.

Garnett
January 15th, 2009, 12:22 PM
well crap. Sorry guys LOL

WindowDressing
January 15th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Does anyone here actually use any brand of Suave shampoo? I always found it very much like detergent--even the copies of salon brands.

We use the Naturals line for CO and the shampoo for emergencies and only other time is when I mix it with cond 4:1 shampoo to wash after overnight oiling.

I've had very good results with it and hubby likes it too, but we CO, so the shampoo bottle lasts a looooong time.

Hugs,
WD :)

Alia
January 15th, 2009, 04:43 PM
The conditioners are quite nice, especially coconut:).

suicides_eve
January 16th, 2009, 10:14 PM
i thought about using the Humcant condtioner. My regular brand is $$ and i am getting broke lol. only bummer is it looked like it had some 'cones in it... i try to stay cone free if i can-kills my curls

vbear
January 17th, 2009, 08:01 AM
I use Suave Professional with Humectant, shampoo & conditioner & love it. The price is right, leaves hair tangle free and smells good too.

Speedbump
January 17th, 2009, 09:09 AM
I use Suave conditioners regularly for protecting my length while shampooing my hair. They are not good enough for my final conditioning, but they do a great job of keeping the shampoo off my ends. The shampoos are really harsh and I don't use them, although I would wash my clothes with them. ;)

Linda K
January 24th, 2009, 02:56 PM
We use the Naturals line for CO and the shampoo for emergencies and only other time is when I mix it with cond 4:1 shampoo to wash after overnight oiling.
:)

Are you saying you mix the conditioner to 'mellow out' the 'poo so it isn't so harsh? :confused:
Just wondering - I finally got out of the house and bought up some Suave & VO5 condish (4 bottles!;)) plus the Suave clarifying 'poo as I plan to do frequent overnight oiling. Just getting started. Don't want to use up the Aubrey's as a CO wash.

WindowDressing
January 24th, 2009, 03:20 PM
Are you saying you mix the conditioner to 'mellow out' the 'poo so it isn't so harsh? :confused:
Just wondering - I finally got out of the house and bought up some Suave & VO5 condish (4 bottles!;)) plus the Suave clarifying 'poo as I plan to do frequent overnight oiling. Just getting started. Don't want to use up the Aubrey's as a CO wash.

Yes, that is what I do. The poo is plenty powerful enough. But I have a lot of greys so the poo is too much even after oiling. But the CO is not quite enough either. So this has worked for me.

Hugs,
WD :)

cho_chang
January 24th, 2009, 09:20 PM
I use Suave shampoo. *hides*

Elphie
January 24th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Nothing wrong with Suave, IMO, no reason to hide!

Radulfr
January 26th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I just stopped using it this week. My hair didn't like it.
Like detergent is a good description, IMO. :agree: