PDA

View Full Version : Need CWC advice please!!

Xandergrammy
March 27th, 2008, 07:54 AM
I just started doing my own version of CWC and so far I like it. I just need some pointers. I couldn't find an article. If there IS an article, could someone please point me in the right direction? I appreciate any and all info. Thanks in advance.

Patrycja
March 27th, 2008, 08:08 AM
um...I have no idea if there is still an article but I will give you my own CWC routine and maybe that will help :shrugs: I'm not one for lots of cones and I was using a commercial shampoo of course.I'm not picky about protein but I do try not to use a conditioner with protein in both the C's.But that doesn't always happen...
I slather my hair from the ears down in VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze clarifying conditioner,let it sit for a few moments and lather my roots up with diluted Sauve vanilla floral shampoo.I scrub my roots gently,my husband says it looks like I have soap corn rows when I do this LOL.Then,I rinse and rinse.When thats down I slap on some heavy cone conditoner like sauve humectant or pantene..something that has wonderful slip.And rinse!For the first C I sometimes use a water soluble cone condish instead of one that doesn't have them at all.It just all depends on what I have.
When I do a ACV-I apply it after I rinse the last C and wash the ACV out.But-washing it out and letting it stay in is a constant debate around here,you know that ;)
I really hope I helped but you are far more knowledgable about hair than I am Xandergrammy :love: Good luck and let us know what happened :D

Xandergrammy
March 27th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Thanks, ilovemycop! Do you wet your hair before the first C?

missy60
March 27th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Im not ilovemycop but I CWC and I wet my hair first. I was reading on my bottle of AOHC conditioner for a prewash deep treatment to apply to dry hair 15 mins before washing.

I have tried putting it on dry hair but it just feels like it doesnt absorb and I have to use alot and my hair is way shorter then yours. I would just try it both ways if I was you and see which you like better.

Isilya
March 27th, 2008, 08:36 AM
I follow the George Michael CWC at the moment and it works great for me.
I: - apply my first CO to my ends and the top layer of my dry
hair and let it sit for about 15 min
- wet my hair and wash it with a little bit of shampoo and
rinse it out
- wash it again with even less shampoo and rinse that out
- CO from the ears down and let that sit for 5 to 60 min
(depends on how much time I have)

HTH

jojo
March 27th, 2008, 08:39 AM
hi there Leni long hair!

I wet my hair first, then from my ears down apply apply the conditioner, i use a coneless (Giavani smooth as silk at the moment but im fickle!) then i leave this on for 3 minutes, then I just shampoo my scalp (raspberry shine smell lovely but if you try this poo dont try tasting it, it makes you gip! yes i did try-:crazyq:) and rinse in tepid water, then i condition again but all over this time and leave for another 2 minutes and rinse in cold water for just one minute (got that from the curly book!) and voila there you have it!!
:cheese:

ps tried looking for the article on CWC washes but their aint one and just realised i gave you info on a CSC duh! talk about teaching a grandmother how to suck eggs! just leave the poo out!!

Alaia
March 27th, 2008, 08:40 AM
I wet all my hair before applying the first C (light, and cone free).

Then I get all the length out of the way as much as possible and proceed to use the shampoo much like a scalp wash. Only once the shampoo is rinsed out do I rinse out the length. Then, heavier (coney for me) conditioner on the length only, and leave it for a few mins then rinse.
:) HTH

Isilya
March 27th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Forgot to add this and can't edit yet: I only wash my scalp with the poo, never the ends.

Patrycja
March 27th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I'm sorry Xandergrammy I should have included that..yup I wet my hair before the first C.I haven't tried it dry yet-that's a idea though.Thanks for helping me out :D

What's your routine right now?

missy60
March 27th, 2008, 01:39 PM
hi there Leni long hair!

I wet my hair first, then from my ears down apply apply the conditioner, i use a coneless (Giavani smooth as silk at the moment but im fickle!) then i leave this on for 3 minutes, then I just shampoo my scalp (raspberry shine smell lovely but if you try this poo dont try tasting it, it makes you gip! yes i did try-:crazyq:) and rinse in tepid water, then i condition again but all over this time and leave for another 2 minutes and rinse in cold water for just one minute (got that from the curly book!) and voila there you have it!!
:cheese:

ps tried looking for the article on CWC washes but their aint one and just realised i gave you info on a CSC duh! talk about teaching a grandmother how to suck eggs! just leave the poo out!!

You gave the right info for CWC it stand for Condition-Wash-Condition. Isnt it an honor to be offering advice to someone with such lovely hair.

Leni I just realized that I have been around almost as long as you have but your hair has totally out done mine.

angelthadiva
March 27th, 2008, 01:57 PM
I do CWC too. I wet my entire head of hair and apply the first condish from root to tip, then rinse. I use only about a dime/nickle size of poo and only wash the scalp (not the length). I follow up w/a deeper condish all over. I do this first thing in the shower and let the last condish just sit on my hair until I get done doing the rest of my routine...The last thing I do is rinse the final condish...I do an ACV rinse about once a week.

Xandergrammy
March 27th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Thanks, everyone, for your replies. I've done the last 3 washings as CWC, once starting with dry hair and twice with wet hair. I'm not sure which way I like better. I DO have to use alot of conditioner for my first conditioning if I start with dry hair. I do, however, have alot of the conditioner that I use first (gallons, actually) so I can splurge a little if I decide I like the dry method better. For the wash, I use very diluted shampoo. I have a little squirt bottle just for diluting shampoo. For my 2nd condition, I use whatever speaks to me at the time. My first conditioner is no cones. My 2nd conditioner could be conefree or low cones. I don't like the really coney conditioners, but a little bit is okay.

Anyway, thanks for all your help. :flowers: