PDA

View Full Version : Curly Hair Solutions

hbbydl
January 15th, 2009, 09:46 AM
I am on looking on the website for products. Probably going to get the beginner kit to see if I like it. Is it really that great of a product? Just curious for those of you who have used it if it can really correct the hair and help with splits. My hair is not extremely curly but not straight in any fashion either. I don't like it to feel crunchy when it dries so......does the curl keeper to this to it? Also, do you really need the treatment shampoo, silk shampoo and conditioner? Can one live with just the detangler or leave in?

I have purchased tigi moisture sham and cond. Want to find a leave in that will tame the fly-aways, frizzies, etc.

You guy are soooo smart about this and I am so not.

Thanks. Hope everyone is having a great Thursday so far.

Presto
January 15th, 2009, 10:13 AM
About the crunchiness... You are supposed to scrunch the crunch when it is dry for most products. Let it dry to a crunchy state without messing with it, and then go over your head taking fistfuls of hair and squishing them until the crunch is gone. Don't comb it out! Even scrunched, it should go a long way toward controlling frizz.
Of course, I might be doing this wrong. There should be more opinions soon. :)

lapushka
January 15th, 2009, 10:36 AM
This resource might help:
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk

hbbydl
January 15th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Just got to where I am able to get back on the computer. Will look at the website. I ordered the beginner kit and some leave in that did not come with the set. We will see.

Thank you.

suicides_eve
January 16th, 2009, 10:07 PM
have you tried aloe gel? Some people have great results using it

manderly
January 16th, 2009, 10:28 PM
I don't know what products you are talking about purchasing :confused:

I'm a wavy and the products I use in my hair are as follows:

Chagrin Valley Shampoo bars
white vinegar
Suave conditioner
Giovanni Direct Leave-In
coconut oil

That's it. There's no need to purchase specialty "kits" and stuff. My stuff is all dirt cheap, and gleaned from what I've learned here and trial and error.

My hair is soft, silky, manageable, and shiny :) I would suggest before purchasing any miracle kits you check out some of the cheap and easily accessible things you can for your hair.

Can we get some more info on your current routine and hair condition?

suicides_eve
January 16th, 2009, 11:18 PM
I don't know what products you are talking about purchasing :confused:

me either;)

jessie58
January 16th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Manderly and SE, the title of the thread is Curly Hair Solutions. This is the name of the product line.

I used Slip, Curl Keeper and the Leave In.

The slip is useful if you have very tangly hair. The Curl Keeper, less is more. Too much is not good and is crunchy, a little less is not crunchy but then not that great at keeping in the curls.
The leave in is very light and doesn't seem to be very moisturizing.

My experience was very so so with these products.

Your question about splits. I don't have any so can't answer there.

manderly
January 17th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Thanks for clearing that up Jessie, I didn't realize that was a brand name :D

lahondas
January 17th, 2009, 12:08 AM
since I have black in me, (mixed) fly aways frizzies and major static hair is a daily thing unless i care put soemthing on it. I use green tea aphogee spray, seems to tame the curls well! Its all i use for them, tht and aloe vera gel or sheabutter. i have used mixed chicks conditioner b4, but its made my curls kinda hard, i perfer natural feeling hair, softness and control.

jessie58
January 17th, 2009, 01:47 AM
Thanks for clearing that up Jessie, I didn't realize that was a brand name :D

No problem Manderly, if you're not familiar with the product line, then it just looks like a thread searching for curly hair solutions. :D

hbbydl
January 17th, 2009, 05:14 AM
My internet at home isnt working so checking this at work. Right, that the product line is curly hair solutions. Wanted really to know if it was worth the money to spend. I have tried aloe before but I dont seem to have much luck with it.

My hair gets tangly when it dries. By evening, it is in a tangly mess, especially at the ends. Only way out of that I have found is to oil it and leave it alone, comb it out in shower next morning with conditioner. Found the wide tooth seamless combs as suggested by some others. Hopefully, this hair mess will come around.

Hope you all have a great Saturday.