PDA

View Full Version : When the large Ficcare is too small...

Tigerdawn
March 8th, 2008, 01:26 PM
What do you do? My hair isn't real thick, but it's just past my knees and my ficcare just won't hold a bun at all. It slips right out. Even if I stick the end inside the middle of the bun it works it;s way out pretty quickly. Does anyone else have this problem?

zift
March 8th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Hello Tigerdawn,
I know I got the same problem as you too. What style are you trying to do. If it's a log roll you should insert the clip from the thinnest place of the roll where you wrap less hair. Lady Godiva had instructions ,I wish we could get the articles back from the old LHC soon.
I myself use the ficcare in a different style. I do a low insideout bun and insert the ficcare between the top coil and the wrapped part so that I don't catch any scalp hair. It sounds weird hope you understand.
I still wish ficcare makes an extra large clip so that we could use it for more styles.
ETA: And I wish ficcare makes a clip which opens bigger. The most difficult part of wearing it is inserting to me, the gap between is too small.

Anje
March 8th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Have you looked at Ficcare's Superclip (http://www.ficcare.com/Products.aspx?collId=56)? Word is that a large Superclip holds more hair than a large Maximas.

Ursula
March 8th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Have you tried using it to hold a log roll? That would require even less grip. Perhaps don't use it to hold the ends, use a hairpin to tuck them under - that would be one less bit of hair to be held.

I can't use a large maxima, at all. Won't even hold a log roll, alothough that is the only thing it even comes close to hoding. (It will hold it up, but doesn't have enough space to grab enough scalp hair to give it comfortable support - it winds up pulling very painfully.)

Ficcares are a tool that many people find useful. They are not a tool that is useful for everyone.

There is always the swap board.

Tigerdawn
March 9th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Thanks for your replies guys. I've just been using it with a cinnabun. I'll try the log roll. I need more practice with that style anyway. It never looks the same twice!

Shell
March 10th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Thanks for your replies guys. I've just been using it with a cinnabun. I'll try the log roll. I need more practice with that style anyway. It never looks the same twice!

The log roll is great, and so is the inside out bun. I never use my ficcares on cinnabuns. I use mine on knot buns, twists, folds, and figure 8s too. You can use them on a lot of 'dos; just be creative!

RedButterfly
March 10th, 2008, 10:13 PM
You are so lucky to have that problem. I hope my hair will get that long some day.

I think I saw extra large barrettes and hair forks on Ebay. Perhaps there is something available for extra long hair?

daeana
March 10th, 2008, 11:38 PM
with the log roll, make sure you clip either over or through the loop to grab minimal hair.

honestly, every time i've tried a ficcare, i've been unimpressed. they're just not as comfy or big as the big plastic clips i have (from taiwan).

WritingPrincess
March 20th, 2008, 05:39 PM
BTW, Lady Godiva's tutitorial is at the articles section. She re-posted it.